Official 2022 Draft Discussion

m haynes

1 minute ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Who do we wanna see with our last pick at 245?

Maybe Josh Jobe? I think he probably has the highest chance to actually turn into something. 

He's another guy who isn't fast but was seen as a day 2 guy last year. He could be a late round steal. 

With Melton gone I could see them going Bolden.. but it seems guaranteed that Bolden is a UDFA here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimmage said:

Is Marquan McCall still out there? It is pretty amazing that they haven't had any urgency to get a NT 

Yes. Agreed, pretty odd they haven’t touched the position. If they really do feel set at LB, I think it would’ve only made sense so solidify the line in front of it 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DaPatsKid98

They have I think like 5+ spots for UDFAs? Maybe as high as 10 

I think they had 70 something people before the draft.. now we are looking at 11 picks.

I would still expect someone like Trey Flowers to be signed .. maybe a couple other Vets.. with around 5-7 UDFA's

• Like 1

ok.. hear me out .. some crazy thoughts here 

I think Cole Strange could be a LT in their system. This year he 100% plays LG assuming Wynn isn't traded... but next year things could change dramatically if some of these guys develop. 

2023: Strange / Hines / Andrews / Onwenu / Brown

2024: Strange / Hines / Andrews / Onwenu / Stueber 

If that was the case.. you could have a home run draft just based off of building an entire OL lol .. but this is more likely just me trying to be positive! 

6 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Andrew Stueber is a good pick 

I think he could be a solid RT in a year or two.. nothing spectacular but at 245 being able to get a good backup / maybe starter would be amazing. 

Now we could see a really nice list of UDFA's 

He was the leader for UM OL.  Great selection this late.

The one thing  that stand out with him is Travis Jones destroying him at the SR Bowl!!!!!! 

• Like 1

UDFA Wish List: 

• Noah Ellis, NT
  • Marquan McCall, NT
  • Josh Jobe, CB
  • Chris Steele, CB
  • Slade Bolden, WR
  • Jason Poe, OG
  • Alec Lindstrom, IOL
  • Christopher Allen, Edge
  • Jesse Luketa, Edge

Those are the guys off the top of my head.. probably a few more really good options out there. 

• Like 1