I love Mike Tomlin

Towerbridge

He's a fraud who has ridden a well developed line of bull, one of the best run organizations in sports and a HOF QB to 15 years in the NFL. I mean, there's sort of something to respect in that.

He falls flat on his face outside the Pittsburgh organization and is never heard from again if hired elsewhere. Or if he didn't have Roethlisberger. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

He's a fraud who has ridden a well developed line of bull, one of the best run organizations in sports and a HOF QB to 15 years in the NFL. I mean, there's sort of something to respect in that.

He falls flat on his face outside the Pittsburgh organization and is never heard from again if hired elsewhere. Or if he didn't have Roethlisberger. 

Roethlisberger isn't good enough to explain away Tomlin's success.  He's a great coach.

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Mike Tomlin, KC post-game presser:

"Gameplans are irrelevant." 

Just about sums up the Mike Tomlin era. It's always execution. 

But every time the dude talks I'm ready to run through a wall for him.

Every damn time. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Roethlisberger isn't good enough to explain away Tomlin's success.  He's a great coach.

What success? His Super Bowl with **** Lebeau and Bruce Arians and mostly Cowher's players? Or the previous 6 years without a playoff win? The most points allowed over his previous 4 playoff games in NFL history all while being touted as a defensive coach? 

He's a guy who comes up with some catchy turns of phrases. His players love him. He's absolutely mediocre when it matters. 

And yea, he's done more to hold Roethlisberger back than the other way around. By a lot. He's never, ever given Roethlisberger a top tier offensive coach. He's always gone into games with the goal of protecting his defense, and  over the last decade, he hasn't even been able to accomplish that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

What success? His Super Bowl with **** Lebeau and Bruce Arians and mostly Cowher's players? Or the previous 6 years without a playoff win? The most points allowed over his previous 4 playoff games in NFL history all while being touted as a defensive coach? 

He's a guy who comes up with some catchy turns of phrases. His players love him. He's absolutely mediocre when it matters. 

And yea, he's done more to hold Roethlisberger back than the other way around. By a lot. He's never, ever given Roethlisberger a top tier offensive coach. He's always gone into games with the goal of protecting his defense, and  over the last decade, he hasn't even been able to accomplish that.

Anytime you guys don't want him, I'd love to have him in Jacksonville.

And he aint going to mastermind you some defense that will turn you into contenders. His last 4 playoff games - 171 points allowed. First team to allow over 35 in three straight games. Over 42 in the last three. 

But this year, he'll retire his defensive coordinator like he did to Bruce Arians and **** Lebeau and go on to install another yes-man in the position who will allow him to call the shots while he escapes all criticism for the absolute garbage he's putting out on the field. For all the talk about how bad the offense was with a 39 year old QB, the defense was the worst the Steelers have put out there since pre-Noll.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

To coach as long as he has, and never have a losing record, speaks more about his coaching than anything you've posted to discredit him.

Let me know when the league gives out an award for the most seasons without a losing record. 

And we'll see where that one stands next year.

You guys got me to check the News feed and see if he was fired.  I tend to agree with the steelers fans posting here with regards to Tomlin, not that impressed overall.  Does have a good record.  Would be interesting if you could go back and insert Vic Fangio for the same period of time and the same team and see what the differences would be.

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

Let me know when the league gives out an award for the most seasons without a losing record. 

And we'll see where that one stands next year.

I think he is a good, solid coach. But I think coaching is overrated anyway. You either have a QB or not.