Texans vs Titans GDT

Pastor Dillon

3 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

Glad to hear it. Between a full offseason, getting all the starting reps moving forward, and much more talent on the offense, I feel at least decently confident going into the offseason with him as our starter. He's earned the right to be our starter week 1. 

I agree - save for a regime change or a change of heart from Deshaun Watson, Mills is the guy.

This game went the best it possibly could have. We lost, which is most important. We made a big comeback, which builds confidence in our young QB. Mills solidified his handle on the starting job for next year. 

we should have a better team next year around mills. Maybe next year will finally be the year our offensive line is really good. We have the guys they just can’t all play together. 

• Like 1

Proud of these guys man. Everyone kept their heads up and played hard until the end. Is it just  me, or did everyone expect this to be a close game  despite the fact that we're supposedly so terrible and the Titans are apparently the best the AFC has to offer? It feels like if we played next week, no matter the opponent, we'd give them everything they could handle. I just don't think this  team is that far away, and I expect a massive influx of young talent. We've got a top 3 pick, and we're also likely to add at least 3 first round picks in the Watson trade, and possibly another 1rst rounder if we trade Tunsil. Caserio clearly knows which types of players/personalities can flourish in our program. I expect the team to improve by leaps and bounds, I feel like winning the division next year is well within the realm of possibility. If Mills, and Collins, Jordan, Wallow (I honestly think Wallow has the potential to be a great MLB), if those guys do what they've got to do this offseason, show the next rookie class how we do, I just think the energy's great right now. Very excited about this offseason.

The important thing is that the colts miss the playoffs and don’t have a first round pick and I can laugh about it while driving home 

but really, I love Rex Burkhead and Amendola? Nico looked great too. My entire row left at halftime and I’m glad we stuck around to watch the second half. Pretty fun game 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

We've got a top 3 pick, and we're also likely to add at least 3 first round picks in the Watson trade, and possibly another 1rst rounder if we trade Tunsil.

I think you're aiming way too high on the returns for Watson and Tunsil...

- Watson still has the legal issues to resolve, that's going to bring his value down pretty hard. If the Texans could get similar value to what Detroit got for Matt Stafford (2x FRPs, a 3rd and a starter quality player) I'd be satisfied. I'd honestly say Watson probably gets a 2nd instead of a 3rd, and maybe another 2nd instead of a Jared Goff-type QB.

- Laremy Tunsil is not getting a FRP, not with that $22mm cap hit, injury concern and lack of effort in run blocking. Trent Williams is a far superior player at LT, and he went to SF for a 2020 5th round pick and a 2021 3rd round pick. Williams is older, so that brings his value down, but is a seven time All Pro playing at a high level (much higher than Tunsil) for a lot less money. Just because BoB massively overpaid for Tunsil and gave him a stupid contract doesn't mean any other GM is going to feel the need to overpay the Texans to take him. If the Texans can get a 4th this year and a 4th next year, it's a win; It frees up a ton of cap to sign guys we need to sign (KG Hill, Malik Collins, Desmond King).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I think you're aiming way too high on the returns for Watson and Tunsil...

- Watson still has the legal issues to resolve, that's going to bring his value down pretty hard. If the Texans could get similar value to what Detroit got for Matt Stafford (2x FRPs, a 3rd and a starter quality player) I'd be satisfied. I'd honestly say Watson probably gets a 2nd instead of a 3rd, and maybe another 2nd instead of a Jared Goff-type QB.

- Laremy Tunsil is not getting a FRP, not with that $22mm cap hit, injury concern and lack of effort in run blocking. Trent Williams is a far superior player at LT, and he went to SF for a 2020 5th round pick and a 2021 3rd round pick. Williams is older, so that brings his value down, but is a seven time All Pro playing at a high level (much higher than Tunsil) for a lot less money. Just because BoB massively overpaid for Tunsil and gave him a stupid contract doesn't mean any other GM is going to feel the need to overpay the Texans to take him. If the Texans can get a 4th this year and a 4th next year, it's a win; It frees up a ton of cap to sign guys we need to sign (KG Hill, Malik Collins, Desmond King).

Valid points on Watson... I think Tunsil could get traded to Cincy and it would be Tunsil + 4th for Cincy's 1st and conditional 2023 3rd (becomes a 2nd if he makes Pro Bowl, Cincy in AFCCG, etc.)

21 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Valid points on Watson... I think Tunsil could get traded to Cincy and it would be Tunsil + 4th for Cincy's 1st and conditional 2023 3rd (becomes a 2nd if he makes Pro Bowl, Cincy in AFCCG, etc.)

I would love getting a first for Tunsil, but I don't see it with that contract and his documented struggles at run blocking; When KC gave up their 1at for LT Orlando Brown, he was on a rookie deal - so the cost to bring him in wasn't tied to an albatross of a contract, he came in with a cap hit less than $1mm.

Baltimore had to kick over pick 58 (2nd rd) in the deal as well, so it was a pick swap from 58 to 31 (Baltimore also got pick 94 out of the exchange, along with two later picks this upcoming draft). Brown wasn't playing for Baltimore as a RT anymore and KC had a dire need for LT following the disaster SB where Mahomes was running for his life  - despite that, this was the best Baltimore could get for an All Pro LT.

This MIGHT be the best possible offer to model against (Brown is very comparable to Tunsil regarding age and ability) and even this had Baltimore jump up 27 spots in essence. I'm just looking at the tea leaves here - unless a GM goes BoB, the "smart" GMs aren't really paying through the nose for a T.

I would love to be wrong...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

If the Texans could get similar value to what Detroit got for Matt Stafford (2x FRPs, a 3rd and a starter quality player) I'd be satisfied. I'd honestly say Watson probably gets a 2nd instead of a 3rd, and maybe another 2nd instead of a Jared Goff-type QB.

Yea, two 1s and two 2s. That works for me too. And perhaps we won't get a first round pick for Tunsil, but I imagine we could probably at least get a second. Teams running young QBs who need to build confidence can't afford to have a subpar left tackle, and there are many teams like that. All it takes is two teams that are interested to run up the price on one another, and I think it's reasonable to say that two teams could end up fighting to land Tunsil. Whatever we get, it's going to be a bunch of good stuff for the rebuild, and Caserio has shown he can put those draft picks to good use. 

• Like 1