RT Mike McGlinchey Out For The Season With a Torn Quad

J-ALL-DAY

9 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Boone did it for us, I forget how tall he was

Boone was a special case. He was a legit, top half of the first round prospect who fell due to character concerns. He had a much better anchor than McStinky does 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

No. He's too tall and doesn't play with the proper anchor to play inside. Would be a disaster. I said earlier in the year I wanted Moore at RT and McGlinchy to play the third TE blocking role because dwelley was so bad. This was before woener established himself. 

If anyone but Moore gets a single first team rep at RT, we riot 

Negligence and incompetence. Complete and utter disaster

"Hey we've got this young tackle who played really well on the left, which is the best side of our OL, and we've been really bad on the right side .... But let's not get him any reps there????" 

MAKE IT MAKE SENSE 

As I said above, I (and others) were saying Moore should be playing on the right side, be it RG or RT, for a few weeks AND WE DIDNT EVEN GET HIM ANY REPS AT ALL. How is it the fans can see something so obvious but the team can't?? Feels like 2008/2009 all over again. 

I agree 100 percent but the only thing I will say is that Trent Williams has been dealing with injuries since preseason and through the entire season. Moore probably had no choice but to be stuck at LT during practice. Yeah they should have just tried to rotate him to RT but like you can at least see why a bit. 

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I agree 100 percent but the only thing I will say is that Trent Williams has been dealing with injuries since preseason and through the entire season. Moore probably had no choice but to be stuck at LT during practice. Yeah they should have just tried to rotate him to RT but like you can at least see why a bit. 

There has been plenty of opportunity to get him comfortable with his technique from the right. 

The scheme and blocking assignments themselves shouldn't change, it's about your footwork and technique that chance when flipping sides. Different foot to kick step, different hand placement etc. It can be hard for guys to switch techniques, we saw it with Sewell, but all the more reason he needed to be working on it considering he has cemented himself as the swing tackle since very early in camp 

Trent practicing or not practicing shouldn't have any bearing on this. He needed to be working on being the swing tackle for MONTHS now. Instead he's got a week to figure it out before a "must win" game against Von Miller. 

It's just inexcusable on so many levels