Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

The longer this goes on, the more I’m worried to see Tyreek’s new deal. I’m thinking it’ll be great for this season but absolutely be detrimental in years 2-4, assuming it’s a 4-5 year deal. 

That's always thew ay it works. `I am just hoping Gordon can up his game because it looks like he will be the WR2. 

J

22 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Guess we'll have a new backup C next year. I think Allegretti can handle being the first man up at C and OG. Just need a backup OT and more depth.

Right. We don't need another C. We do need a swing OT. Allegretti should be able to cover all three IOL spots. We also have Darryl Williams on a developmental contract.

This is a decent article on CBs in the Veach methodology. We have spent very little, yet have gotten decent results. We have developed players well but some credit goes to superior safety play. With Thornhill and Reid, we look to continue that part of the program after a bit of a retune. 
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/in_losing_charvarius_ward_the_chiefs_are_doubling_down_on_their_cb_system/s1_16631_37309192

Edited by onejayhawk

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The longer this goes on, the more I’m worried to see Tyreek’s new deal. I’m thinking it’ll be great for this season but absolutely be detrimental in years 2-4, assuming it’s a 4-5 year deal. 

Rap said likely only a 3 year deal, which is surprising…unless he wants to hit the Market 1 more time before speed goes away.

3 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

It’s a really good move.  One that I’m very happy about and does nothing but create draft flexibility.

It just doesn’t make us any better.

I don't hate it. Just uninspiring while every other contender is making clear upgrades.

We have our top 7 OL right now, but we still should look at drafting depth for the future. It just isn't an early round pick imo unless someone unexpectedly falls.

6 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Is Julio worth it? You know you won’t get a full season.  Landon Collins note that he was cut becomes more interesting on a team friendly deal if he wants to win and understand his role…LB

I’d say no to both personally. The only free agency moves I’d wager us doing pre-draft is a one year WR deal and maybe bringing back Ingram cheap. Most of our moves will be post draft to get young, cheap talent. 

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’d say no to both personally. The only free agency moves I’d wager us doing pre-draft is a one year WR deal and maybe bringing back Ingram cheap. Most of our moves will be post draft to get young, cheap talent. 

Then we aren’t keeping pace.  We have not currently improved our team while each division rival has done so.  Our biggest competition in the AFC overall has also done so.

i get how the salary cap works, and I know it’sa balance.  But putting all our eggs in the draft basket, and hoping for overplaying cheapys will eventually not pan out.

Wylie actually turned in a solid season last year haha.   I never thought I’d mutter those words.   

I’m good with staying put.  Maybe sign a WR or Edge that got cut, but I don’t want to pay the market prices right now 

16 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Then we aren’t keeping pace.  We have not currently improved our team while each division rival has done so.  Our biggest competition in the AFC overall has also done so.

i get how the salary cap works, and I know it’sa balance.  But putting all our eggs in the draft basket, and hoping for overplaying cheapys will eventually not pan out.

Who are we trying to keep pace with?  Even with the loss last year, we’re the gold standard of the AFC and who teams are building to beat. 

We shouldn’t be operating on the basis that if one team makes a move, we need to counter.  The baseline of our offense and defense are already set, we don’t need or can we fit Top paid players.   

I do think we still add a veteran WR and Edge before the draft though.  Just maybe not to the caliber everyone wants. 

• Like 2