Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But it makes no sense. You don't pass on the opportunity to get a premium player in the draft for some solid role players. Go get potentially the future of the franchise with the 4th pick and go from there. 

It would depend on how much ownership wants to win now.  I agree with you.

8 hours ago, Raves said:

I don't think that trade with the Rockets make sense for the Cavs/Gilbert.  Gilbert saves $100 million this year simply by letting LeBron walks.  Any S&T involving LeBron would need to make it worthwhile for him to pay $100 million in repeater tax.  I really don't think flipping those other contracts for 0 money back is going to happen easily at all.

There's literally ZERO chance that the Rockets could convince the Cavaliers to take on Ryan Anderson just on principle alone.  Add in the fact that they get killed by luxury tax if they take back that package, and I feel fairly confident that any deal that has Ryan Anderson going to the Cavs is a non-starter.

6 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

What do y'all think it would take for Dallas to move up from 5 to 3?

More than what the Mavericks should give up.  IF I were Atlanta I'd want at least a '19 unprotected 1st to even consider it.  And I'd probably ask for more.

29 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

After watching Lavar today; and also by someone’s Twitter suggestion: a Lonzo for Kemba trade..could that happen? 

Yes, especially if they sign LeBron and George.  I remember throwing that out there a few months ago.  @CWood21 wasn't a fan though IIRC.

The biggest issue I see is Walker defending against the Warriors.  Lonzo's size at least gives him a chance.

I think LAL should dump Ball ASAP and if they could get Kemba, all the better.

The distraction doesn't seem to be subsiding anytime soon and he could well cost them LBJ in the process. I thought the family insanity that he brought post draft was a purposefully tool to build his brand and hype, but its clearly a runaway train of imbecility. And its going to hurt LAL in the long run if they keep this up year over year.

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yes, especially if they sign LeBron and George.  I remember throwing that out there a few months ago.  @CWood21 wasn't a fan though IIRC.

The biggest issue I see is Walker defending against the Warriors.  Lonzo's size at least gives him a chance.

A few weeks ago, but yeah.  If Lonzo is even a slightly better shooter than what he did last year, it really isn't a comparison tbh.  I'll take a slightly worse shooter in Lonzo that gives you better defense and is better at running the offense with a significantly lower usage rate.  Add on the fact that Kemba is a FA after next offseason, and I don't even consider it.

9 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think LAL should dump Ball ASAP and if they could get Kemba, all the better.

The distraction doesn't seem to be subsiding anytime soon and he could well cost them LBJ in the process. I thought the family insanity that he brought post draft was a purposefully tool to build his brand and hype, but its clearly a runaway train of imbecility. And its going to hurt LAL in the long run if they keep this up year over year.

I think it's wildly amusing that people think LaVar Ball is going to prevent the Lakers from getting LeBron.  LeBron isn't going to be bullied by LaVar.  He probably finds it amusing.

I think it's wildly amusing that people think LaVar Ball is going to prevent the Lakers from getting LeBron.  LeBron isn't going to be bullied by LaVar.  He probably finds it amusing.

An unnecessary distraction is an unnecessary distraction.

You don't think a LaVar / LeBron feud with both associated w/ the same team would be detrimental to the culture of that locker room?

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

An unnecessary distraction is an unnecessary distraction.

You don't think a LaVar / LeBron feud with both associated w/ the same team would be detrimental to the culture of that locker room?

We're talking about a FO led by Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka whom both have tremendous respect around the league, and LeBron.  If the Lakers weren't turned off by LaVar at the draft, they're not now.  And it's not like they're going to let it turn into that.  People keep bringing up this same argument, and there's literally nothing to indicate that anything LaVar has said has impacted the Lakers in the slightest.  It's a non-story.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

A few weeks ago, but yeah.  If Lonzo is even a slightly better shooter than what he did last year, it really isn't a comparison tbh.  I'll take a slightly worse shooter in Lonzo that gives you better defense and is better at running the offense with a significantly lower usage rate.  Add on the fact that Kemba is a FA after next offseason, and I don't even consider it.

stars would value playing with the all star over the kid. it makes sense 

Also "slightly worse shooter" is pure gold. 

Just now, champ11 said:

stars would value playing with the all star over the kid. it makes sense 

Also "slightly worse shooter" is pure gold. 

When I was talking about a "slightly worse shooter", I was talking about with improvements...

Calling Kemba a star is a stretch.  And just because he was an "All Star" doesn't make him that good.  He's really overrated.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

When I was talking about a "slightly worse shooter", I was talking about with improvements...

Calling Kemba a star is a stretch.  And just because he was an "All Star" doesn't make him that good.  He's really overrated.

He is?  By who?

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Lonzo was a "slightly worse shooter" than rookie year Kemba lol.

He's really not overrated. He's properly rated as like a top 10ish PG. It's not like anyone sees him as a foundational piece. I called him an all-star, which is a fact, and means something around the league to other players. If these dudes are trying to link up and win a title, they probably value the established quality player over the kid that is still a question mark. That's what I'm talking about.

Archived