Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I hope he balls but we need Odell asap

I also hope that Zay Jones does well but I think any faith in him performing well is blind faith. 

OBJ has become somewhat of a villain and people think he's washed, he can save his career/public image, and help save our season during  probably the craziest season any team has ever had.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I hope that we win but the faith that some of you have in Zay Jones is incredible, lol. It's like saying Jalen Richard might be a 1,000 yard back, he just hasn't been cause he's 3rd string so he hasn't been able to play. Hell Peterman might be a franchise QB, just hasn't played.

Literally nobody claimed Zay would be a 1000 yard WR. Not even close. If anything, people prefaced with him having a ceiling probably around 650-700 yards. 

Your hyperbole never ceases to amaze.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Literally nobody claimed Zay would be a 1000 yard WR. Not even close. If anything, people prefaced with him having a ceiling probably around 650-700 yards. 

At this point I'm literally just gonna wait till around this time tomorrow. We'll see what the mood is like then. It's not the first time we've seen this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

A ceiling of around 700 yards/8 TD when he has 400 yards/2 TD in 33 games with us. Obviously Mayock and the staff don't agree or we wouldn't be signing Desean Jackson.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

At this point I'm literally just gonna wait till around this time tomorrow. We'll see what the mood is like then. It's not the first time we've seen this. 

And if he doesn't play well you'll say it's because he played against good corners like when he got clamped by the Bills last year, huh?

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A ceiling of around 700 yards/8 TD when he has 400 yards/2 TD in 33 games with us. Obviously Mayock and the staff don't agree or we wouldn't be signing Desean Jackson.

As you said yourself, we have 3, three, THREE, tres, a trio, a ménage a trois at WR and were going to be signing someone regardless. 

Do you just change your angle thread by thread?

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

As you said yourself, we have 3, three, THREE, tres, a trio, a ménage a trois at WR and we're going to be signing someone regardless. 

Do you just change your angle thread by thread?

We currently have 5 WR on the roster now after activating Stoner/Ateman. Desean Jackson is very comparable to Henry Ruggs from a skill-set perspective as a fast WR that can stretch the field. Jackson will play more then Zay Jones.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And if he doesn't play well you'll say it's because he played against good corners like when he got clamped by the Bills last year, huh?

No there's just been no excuse and I'll see what I've always said which is regardless we should probably sign DeSean Jackson because nobody on the team runs 4.3 or lower or Odell because he's been one of the best receivers in football.

But again all these criticisms are brought to you by the guy who said....

-Bradley was a product of the players he had

-Yannick Ngakoue was only good because he had 

-Solomon Thomas has no chance to make an impact because of his stats 

-Weekly one Lamar Jackson is unstoppable because he played the dolphins who traded away everyone 

-Every week we can't win against for some reason and then there's a built-in excuse when we do win 

-We shouldn't sign Odell Beckham in the beginning of the week and then by the end of the week we absolutely need him or we won't make the playoffs

-your car is not a franchise quarterback because he hasn't taken us to the playoffs

Like all of those takes will see what things are looking like tomorrow around this time. That's actually why I wasn't saying anything today because I know that if you're wrong you're just gonna switch like you always do or put me on the do not reply list like a teenager lol

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

We currently have 5 WR on the roster now after activating Stoner/Ateman. Desean Jackson is very comparable to Henry Ruggs from a skill-set perspective as a fast WR that can stretch the field. Jackson will play more then Zay Jones.

Yes, and? 

You don't get to have it both ways. Signing Jackson isn't an indictment on Jones so much as it is acknowledging that Stoner and Ateman were literally promoted from the practice squad because we had 3 active guys. 

And again, not a single person doubted that Zay would play less than Jackson or Odell or whomever we signed. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

No there's just been no excuse and I'll see what I've always said which is regardless we should probably sign DeSean Jackson because nobody on the team runs 4.3 or lower or Odell because he's been one of the best receivers in football.

-Weekly one Lamar Jackson is unstoppable because he played the dolphins who traded away everyone 

-Every week we can't win against for some reason and then there's a built-in excuse when we do win 

-We shouldn't sign Odell Beckham in the beginning of the week and then by the end of the week we absolutely need him or we won't make the playoffs

-your car is not a franchise quarterback because he hasn't taken us to the playoffs

Like all of those takes will see what things are looking like tomorrow around this time. That's actually why I wasn't saying anything today because I know that if you're wrong you're just gonna switch like you always do lol 

Aren't most of the players succeeding in our defense former Bradley players that he brought in?

Yannick was only good because he had what?

Solomon Thomas has literally had one good game and been a rotational player all season. 

Lamar Jackson is having a great season and the Ravens are one of the best teams in the NFL. 

What excuse have I given for this week?

I did not want to trade for OBJ but clearly signing him as a free agent on a minimum deal vs taking on a huge multi year contract are completely different things, or does the salary cap not exist? 

Carr isn't a franchise QB at this moment in time. The 5-2 start is impressive but we were 6-3 last year and 6-4 the year before that. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You don't get to have it both ways. Signing Jackson isn't an indictment on Jones so much as it is acknowledging that Stoner and Ateman were literally promoted from the practice squad because we had 3 active guys. 

Signing Jackson is 100% an incitement that the staff does not believe the other WR's, ie, Jones/Ateman/Stoner can fill Henry Ruggs role. We lost John Brown and Willie Sneed yet didn't sign anyone, why? Because the staff believed in Ruggs/Edwards/Renfrow.

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Like all of those takes will see what things are looking like tomorrow around this time. That's actually why I wasn't saying anything today because I know that if you're wrong you're just gonna switch like you always do lol 

Exactly. Dude notoriously changes his stance week by week depending on what actually occurs. 

He also mistook "catch rate" for "snap count"...except that Zay Jones has never had 5 straight games with a 100% catch rate either. 

He literally has no f'n clue what he's talking about, he's just spitballing as usual.

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Exactly. Dude notoriously changes his stance week by week depending on what actually occurs. 

He also mistook "catch rate" for "snap count"...except that Zay Jones has never had 5 straight games with a 100% catch rate either. 

He literally has no f'n clue what he's talking about, he's just spitballing as usual.

Zay Jones has never produced, Nelson Agholor came in as a vet min free agent and was our #1 WR. Waller was someone we signed off the practice squad, Renfrow was a 5th round pick. I'd like to believe that our staff has a pretty good eye for who's doing well and we've seen those guys who have came out of nowhere produce in actual games like Waller, Renfrow, and Agholor. The biggest reason we drafted two WR in 2020 was because no one in 2019 stepped up, Zay literally produced nothing for us when he had a golden opportunity. And if we lose/the season goes poorly you will all be crying about how Carr didn't have enough talent around him.