Raiders extend K Daniel Carlson (4 years, $18.4M, $10.2M gtd) & P AJ Cole (4 years, $12.4M, $5.9M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

55 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Special team units arent appreciated until you have issues. 
I was at a game once, where Jon Condo got hurt, and we didnt have a backup long snapper. 
I think we fumbled/ botched 3 punt attempts after that injury in that game alone lol. 

I am not saying special teams should be overlooked.  What I am saying is with so much uncertainty and possible transitions why are we making Cole and Carlson two of the highest paid players at their positions.  I would rather round out my roster and then see what I have left.  I am okay with Carlson.  Do not like it but I understand.  Cole is a good punter but the punter has less of an impact if you use the money to improve the offense.  Next year Carlson will be our 10th highest paid player and Cole 16th.  Cole will make more than Heyward is this year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cole is leading the NFL in average yards per punt at 51 and is 2nd in the league in punts downed inside the 20 based on %.

Average punt does not impress me.  If you have drives stall out on your side of the field of course you are going to have a high average and he is 7th in net average which is more important.  He has a big leg but most punters do.  He is actually 5 in inside the 20 and Dickson is 1st. A kicker that can hit 50 yard FGs is much more important than a punter that can average 50 yards.

Sorry I did not read by percentage on your post but he is still 6th in that category.

Tommy TownsendKC
Jake BaileyNE
Michael DicksonSEA
Bradley PinionTB
Logan CookeJAX
AJ ColeLV
Edited by drfrey13