BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

On the plus side, maybe they overpay for someone like Hollywood Brown next season?

Keep him away from there.

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

That was obviously the worst one but I think they overpaid for a bunch of mid players. Kirk, Jones, Engram. Oluokun is an ok player but I think they overpaid for him too. Scherff is very good but has injury issues. Fatukasi was fine though. Just think they spent a massive amount of money to only barely upgrade the roster.

No thanks, I'd prefer they target good receivers

Shots fired at Berlin

He was good enough to start on a BizzBowl championship team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Keep him away from there.

He was good enough to start on a BizzBowl championship team.

Perhaps but what is his reputation exactly within the league? He is Baltimores #1 WR, but is he really a guy viewed that way in BDL? Idk the answer to that, I'm asking.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Perhaps but what is his reputation exactly within the league? He is Baltimores #1 WR, but is he really a guy viewed that way in BDL? Idk the answer to that, I'm asking.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowMa04.htm

Well, he has technically improved each season, and I could see some team overpaying for him thinking that he's a definite #1, when actually he's more of an ideal #2/deep threat type with value in the slot or outside the numbers but limited in the Red Zone.

I think he's got a real poor man's Brandin Cooks vibe to his game and career arc. 

Totals

Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G Att Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Marquise Brown 2019 2021 25 46 2 6 0 3.0 5 195 2361 21 12.1 83
2 Brandin Cooks 2014 2021 73 119 48 302 2 6.3 28 573 7917 46 13.8 98

Per Game

Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD
1 Marquise Brown 2019 2021 0.0 0.1 0.0 4.2 51.3 0.5
2 Brandin Cooks 2014 2021 0.4 2.5 0.0 4.8 66.5 0.4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Hes tougher for people to decide at times cause he is very good.  He put up over 1000 yards on 91 catches and 6 TDs with God awful QB play last year and a moronic offensive scheme(they only used him on underneath routes the 2nd half of last year).  

Some people here look at him and say, "He's a solid player." And others look as say, "holy crap, look at how well he's doing in that terrible situation."

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Some people here look at him and say, "He's a solid player." And others look as say, "holy crap, look at how well he's doing in that terrible situation."

Still others say "Some ask and say why? I ask and say, why not?"

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowMa04.htm

Well, he has technically improved each season, and I could see some team overpaying for him thinking that he's a definite #1, when actually he's more of an ideal #2/deep threat type with value in the slot or outside the numbers but limited in the Red Zone.

I think he's got a real poor man's Brandin Cooks vibe to his game and career arc. 

Totals

Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To AV G Att Yds TD Y/A Lng Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng
1 Marquise Brown 2019 2021 25 46 2 6 0 3.0 5 195 2361 21 12.1 83
2 Brandin Cooks 2014 2021 73 119 48 302 2 6.3 28 573 7917 46 13.8 98

Per Game

Rushing Receiving
Rk Player From To Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD
1 Marquise Brown 2019 2021 0.0 0.1 0.0 4.2 51.3 0.5
2 Brandin Cooks 2014 2021 0.4 2.5 0.0 4.8 66.5 0.4

I do think hes much better in the red zone than you give him credit for.

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

The immortal truth of Berlin players: the more Rags talks a player up in response to criticism, the more brutally he's going to turn on him as soon as he's no longer on his team.

I talked up Byron Murphy a lot, traded him, and haven't turned on him.

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

He was criticized last season.  I dont remember who all did it.

Eh, most I remember is saying he wasn't a true No. 1 corner (which he's not) but also I definitely checked out of the game threads a lot last season.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Eh, most I remember is saying he wasn't a true No. 1 corner (which he's not) but also I definitely checked out of the game threads a lot last season.

I agree with that.  Very good #2 or nickel.  Limited athletically but great instincts, quickness, and toughness.

Never said he was anything else.

56 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I do think hes much better in the red zone than you give him credit for.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/redzone-receiving.htm

I didn't say he's not good in the Red Zone, I said he's limited. He's not a jump ball guy, he's small, and he's not targeted often.

https://stathead.com/football/play_finder.cgi?request=1&super_bowl=0&match=summary_all&year_min=2020&year_max=2020&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&quarter=1&quarter=2&quarter=3&quarter=4&quarter=5&tr_gtlt=lt&minutes=15&seconds=00&down=0&down=1&down=2&down=3&down=4&yg_gtlt=gt&is_first_down=-1&field_pos_min_field=opp&field_pos_max_field=opp&end_field_pos_min_field=team&end_field_pos_max_field=team&field_pos_min=1&field_pos_max=20&type=PASS&is_complete=-1&is_turnover=-1&turnover_type=interception&turnover_type=fumble&is_scoring=-1&score_type=touchdown&score_type=field_goal&score_type=safety&is_sack=-1&include_kneels=-1&no_play=N&order_by=yards&more_options=0&rush_direction=LE&rush_direction=LT&rush_direction=LG&rush_direction=M&rush_direction=RG&rush_direction=RT&rush_direction=RE&pass_location=SL&pass_location=SM&pass_location=SR&pass_location=DL&pass_location=DM&pass_location=DR&player_id=BrowMa04&player_role=pass_target&from_link=1&scrlybrkr=9ace3e5f

However, he basically owned the Bengals and is "meh" against anyone and everyone else.

Play Results          
Tm G Plays ToGo Yds 1st% TO% TD FG 1stD Int Fmb Sk Pass
CIN 2 4 5.0 7.8 100.0% 0.0% 3 0 4 0 0 0 4
DAL 1 2 8.5 10.0 50.0% 0.0% 1 0 1 0 0 0 2
NWE 1 1 9.0 0.0 0.0% 0.0% 0 0   0 0 0 1
NYG 1 2 5.5 5.0 50.0% 0.0% 1 0 1 0 0 0 2
PIT 1 2 3.0 1.5 50.0% 0.0% 1 0 1 0 0 0