Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

56 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Best in-house option we have for now. 

Not a robust history, but he was effective enough in 2018.

Damn I wish we'd have managed to keep Nelly though. The continuity of chemistry would have come in handy big time right now. 

I will say this though: The Nelly signing has not looked good in New England.

I'm curious to see how Zay Jones looks on Sunday. My issue with "sticking with the status quo" is It doesn't fix the lack of speed on offense problem. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I will say this though: The Nelly signing has not looked good in New England.

I'm curious to see how Zay Jones looks on Sunday. My issue with "sticking with the status quo" is It doesn't fix the lack of speed on offense problem. 

I didn't think it would. He's one of those "he has chemistry or he doesn't" types. 

That said, Zay is a 4.4 guy. It's not 4.29 or whatever, but that's rare as it comes. He should be able to stretch the field at least enough to keep the middle from getting clogged up. At least, we hope so.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Don't sleep on the Giants. Daniel Jones is hit or miss, but he has the potential to catch fire, and he can really run. Toney is looking special too, his injury is very key

I was just about to eat crow and give you props for hr3 cause I remember you mocked him to us 🤦🏽‍♂️.

agree about ny they gave kc a legit run for their money 

46 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I was just about to eat crow and give you props for hr3 cause I remember you mocked him to us 🤦🏽‍♂️.

agree about ny they gave kc a legit run for their money 

I dunno, I watched that game and both sides played sloppy. It wasn't a blow for blow game, is was a "who's going to make less mistakes at the end" game, and the cheifs did. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I didn't think it would. He's one of those "he has chemistry or he doesn't" types. 

That said, Zay is a 4.4 guy. It's not 4.29 or whatever, but that's rare as it comes. He should be able to stretch the field at least enough to keep the middle from getting clogged up. At least, we hope so.

That's gonna be the main guy that I'm gonna watch on Sunday

8 hours ago, NickButera said:

I dunno, I watched that game and both sides played sloppy. It wasn't a blow for blow game, is was a "who's going to make less mistakes at the end" game, and the cheifs did. 

Ny defense kept kc offense in check almost completely shut down kelsie so I can see them doing the same to our te. Ny offense is ugly but we gotta figure out life after ruggs so I can see us struggling and maybe have a similar sloppy game. Not to mention we started the infamous “November” off so well earlier this week plus early east coast game. I don’t see us blowing them out. 

Rooting for Zay Jones. Carr raves about this dude like crazy. He does indeed have 4.4 speed, the only receiver on our roster who does. Let’s see if Zay Jones can deliver that “next man up” mentality. Jones has never been a great route runner, but he just needs to fill Ruggs role, take the top off, make the defense respect the back-end. 

To Zay Jones, here’s your opportunity. Be great. Be special. Be all you can be. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Rooting for Zay Jones. Carr raves about this dude like crazy. He does indeed have 4.4 speed, the only receiver on our roster who does. Let’s see if Zay Jones can deliver that “next man up” mentality. Jones has never been a great route runner, but he just needs to fill Ruggs role, take the top off, make the defense respect the back-end. 

To Zay Jones, here’s your opportunity. Be great. Be special. Be all you can be. 

His opportunities have been a bit limited in his time here, but he seems to typically make the most of them. 

Obviously we're not going to kid ourselves and say he's a guy who's gonna be on pace to have been a 1000+ yd guy. We know his role is to fill a void for the time being. But he strikes me as the type that could consistently be in that 650-700 or so range if given more play time. Kind of like a budget man's Steve Breaston in Arizona back in 2009. 

He's 20/27 for 269 and 2 TDs on his limited snaps/looks for us so far. Not terrible at all, just not used with superior talent ahead of him. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1