College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Colin Cowherd is stating that Taggert is going to FSU but Cristobal and Leavitt will be staying behind and Cristobal will be taking over as Head Coach.

I don't believe that Oregon is settling for Cristobal.

1 hour ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Weak of Taggart to bail on Oregon after 1 season tbh

I'm not worried about it. I didn't think he would stay long anyway. Solid hire after the Helfrich fiasco, but I was never super sold on him @ Oregon. If he had been around a while, maybe I would feel differently. But aside from a few tweaks here and there, he took an Oregon team that shouldn't have gone 4-8 in 2016 to 7-5. 

In 2016, we should have beaten Nebraska, Colorado, California, and Oregon St and finished at 8-4. 

This year, we should have been 6-6 but for a miracle win at Nebraska. 

Congrats to Taggart for being better than Helfrich, which isn't saying a whole lot in my book. But I didn't really see a whole lot of improvement from him, save not making the ignorant decisions that Helfrich made his last year. 

Props to the guy for getting his dream job and I sincerely wish him the best, but I can't say I'll miss him or that Oregon lost a sure thing either. 

EDIT: To be honest, I haven't kept up much with it. "There's no decision to be made." .....Congrats to FSU on finding another guy with little loyalty to a team. Kinda glad he's gone if that's how he is as a person tbh. 

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Congrats to Taggart for being better than Helfrich, which isn't saying a whole lot in my book. But I didn't really see a whole lot of improvement from him, save not making the ignorant decisions that Helfrich made his last year. 

Didn't y'all only lose one game when the starting QB was healthy?

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Didn't y'all only lose one game when the starting QB was healthy?

Yes, but even with Herbert in, we weren't WSU, Stanford, UCLA, or Washington. ASU may have been a tossup, but watching that game, we were lucky to by just 2. 

This last year, we would look GREAT at times in the first half (see the Nebraska game as a perfect illustration) only to look like absolute garbage after halftime and letting teams come back. We got fortunate a few times and held on for wins, but overall, I would have said this team was a 5-7 team more comfortably than a 7-5 one. 

Just now, RedRider said:

Who are the three better hires?

1. A&M with the 2nd best coach in the nation.

2. UCLA with Chip Kelly.

3. Florida with Dan Mullen.

I also consider Auburn being able to retain Gus as a better move than FSU getting Taggert.

Archived