21 & 22 salary cap situations at midway point

49erscap

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Given that a few of us know who you are and know you're not just spamming, it's cool. It's excellent info for the good of the board. 

I changed the title just so others wouldn't think it was spammy 

Thanks man, makes sense, appreciate it.

• Like 1

Really solid write up, welcome to the best place to talk 49ers on the internet! 

I don't think we are going to cut cannon. We don't have a viable kick returner without him.

Teams seem to kick the ball high and short to us a lot. When teams do it, they are basically saying they think their STs are better than yours. I don't think getting rid of our only KR is going to help us there. You can't always just take a knee. 

This off-season we will need to go find someone who can return punts bc we don't really have a viable punt returner either. Aiyuk has taken some huge hits there and his backup is Sanu. But my point is that in a perfect world we would need someone who can do both.

I also don't think Jeff Wilson Jr will be back this week. He hasn't practiced at all since last season basically. We aren't hurting at RB so bad to force him back early and I think we are reallllly starting to take guys injuries more seriously and not push them to come back early. Fingers crossed that's true bc it seems like damn near every injured player gets some kind of set back, but I'm feeling reallllly optimistic about recovery being player centric rather than simply rushing guys back bc we need bodies 

Looks like @Forgehas been beaten out as our resident capologist here lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Really solid write up, welcome to the best place to talk 49ers on the internet! 

I don't think we are going to cut cannon. We don't have a viable kick returner without him.

Teams seem to kick the ball high and short to us a lot. When teams do it, they are basically saying they think their STs are better than yours. I don't think getting rid of our only KR is going to help us there. You can't always just take a knee. 

This off-season we will need to go find someone who can return punts bc we don't really have a viable punt returner either. Aiyuk has taken some huge hits there and his backup is Sanu. But my point is that in a perfect world we would need someone who can do both.

I also don't think Jeff Wilson Jr will be back this week. He hasn't practiced at all since last season basically. We aren't hurting at RB so bad to force him back early and I think we are reallllly starting to take guys injuries more seriously and not push them to come back early. Fingers crossed that's true bc it seems like damn near every injured player gets some kind of set back, but I'm feeling reallllly optimistic about recovery being player centric rather than simply rushing guys back bc we need bodies 

Looks like @Forgehas been beaten out as our resident capologist here lol 

Thanks for the compliment, looking forward to talking 49ers football.

idk if Wilson is activated, if not, then Cannon remains for sure, but if he is, who gets cut? Who's inactive of the 5 backs, Sermon? 

Hopefully they don't rush Wilson back, same with Dre Greenlaw, but we'll see what they decide to do Saturday.

I hear ya about @Forge, he was one of the guys who recommended this site to me, I can't stand how bad other sites have gotten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 49erscap said:

Thanks for the compliment, looking forward to talking 49ers football.

idk if Wilson is activated, if not, then Cannon remains for sure, but if he is, who gets cut? Who's inactive of the 5 backs, Sermon

Hopefully they don't rush Wilson back, same with Dre Greenlaw, but we'll see what they decide to do Saturday.

I hear ya about @Forge, he was one of the guys who recommended this site to me, I can't stand how bad other sites have gotten.

This makes me sad, but is probably what will happen. 

If it was me our active RBs would be Mitchell, Sermon, & Wilson. Hasty to me should be the first guy to see the bench unless he can take over the KR duties for Cannon. It's quite unfortunate that coaching staff refuses to give Sermon any run. 

• Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 10:12 AM, GW21 said:

This makes me sad, but is probably what will happen. 

If it was me our active RBs would be Mitchell, Sermon, & Wilson. Hasty to me should be the first guy to see the bench unless he can take over the KR duties for Cannon. It's quite unfortunate that coaching staff refuses to give Sermon any run. 

Sermon is such a good hard runner, he deserves playing time. I would think Hasty could return Kicks, he was back there for 1 kickoff in the Bears game, I don't want Deebo or Aiyuk back returning Kicks or Punts. I know Deebo is a spark, but, I'm terrified of kick returns and punt returns.

On Aiyuk, I feel bad for him, that game against Indy, man, terrible, I was at the Packers home opener, was beautiful, I live in NY, so first time at Levi's or a 49ers or any NFL game, anyway, yeah Aiyuk should have let it go, if he thought he touched it or it touched him ok, but man, I felt for him, the ball was slippery, same for Jimmy and every player, Deebo, no one could hold onto it,  but we should have won that. Hoping we come out angry Sunday home, and beat the Cardinals, I think with Jimmy in there, we would have won that first game, I love Trey, but he wasn't ready. Just my 2 cents.