Raiders extend K Daniel Carlson (4 years, $18.4M, $10.2M gtd) & P AJ Cole (4 years, $12.4M, $5.9M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Anyone else find it really strange that we seem to be really, really good at identifying STs talent and pretty awful everywhere else?

Good to lock them up, it's the type of positions you only really notice when they're bad and cost you games.

I am all for signing good players but why do we lock these guys up first.  We are going to have holes all over to fill this offseason.  Why not resign some of the other positions first.  It is great having a good kicker when offense can not produce TDs in the red-zone and a good punter when your offense stalls all the time.  Special teams are important but if you think about it they become more important when your defense and more specifically offense sucks.  Why not focus on improving the larger aspects of the team first.  You can always get an average punter and kicker in free agency for cheap.  Remember that if your punter has a huge average it means you drives are stalling quickly and if you kicker is scoring a lot of points you are not scoring a lot of TDs.

6 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am all for signing good players but why do we lock these guys up first.  We are going to have holes all over to fill this offseason.  Why not resign some of the other positions first.  It is great having a good kicker when offense can not produce TDs in the red-zone and a good punter when your offense stalls all the time.  Special teams are important but if you think about it they become more important when your defense and more specifically offense sucks.  Why not focus on improving the larger aspects of the team first.  You can always get an average punter and kicker in free agency for cheap.  Remember that if your punter has a huge average it means you drives are stalling quickly and if you kicker is scoring a lot of points you are not scoring a lot of TDs.

I guess it's because we don't know who is our HC and GM next year. 

I wouldn't want that we spend big money on a player that plays no big role in the plans of our future HC.