Bears RB David Montgomery to miss 4-5 weeks with knee sprain

RaidersAreOne

• 3 weeks later...

So let me get this straight. Damien Williams opts out of the 2020 NFL season because of concerns over COVID. Then he DOESN’T get vaccinated, and gets COVID. Because he is unvaccinated he misses two weeks of the season and the opportunity to show that he can still play while Montgomery is out. How can you miss an entire NFL season out of concern of COVID, then not get vaccinated? Makes me wonder if COVID was a convenient excuse to just miss a season and still get some money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

So let me get this straight. Damien Williams opts out of the 2020 NFL season because of concerns over COVID. Then he DOESN’T get vaccinated, and gets COVID. Because he is unvaccinated he misses two weeks of the season and the opportunity to show that he can still play while Montgomery is out. How can you miss an entire NFL season out of concern of COVID, then not get vaccinated? Makes me wonder if COVID was a convenient excuse to just miss a season and still get some money. 

Williams mother was in a terminal stage with cancer.  He opted out because he wouldn’t have been able to spend his off time with his mom,  in her last stages.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Williams mother was in a terminal stage with cancer.  He opted out because he wouldn’t have been able to spend his off time with his mom,  in her last stages.  

Gotcha. That makes sense then. I thought that he didn't want to get COVID and spread it to her. But it was more about him just spending time with her. I'm cool with that.

• Like 1