I love Mike Tomlin

Towerbridge

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

2nd request.

Sorry, I'm done.

--

I do wonder what Tomlin's value would be on the open market. If you are a team like the Jags, would it be worth trading some capital to get a coach? Maybe I'm biased here, but IMO Andy Reid changed the Chiefs' franchise more than Mahomes did. In retrospect, I would have gladly traded a first (and prolly more) to get Reid.

Obviously, the Jags aren't trading 1.01 but there's always a way to get the numbers to work (future picks, picks back, etc.) and certainly more teams need a coach than just them. This might arguably be the year to trade Tomlin since I imagine he would be the hottest coach on the market and his value is likely to decline if Pitt has a bad year next year (and you are another year behind the rebuild). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Soggust said:

If you are a team like the Jags, would it be worth trading some capital to get a coach?

I mean... I'd say Tomlin, 1st/2nd/3rd in '22, 1st/3rd in '23 and a 3rd in '24 to Houston for Deshaun Watson.

Win/win - Houston gets a tenured coach with a reputation of managing tough personalities and winning games (along with a war chest of picks to rebuild) and Pittsburgh gets their heir to Ben Roethlensberger and becomes the prohibitive favorite in the AFC.

I say yes. What say you?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I mean... I'd say Tomlin, 1st/2nd/3rd in '22, 1st/3rd in '23 and a 3rd in '24 to Houston for Deshaun Watson.

Win/win - Houston gets a tenured coach with a reputation of managing tough personalities and winning games (along with a war chest of picks to rebuild) and Pittsburgh gets their heir to Ben Roethlensberger and becomes the prohibitive favorite in the AFC.

I say yes. What say you?

Problem is you want your heir to Ben Roethlisberger to be an heir in on-field performance, not off-field behaviour

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Problem is you want your heir to Ben Roethlisberger to be an heir in on-field performance, not off-field behaviour

I think the opposite direction - you know you have a ownership group that can forgive once the dust settles.

Right, wrong or indifferent - Deshaun Watson is probably going to play again (there's a slim chance he could go to jail, but Rusty Hardin is a really good lawyer). There's going to be fallout wherever he ends up - what franchise has shown they can withstand the fallout from such a situation?

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I say yes. What say you?

At first I hated it, but I can't decide which side I hate so maybe it's actually pretty reasonable haha.

This is of course, assuming Watson is 100% in the clear on his current legal issues.