Austin Jackson OG
Ben Bartch OG
K’Lavon Chaisson Edge
Malik Reed Edge
Leki Fotu INT
Kenneth Murray Jr LB
Amik Robertson CB

Accepting 2023 picks and will accept 2024 when the draft starts 

I have a question I don't know the answer to.

If I have a player on my roster right now who technically would be in the UFA next season but their 5th year option has been picked up already  can I exercise that 5th year option and add the year to the contract now or do I have to wait until the end of the season?

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I have a question I don't know the answer to.

If I have a player on my roster right now who technically would be in the UFA next season but their 5th year option has been picked up already  can I exercise that 5th year option and add the year to the contract now or do I have to wait until the end of the season?

Now the language isn’t clear as to which offseason so I’m sure @Blue can break this down for us. Traditionally it’s always been done the offseason their regular rookie contract has expired.

• 5th Year Options (Start of Off-Season until beginning of BDL FA)

• If a real life NFL 1st round player is tendered their 5th year option a team can match it at 75% without using one of their 3 Ups for the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Now the language isn’t clear as to which offseason so I’m sure @Blue can break this down for us. Traditionally it’s always been done the offseason their regular rookie contract has expired.

• If a real life NFL 1st round player is tendered their 5th year option a team can match it at 75% without using one of their 3 Ups for the year.

IIRC their current contract has to be up and they can't have signed a new deal IRL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You'll have to let me know what Blue says. I can no longer see his posts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I'm fairly certain it's an end of contract thing. It's just another way of resigning.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

IIRC their current contract has to be up and they can't have signed a new deal IRL.

Oh it is. But the language is vague so I tagged Blue to go in on it but he didn’t