BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

An elite off LB never gets the contract an elite edge rusher gets, or QB, and even WR.

So positional value based, it’s not ever going to happen that Warner will make that type of money. Nobody really builds their defense around the off ball LBs in this age of football.

But I’ve seen Warner do things on tape that get no recognition because there’s no grade for it. But every time I’ve watched him I come away with quite an appreciation for what he’s capable of doing. So again he’s the best off ball LB in the game, and one of the ten best players regardless of positional value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I disagree with you completely. 

He is a very good player, but one of the 10 best ILBs in the NFL, no we are not talking about Ray Lewis here.

In today’s NFL? We kind of are. He’s that good in my books.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Suggesting that there isn't more than 9 players better than Fred Warner overall, I have a feeling you think he is a top 5 player, I mean, to me, it lacks reality.

If we’re using PFF grades or something sure? 

You are not taking into account what I did for a job this year (watch NFL games). I’ve got a perspective you don’t have. He’s not on my team, I don’t plan on trading for him (we’ve got Eric Kendricks - a great player IMO), but every time I watched him I literally said to myself this guy is a dominant player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

If we’re using PFF grades or something sure? 

You are not taking into account what I did for a job this year (watch NFL games). I’ve got a perspective you don’t have. He’s not on my team, I don’t plan on trading for him (we’ve got Eric Kendricks - a great player IMO), but every time I watched him I literally said to myself this guy is a dominant player.

I dont care what you did this year for a job. I disagree with your statement. I didn't say he isn't a dominant player.

I'm saying I don't think he is one of the 10 best overall players in the NFL.

Just now, wwhickok said:

I dont care what you did this year for a job. I disagree with your statement. I didn't say he isn't a dominant player.

I'm saying I don't think he is one of the 10 best overall players in the NFL.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. I didn’t say you were wrong.

But I will stick to my eye test. And you aren’t changing my thoughts on here at all.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not trying to change your mind. 

Anyway I did get access to camera angles and details you guys didn’t get so I can be more biased considering the resources given to me during the season.

I wouldn't make that assessment without the extra things I saw this season.

Edited by MD4L