Need Screen Casting Help.

AkronsWitness

Do t know where else to post this but I know a lot of people on here are tech savvy to maybe help fix this issue.

So I bought a Golf Simulator game. It works with the app on your phone from the Google Play Store and I need to connect my phone to my TV so I can use the simulator on a much larger screen in my living room.

Here. Is where the problem come in. I have no idea how to get my phone display onto my TV. I have a brand new Google Pixel 6 Pro and a 3 year old top of the line LG UHD 60" TV in my living room.

I have tried casting from my phone to the TV but I can't for the life of me seem to get my phone to recognize my TV as a option--it only picks up my Soundbar for some reason. Not my LG TV, not my Roku, nothing. So casting is not a option apparently...

Next, I tried plugging my phone directly into my TV thinking it would screen mirror from there using a Type C to HDMI adapter I have from my Nintendo Switch. Still nothing. My TV  recognizes that something was plugged into the HDMI port but when I go to HDMI1, it's just a black screen with a 'no signal's logo.

Why the hell is it so hard to display what it on my phone screen on my TV...... somebody please help me lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

So you can't get casting to work with anything?

Some apps will block it

No it's crazy, I go to o casting on my phone and nothing shows. I did a little research and found out the pixel phone only casts to Chromecast so that's why it won't find my LG TV.

Also after more research, it doesn't support HDMI video output--so that's why I need some super special stupid dock to connect it to for the wired connection to the TV....

I can't believe it's 2022 and getting my phone screen to show up on my TV is this difficult 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

No it's crazy, I go to o casting on my phone and nothing shows. I did a little research and found out the pixel phone only casts to Chromecast so that's why it won't find my LG TV.

Also after more research, it doesn't support HDMI video output--so that's why I need some super special stupid dock to connect it to for the wired connection to the TV....

I can't believe it's 2022 and getting my phone screen to show up on my TV is this difficult 

That’s so weird that they would close that system