Combine snubs

lark25

21 hours ago, Trojan said:

If the above by Red&Gold is the combine invites, some guys I would like to have seen are:
Eric Barriere, QB Eastern Washington
Master Teague III, RB The Ohio State
Jerreth Sterns, WR Western Kentucky
Derrick Deese Jr, TE San Jose State
Bamidele Olaseni, RT Utah
Jalen McKenzie, RT USC (Reggie's son, his brother has stuck in NFL too after being a position tweener)
Jarrid Williams, RT Miami
Liam Shanahan, C LSU/Harvard
James Empey, C BYU
Ejiah Garcia, DT Rice
Diego Fagot, LB Naval Academy
Olakunle Fatukasi, LB Rutgers
Kuony Deng, LB Cal Berkeley
Reed Blankenship, S MTSU (Middle Tennessee)

These are guys I like as 6th/7th round guys. I think they'll both get drafted and I'm relatively surprised they didn't get combine invites.

On 2/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, Trojan said:

If the above by Red&Gold is the combine invites, some guys I would like to have seen are:
Eric Barriere, QB Eastern Washington
Master Teague III, RB The Ohio State
Jerreth Sterns, WR Western Kentucky
Derrick Deese Jr, TE San Jose State
Bamidele Olaseni, RT Utah
Jalen McKenzie, RT USC (Reggie's son, his brother has stuck in NFL too after being a position tweener)
Jarrid Williams, RT Miami
Liam Shanahan, C LSU/Harvard
James Empey, C BYU
Ejiah Garcia, DT Rice
Diego Fagot, LB Naval Academy
Olakunle Fatukasi, LB Rutgers
Kuony Deng, LB Cal Berkeley
Reed Blankenship, S MTSU (Middle Tennessee)

Agree with Olaseni, that is probably the biggest shock, dude is an elite OT considering how raw he is and how inexperienced he is with football.  Outstaniding prospect and I would be shocked if he was not drafted.  Deese is very good as well and should be a decent late round pick.  

These are the few I noticed...

Bamidele Olaseni Utah RS SR OT  Outstanding talent and huge upside, shocked he was not invited

Matt Hankins Iowa RS SR CB  At times last year he was the best corner in the nation in terms of production, had a few great games and very surprised he is not a combine invite.

Jordan Tucker RS SR OT  No clue how he does not make it and his teammate Joshua Ezeudu makes it to the combine, is big time athlete and a huge kid

Tyler Vrabel Boston College RS JR OT Has a ton of upside and potential, well worth a invite

Josh Sills Ok State SR OG  Good tough guard and I think he will be drafted.  

Owen Carney Jr Illinois SR DE  Good edge rusher and I like his motor.

Otis Reese Ole Miss SR OLB/S  Big time athlete and could be a nice OLB potentially

Ryan Liam Washington State RS SR OG  Versatile OL, I like his ability to play guard especially even though he was tackle at Washington State.

Ellis Brooks Penn State RS SR ILB  Really like his play at ILB this year, stood out especially early on and is a promising player

Sam Schlueter Minnesota RS SR OG  Struggled in pass pro at tackle but he is a guard all the way and a pretty good one

Tony Adams Illinois RS SR CB/S  In a weak DB class he is well worth a selection, kid is tough and has good versatility.

James Houston Jackson State SR OLB  Should be at the combine especially with how well he played, I assume HBCU players can go to the combine even if they had their own one already.  

Zach VanValkenburg Iowa RS SR DE   Good player with a good motor

Hayden Henry Arkansas RS SR LB  Has the bloodline and kid can play, late bloomer but really showed out this year.

Jack Gibbens Minnesota RS SR ILB  Had a great season and could easily be a late round draft pick

Lucas Krull Pitt RS SR TE   Good athlete and promising TE

Jahad Woods Washington State RS SR OLB  Undersized but knows how to play and is a tackling machine

Chris Owens Alabama RS SR C/OG  Not a great player but was out of position at RT, is more a C or OG and there he is a lot more solid.  

Adam Anderson Georgia SR OLB, so is that dude in jail or what, obviously had trouble with the law but is his career over?  Odd he did not get an invite because not sure he was convicted yet but maybe waiting to see the results of the courts.  

Good to do this, I had these three dudes in the draft and all are apparently returning to school in 2022, damn guys returning to school is hard to keep track of, all are very good players especially Brahms and Cam Jones not to mention Moss who is interesting at safety, same with Dean.

Nick Brahms Auburn C 

Cam Jones Indiana OLB

Riley Moss Iowa SR CB/S

Trey Dean Florida S/CB

Edited by Ozzy