Who will trade for/sign Jimmy G?

WheatieMan

Just now, 43M said:

Why not just keep Jameis as opposed to spending a 3rd or more on Jimmy G?    

You probably have to be the high bidder (financially) for Winston which could complicate matters. Teams could structure appealing contracts to Winston that the Saints can't really mess with.

A negotiation with Jimmy is more localized, I guess you could say. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

You probably have to be the high bidder (financially) for Winston which could complicate matters. Teams could structure appealing contracts to Winston that the Saints can't really mess with.

A negotiation with Jimmy is more localized, I guess you could say. 

Perhaps....but they would also have to give up a day 2 pick in a year where they likely wont have much to spend on free agents.

They may have to roll with Taysom Hill or a cheap FA option like Andy Dalton.

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

Perhaps....but they would also have to give up a day 2 pick in a year where they likely wont have much to spend on free agents.

They may have to roll with Taysom Hill or a cheap FA option like Andy Dalton.

I assume that they are going to roll with Hill given he's 10 million guaranteed this year, but their cap is really funky. This isn't a team that is going to light their roster on fire by cutting / trading a bunch of players which I believe is what most people think that they are going to do. Their big money isn't set up that way. They are just going to restructure / extend a bunch of people, which means that they are going to lock this core in for a 2-3 years, and this core (outside of QB) really isn't awful. If they think that Jimmy actually gives them some sort of chance to win during that 2-3 year window, I could see them targeting him for sure (especially if they can make the 49ers take Hill's money back in the deal). 

I don't think that it happens, but there's a very much a world where it makes a good amount of sense. 

• Like 1