Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

“New #Patriots RB Pierre Strong was tied with Kenneth Walker for most 15-plus yard runs among all FBS and FCS running backs last season with 30. He had the second most 10-plus yard runs with 47” - Doug Kyed

Homerun hitter. I would be a little sad if we let Damien Harris go, but we won’t be in bad shape by any means if he walks next off-season.

5 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

“New #Patriots RB Pierre Strong was tied with Kenneth Walker for most 15-plus yard runs among all FBS and FCS running backs last season with 30. He had the second most 10-plus yard runs with 47” - Doug Kyed

Homerun hitter. I would be a little sad if we let Damien Harris go, but we won’t be in bad shape by any means if he walks next off-season.

We could see him traded in training camp tbo.. especially if they are feeling good about Strong/White. 

They may be happy to get another 2023 3rd for him

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Hey a punter just went........................... whats up with Matt Araiza???? Not picked

I have to wonder if it’s because he’s left handed/footed? Maybe that’s effecting teams plans if they like to use their punters as holders like the Pats do

Joshua Williams was an underrated prospect. Hate seeing Kansas City grab him

1 minute ago, Crimmage said:

I get it ... poor mans Mac Jones. 

Made sense to go Araiza though, can save 4M cutting Bailey. 

Zyon still makes me sad.. amazed he is still there. 

Wonder if Harry ends up getting traded today

Highest wonderlic this year supposedly, for whatever that is worth nowadays lol…

He ripped my Michigan State Spartans apart week 1 this past season.

Best hope is he shows something good in the preseason and we can flip him. Maybe Brian Hoyer comes to the coaching staff after this season. Good to always invest in QB 🤷‍♂️

You always need a backup.. if Mac goes down you need someone who can play.. and we all know that Hoyer is just a coach. 

Wonder what they could get for Stidham.. he's obviously not going to be on the roster this year. 

Player Trades: 

- Harry

- Agholor

- Stidham

- Harris

All could be gone in the coming months

• Like 1

They like taking backups in this range, i'm not surprised by it. He really is a perfect Mac backup.. and could be a Hoyer like forever backup. 

I'm more just sad that they will miss out on some of the guys I like but we all knew that would happen haha. 

How has Zyon fallen this far though? Is it possible he actually makes it to the 6th? I can't imagine but I really thought he would be gone on day 2 so no idea. 

Same with Araiza.. how can you not take that chance and save 4M getting rid of Bailey? 

Bo Melton is another guy that would be perfect here.. Beavers too... I really like the idea of trying to trade some players off the end of the roster to try and get back in this 5th.. even if I know it wont happen

Just now, DaPatsKid98 said:

Titans select TE Chigo Okonkwo

Feel like that was an easy connection to make. I didn’t know of him at all until the Patriots met with him, but he comes off as the same player Tennessee lost in Jonnu Smith

Agreed, good pick. He could totally be used just like Jonnu