Would Harrison Smith have been worth a Top 5 pick?

Uncle Buck

Knowing what you know now, would you use a Top 5 pick to draft Harrison Smith?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing what you know now, would you use a Top 5 pick to draft Harrison Smith?

• Yes
    • No

Getting a guaranteed top 5 safety for a decade is easily worth a top 5 pick. Only way I'd consider anything else, is if there was a potential franchise QB on the board and I didn't have a long-term guy. OR maybe if there was a Myles Garret/Von Miller blue chip EDGE prospect at the top.

Question: Knowing what you know now, and assuming all things are equal (age), would you draft Harrison Smith or Quenton Nelson? And what's the highest pick you would use on them?

For me, this is easy. I take Nelson all day, every day. I'd also use the #1 overall pick on him in a lot of drafts (the 2018 Draft included). While Guard may not be a premium position (kind of like Safety), Nelson may be the best player in the league; regardless of position (Aaron Donald being the one that gives him a run for his money). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Question: Knowing what you know now, and assuming all things are equal (age), would you draft Harrison Smith or Quenton Nelson? And what's the highest pick you would use on them?

For me, this is easy. I take Nelson all day, every day. I'd also use the #1 overall pick on him in a lot of drafts (the 2018 Draft included). While Guard may not be a premium position (kind of like Safety), Nelson may be the best player in the league; regardless of position (Aaron Donald being the one that gives him a run for his money). 

I think that's easy myself.  It is clearly Quenton Nelson.  As much as I like Harry, Quenton is the better overall player.

• Like 1