Pick the Mock

Sugashane

Who Do You Want to See a Mock For?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want to See a Mock For?

• Josh McDaniels
    • Jim Harbaugh
    • Kellen Moore
    • Doug Pederson
    • Greg Roman
    • Todd Bowles
    • Byron Leftwich

None. You know it's bad when these are your options for HC lol.  Some good options at OC for sure..... but HC's? No thanks. 

McD laid another stinker tonight (passing on 4th and 1 THREE TIMES) and is yet another Belichick coat tail like so many others. I wouldn't mind him as an OC but I'm not sure he's the type to "take orders" and I also don't think he would ever take a secondary job in the first place.

Harbaugh has never won anything on his own and has never come close to developing a QB. Hell, he's making the same mistakes with Michigan right now.

Moore would be the best choice for OC but he's still too raw for HC with no experience. That said, I think he has the best upside of all listed and I would have no problem bringing him to be an OC. If the new HC doesn't work out in 4 years and Moore shows that he can develop Fields and the offense then I would be okay with promoting him to HC.

Pederson.....LMAO. Don't get me started. But, out of all of these choices, I honestly think he has the most realistic chance at getting the job (he checks off all boxes). Which is sad. And if it happens I will give up on this team completely and disown the McCaskey's even more than I already do. Bring him in as a OC...no problem. But HC? GTFO.

Roman lol. I'm sorry but it says alot when your own QB questions your play calling so much for being so predictable that he chooses to goes public with it.

Bowles is probably the best choice for HC. My only problem here is that I want an offensive minded coach. It's 2022. But I'm leaning alot more towards Bowles with the field being so thin this year.  My issues with him is that I think he's best fit at a coordinator than he is a HC, alike like the others on this list.

Leftwich is kind of mix of both Moore and Bowles. He's still too raw to be a HC yet but he has played under some experienced coaches in his tenure with Arians, Bowles, Del Rio, Lynn, Musgrave, ect and so he has potential. I just think it's too early for him. OC with a trail to be a future HC...fine. No problem.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I'm going to let you vote for the mock offseason I make. I already just made the rough coaching staffs for each potential HC so you can vote to decide who I do the deep dive on. May do a few over the next week or two when its too late to pack.

I may not like the choices Suga, but I appreciate the time and effort nonetheless.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I may not like the choices Suga, but I appreciate the time and effort nonetheless.

All have serious warts but pretty much all HCs can be picked apart too. These are just the ones I've heard thrown about the most. Honestly I'm just happy that I'm confident Nagy is out. lol  

If you have another option though I'll throw that name into the mix though.

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

All have serious warts but pretty much all HCs can be picked apart too. These are just the ones I've heard thrown about the most. Honestly I'm just happy that I'm confident Nagy is out. lol  

I hear ya about Nagy. I want him gone too and all options are better, no doubt. But dude...Fields is our best chance at ending this reign of terror at Qb and I really want us to get it right this time by putting him with a coaching staff who knows what they're doing and I just dont see that in any of these guys.

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I really don't. None that are realistic anyhow. My options are Day, Cambell, and Swinney and lets be honest....they aren't going anywhere. Not this year atleast. What I could see happening is that we hire a fraud this year, that ruins this team for the next 4 years, and all 3 of them get chances at other teams within this same time frame. Which means we miss out....AGAIN. Typical bears way....

Edited by JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I hear ya about Nagy. I want him gone too and all options are better, no doubt. But dude...Fields is our best chance at ending this reign of terror at Qb and I really want us to get it right this time by putting him with a coaching staff who knows what they're doing and I just dont see that in any of these guys.

I really don't. None that are realistic anyhow. My options are Day, Cambell, and Swinney and lets be honest....they are going anywhere. Not this year atleast. What I could see happening is that we hire a fraud this year, that ruins this team for the next 4 years, and all 3 of them get chances at other teams within this same time frame. Which means we miss out....AGAIN. Typical bears way....

I hear you. I've basically come to the hope of getting a HC that is a glorified OC and a DC that has a lot of experience, much like how Nagy's tenure was SUPPOSED to be. Maybe an experienced OC that can take care of a lot of the offense while the HC gets more involved with the QB than usual. That or you need to hope the OC doesn't get poached before Fields is ready. Really may just need to overpay for a QB coach to be an OC even with the new HC too.

I was really digging Arthur Smith last year but he's got Ryan aging like milk (from what I've seen), Pitts is a stud but Ridley has been out most of the season. Just a lack of talent. Not listed but I'd even take a swing at Hackett since we could at least poach from GB. They have at least been able to build an OL and develop/surround their QBs with talent.

Throwing a ton of names is easy to do, the challenging part is playing Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon to find a staff that has connections to one another. That's the pain in the *** of the whole thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

None. You know it's bad when these are your options for HC lol.  Some good options at OC for sure..... but HC's? No thanks. 

McD laid another stinker tonight (passing on 4th and 1 THREE TIMES) and is yet another Belichick coat tail like so many others. I wouldn't mind him as an OC but I'm not sure he's the type to "take orders" and I also don't think he would ever take a secondary job in the first place.

Harbaugh has never won anything on his own and has never come close to developing a QB. Hell, he's making the same mistakes with Michigan right now.

Moore would be the best choice for OC but he's still too raw for HC with no experience. That said, I think he has the best upside of all listed and I would have no problem bringing him to be an OC. If the new HC doesn't work out in 4 years and Moore shows that he can develop Fields and the offense then I would be okay with promoting him to HC.

Pederson.....LMAO. Don't get me started. But, out of all of these choices, I honestly think he has the most realistic chance at getting the job (he checks off all boxes). Which is sad. And if it happens I will give up on this team completely and disown the McCaskey's even more than I already do. Bring him in as a OC...no problem. But HC? GTFO.

