Mock draft from Maine

jetfuel34

Here is my first Mock and then I will do one that is closer to the draft.

I have no trades and FA I think we hit big on an EDGE guy. I think The jets land the best Edge guy in FA. They also resign LDT and sign Fant to a long term deal. Becton moves over to the RT spot.

Round 1

Pick 4. DEREK STINGLEY JR. CB 

The more I think about it the two big edge guys will be gone. I love Stingley. I personal think he is the best CB to come out since Revis. He can play anything from Man to Man to zone. He has the size, speed and tackle ability to do it all. He is going to be a shut down corner. You don't pass this up. He is the next Revis. 

Pick 10. Tyler Linderbaum C

I think he is there and most mocks have us passing on him here. I think we do grab him and put him in McGovern spot. I would then have McGovern and LDT fight for the RG spot. LDT may not even play next year so I do think we need this guy to be the center for the next 10 plus years. I also have Moses walking and going to a contender. The starting OL would look like this LT - Fant  LG - AVT   C - Linderbaum.   RG - McGovern/LDT.   RT - Becton.

Round 2

Pick 35.   Nakobe Dean LB

I think he slides out of the first round. He is pretty small but flies all over the field. He can come in and start at LB for a Jets team that needs all the LB they can get.

Pick 38.    Jordan Battle  S

He had a down game in the championship game and fell off towards the end of the season. He will come in and start right off the bat for Maye as he leaves to get a better 1 year prove it deal with a contender. Battle and Davis will be the starting safeties. 

Round 3

Pick 69   Breece Hall RB

RB seem to fall a lot and you can pick great RB in 3-5 rounds. I think he lands right in this area. He will be the power back that we needed and MC might not be able to handle all 17 games so we need a counter to help out. This is the perfect fit.

Round 4

Pick 108 Justyn Ross WR

He would be perfect for the big body guy that can fly down the field with great hands. He does seem to get injured more than I like but the talent is too go to pass up. He can be the outside guy with Davis and have Moore and Berrios running the slot. 

Pick 114 Kellen Diesch T

I think this is the part of the draft you start to fill the roster with young guys to groom and take over. I think Kellen and play both RT and LT. He has the size at 6' 7" and just over 300 pounds. You can add maybe another 10 pounds to his frame. He can work behind the other 2 tackles. Then in the next few years take over for Becton or Fant. Fant play might fall off in a few years and Becton may see more time in the training room than the field. 

Round 5

Picks 144 and 159

I would love to see the Jets draft a big body 350 plus guy to clog the middle. The other pick should be a TE, CB or LB.

OVERALL

This draft in my eyes would fix a lot of things. I think when the Jets hit the best Edge in FA and then have Carl Lawson back that would put the pressure on pretty good. This is why the Stingley and Battle picks would be huge to sure up the backend of the D. In the end all these draft picks come down to Zach Wilson. As you guys all know I have been very hard on this kid. I did see some improvements but he still holds the ball way to long and is VERY slow on his reads. I hope the coaches work on this and he comes out firing the ball a lot faster. If the Jets have another 4 or 5 wins next year that seat should be really hot for Saleh and JD. This team must win 7-8 games next year. 

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Round 5

Picks 144 and 159

I would love to see the Jets draft a big body 350 plus guy to clog the middle. The other pick should be a TE, CB or LB.

Unacceptable.  Why don't you stick to plowing snow!😇

Anyway.  Not sure if it was Ross or Pickens that punched teammate.  Let's hope it is a latter

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Unacceptable.  Why don't you stick to plowing snow!😇

Anyway.  Not sure if it was Ross or Pickens that punched teammate.  Let's hope it is a latter

Not much snow this year just -6 without wind chill yesterday and a nice hot 1 today lol.

Didn't realize there was a fellow New Englander in our club. I'm over in NH. 

As for the mock, not in love with Stingley at 4. More of a position issue than anything. I feel like CBs bust so much that it's not worth going high on them. The risk is just so high at that spot.

I love Linderbaum at ten. I had been hoping we would have ended up with 6 and been able to move down a few spots to grab him.

I don't mind Dean as an undersized backer since that's how we seem to be prioritizing backers anyway. I would like a thumper at some point to to help on rush downs.

I like Ross as a flyer late. He was originally expected to go in the first last year before the injuries forced him to go back to school this year right?

I Would be pretty happy with this draft if we can sign a top TE and get some good depth guys for d and maybe a guard or tackle.

Stingley I'm not that high on (I actually think Sauce and even arguably Elam are better than him). So I'm not a fan of the pick there, but I am not dumb enough to think he's not a possibility for us at 4. We have to realize that Echols wasn't as good as we "think" he was. We saw him progress and look at him as a steal for a late rounder... but in actuality, he graded below average for a outside CB. So to think we don't think CB is a top need for us, we'd be lying. But I do believe JD when he said the focus will be the LOS. So I expect our 1st rounders more to be DE and OL.

Only other pick I have an issue with is Dean. Love him as a player... but he's just not a fit for this system. His play style is bc he is all over the field. But in the NFL a 5'11" LB stands no chance against NFL TEs at 6'6' 260 or a RB that runs a 4.3 and agile. Our system needs our LBs to be able to do everything. And at his height, he's limited. I'd rather draft Christian Harris in that area who fits our system perfectly.