BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, Scoundrel said:

And game plan? He game planned for a different team and different players. Non submitted game plans are auto losses for me when voting and I know SirA expects this. Unfortunately they happen. 

No gameplan. You just get the lineup and know only the base formation.

• Like 1

Just now, LAOJoe said:

No gameplan. You just get the lineup and know only the base formation.

Do you think a team will win that way? I don’t think this is any different than an auto loss unless the other team doesn’t have an eligible QB in or other important position? 

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Do you think a team will win that way? I don’t think this is any different than an auto loss unless the other team doesn’t have an eligible QB in or other important position? 

It leaves the door open if we think the other teams gameplan is just trash or there are injuries or something. Odds are it's a loss but one out of like 20 times it may be enough to win.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

It leaves the door open if we think the other teams gameplan is just trash or there are injuries or something. Odds are it's a loss but one out of like 20 times it may be enough to win.

Hmm I guess I could possibly get behind this. But my vote wouldn’t be an auto loss only if the other team didn’t have a healthy QB or write a game plan themselves or something. I don’t know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

@SirA1 I volunteer to write a gameplan for you in the future as long as we don’t play each other obviously if you know enough beforehand you won’t get a chance to write one. I promise I will give it my best also. 

This goes for anyone. As long as I have the time I will let you know for sure or not if I don’t.

There were weeks when I wasn't able to get mine in on time(when I lived in Alaska and had 9 am kickoff) but still submitted a gameplan.  I wouldn't look at the game thread or RL games beforehand, but still got dinged for it, and justifiably so.

• Like 1

Just now, LAOJoe said:

See again I don't want SirA to think this has anything to do with him it does not,  But at the same time I also and this is only my opinion don't necessarily agree with keeping the door open for anything one team Took the time to write a game plan and submit A-line up the other team submitted nothing. Now in this case Singapore might have a legitimate reason and that is OK life happens to all of us, But the reality is the team that made a submission should automatically win

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Olave just got concussed bad.

There has been a lot of concussions lately.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

@SirA1 I volunteer to write a gameplan for you in the future as long as we don’t play each other obviously if you know enough beforehand you won’t get a chance to write one. I promise I will give it my best also. 

I echo this for anyone if any of you ever need help and I have the time to do so I will gladly do my best to write something for you  So at least your team has a fighting chance

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

There were weeks when I wasn't able to get mine in on time(when I lived in Alaska and had 9 am kickoff) but still submitted a gameplan.  I wouldn't look at the game thread or RL games beforehand, but still got dinged for it, and justifiably so.

You were definitely cheating 

• Like 1

Just now, wwhickok said:

I echo this for anyone if any of you ever need help and I have the time to do so I will gladly do my best to write something for you  So at least your team has a fighting chance

Now that Wes volunteered I rescind my offer. He can be the emergency person and this will give me more time with my family haha

• Like 1