Roman lol. I'm sorry but it says alot when your own QB questions your play calling so much for being so predictable that he chooses to goes public with it.

Bowles is probably the best choice for HC. My only problem here is that I want an offensive minded coach. It's 2022. But I'm leaning alot more towards Bowles with the field being so thin this year.  My issues with him is that I think he's best fit at a coordinator than he is a HC, alike like the others on this list.

Leftwich is kind of mix of both Moore and Bowles. He's still too raw to be a HC yet but he has played under some experienced coaches in his tenure with Arians, Bowles, Del Rio, Lynn, Musgrave, ect and so he has potential. I just think it's too early for him. OC with a trail to be a future HC...fine. No problem.

Just confused how you have Bowles rated higher than Pederson..based on what exactly ?

Based on both's previous stints as head coaches we know one reached the pinnacle of success and the other (Bowles) was brutal and couldn't hire an OC worth a damn. Gives me Lovie vibes to be honest.

And how is Pederson better as an OC than a HC? IMO he's the opposite as Philly had their most success as a team when Reich was the OC and Flip was the QB coach. After both left that's when we saw the offense sputter a bit, and a lot of that also had to due with injuries, so if you can criticize something about Pederson it's that he's not a good OC.

Amazing that we're talking about a SB winning coach who outcoached the best of all time in Belichick being a bad candidate for Bears HC.

Bears fans continue  to amaze and confuse the heck out of me sometimes 🤯

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Just confused how you have Bowles rated higher than Pederson..based on what exactly ?

Based on both's previous stints as head coaches we know one reached the pinnacle of success and the other (Bowles) was brutal and couldn't hire an OC worth a damn. Gives me Lovie vibes to be honest.

And how is Pederson better as an OC than a HC? IMO he's the opposite as Philly had their most success as a team when Reich was the OC and Flip was the QB coach. After both left that's when we saw the offense sputter a bit, and a lot of that also had to due with injuries, so if you can criticize something about Pederson it's that he's not a good OC.

Amazing that we're talking about a SB winning coach who outcoached the best of all time in Belichick being a bad candidate for Bears HC.

Bears fans continue  to amaze and confuse the heck out of me sometimes 🤯

I think part of it - at least for me - was how quickly things unraveled in PHI. It seemed like the team flipped on him fast, much like how we have had with our last 3 coaches. Fans in PHI are brutal but so are CHI's fans so idc about that. If Gruden came here and won most people would go silent on him and he he seems like a pretty easily verifiable POS. Lol

He just has a weird HC history. Had a remarkable run out of nowhere to win with Foles against the GOAT but them never won a playoff game except where our trash kicker double doinked. Plus the one season he called the plays was his last. Im not sure he made the offense better or worse with his playcalling. 

Every coach can be picked at but its just something worth noting. 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I remember the same argument being used to prop up Foles too when the Bears signed him and look how that turned out.  They both simply caught lightning in a bottle.

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I remember the same argument being used to prop up Foles too when the Bears signed him and look how that turned out.  They both simply caught lightning in a bottle.

Call the SB run lightning in a bottle if you want but you can't deny Eagles had a good team from 2017-2019. They had winning records and made playoffs in all 3 seasons.

And I agree on Foles. He has showed us who he is throughout his entire body of work in his career. He's an average at best QB and most suited as a backup. Anyone who thought differently at the time Bears traded for him was delusional.

Pederson had him playing at his absolute best when it mattered most and that shouldn't be discounted

Edited by topwop1

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Call the SB run lightning in a bottle if you want but you can't deny Eagles had a good team from 2017-2019. They had winning records and made playoffs in all 3 seasons.

I don't think they were anything but average. They were 9-7 twice and needed help to get into the playoffs in 2018 and never controlled their own destiny. The only reason they got into the playoffs was, ironically, because we beat the Vikings in week 17 and the Eagles playoff ticket hinged on that game. And in 2019 they had one of the easiest schedules in the league while playing in a weak division.

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I don't think they were anything but average. They were 9-7 twice and needed help to get into the playoffs in 2018 and never controlled their own destiny. The only reason they got into the playoffs was, ironically, because we beat the Vikings in week 17 and the Eagles playoff ticket hinged on that game. And in 2019 they had one of the easiest schedules in the league while playing in a weak division.

Ok sure ... they still had a winning record in each season so I don't know how that can be viewed as a negative. You can only play who's on your schedule.

And what do you have to say about their 13-3 record in the 2017 SB season...I guess their record in the regular season was a fluke also?

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Ok sure ... they still had a winning record in each season so I don't know how that can be viewed as a negative. You can only play who's on your schedule.

And what do you have to say about their 13-3 record in the 2017 SB season...I guess their record in the regular season was a fluke also?

They had a loaded team, an easy schedule, and got lucky that Foles caught lightning in a bottle during the playoffs.  It's clear that was pure luck and not their ceiling, otherwise Pederson wouldn't be out of a job and Foles wouldn't be relegated to 3rd string QB.

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

They had a loaded team, an easy schedule, and got lucky that Foles caught lightning in a bottle during the playoffs.  It's clear that was pure luck and not their ceiling, otherwise Pederson wouldn't be out of a job and Foles wouldn't be relegated to 3rd string QB.

I don't think you can say it's pure luck to win 13 games in the reg season and then go on to win 3 straight in the playoffs and the final against the goats in Brady & Belichick. Takes a lot more than luck to do that my friend but that's your opinion.

It's hard to win as it is in the NFL. Just look at today for example. Arizona losing to Detroit as bad as they did? That's why we shouldn't discount any win or opponent.

Anyway I guess we'll have to agree to disagree