New to this Jets forum: My NFL's 2022 Jets Mock Draft.

DefenseWinsChampionships

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for some great posts but if we take breece hall with our 38th pick I will absolutely throw up and blame you mercilessly all season for putting it into the universe! That being said…enjoy the forum man it’s really by far the best place to talk jets football. 

I think he's the best RB in the Country.  

And he's my favorite NCAA RB prospect since dating back to Adrian Peterson @ Oklahoma.  

Previous two years of 2020-2021 (combined):

24 Games. 

532 Rushing Attempts. 

3,044 Rushing Yards.  

5.7 Yards Per Carry.  

41 Rushing TDs.  

+

59 Receptions for 482 Receiving Yards and 5 TD receptions. 

=

3,526 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage and 46 Offensive TDs.  

And that's insane average of 12 Games Played Per Year (extremely durable and has never missed a Football game due to injury), 1,522 Rushing Yards Per Season (Insane), 20.5 Rushing TDs Per Year (Nuts) and 1,763 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage Per Season (mind boggling) with 23 Offensive TDs Per Year (unstoppable).

And if not for so many Offensive Holes @ O-Line/WR/TE I'd take this kid 1st round because over the previous two years (combined) he ranks #1 in Rushing Yards, #1 in All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage and also #1 in TDs scored (amongst all NCAA RBs/WRs/TEs).

24 Consecutive Games in a row with a Rushing TD (scored a running TD during every single game throughout his previous two years) with games consisting of 1 TD (9x), 2 TDs (13x) and 3 TDs (2x).

And during his last ever NCAA game as a Junior before declaring for the draft against TCU Breece Hall went off for 18 carries for 242 rushing yards (13.4 yards per pop), 3 rushing TDs along with 2 receptions for 39 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (281 yards of Offense and 4 TDs). 

▪︎ I absolutely love Michael Carter but Michael Carter is no work horse type of bell cow that Breece Hall is and a RB tandem of Breece Hall (Thunder) and Michael Carter (lightning) would create for the NFLs most dynamic duo @ RB of an elite 1-2 punch @ RB.

Everyone talks about #24 Revis and our Rex Ryan Ds but no one talks about how our NFLs #1 rushing attack is what carried Mark Sanchez into back to back 2009 and 2010 AFC Championship games.  

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

13 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

And he's my favorite NCAA RB prospect since dating back to Adrian Peterson @ Oklahoma.  

24 Games. 

532 Rushing Attempts. 

3,044 Rushing Yards.  

5.7 Yards Per Carry.  

41 Rushing TDs.  

+

=

And that's insane average of 12 Games Played Per Year (extremely durable and has never missed a Football game due to injury), 1,522 Rushing Yards Per Season (Insane), 20.5 Rushing TDs Per Year (Nuts) and 1,763 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage Per Season (mind boggling) with 23 Offensive TDs Per Year (unstoppable).

And if not for so many Offensive Holes @ O-Line/WR/TE I'd take this kid 1st round because over the previous two years (combined) he ranks #1 in Rushing Yards, #1 in All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage and also #1 in TDs scored (amongst all NCAA RBs/WRs/TEs).

☆ 24 Consecutive Games in a row with a Rushing TD (scored a running TD during every single game throughout his previous two years) with games consisting of 1 TD (9x), 2 TDs (13x).

And during his last ever NCAA game as a Junior before declaring for the draft against TCU Breece Hall went off for 18 carries for 242 rushing yards (13.4 yards per pop), 3 rushing TDs along with 2 receptions for 39 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (281 yards of Offense and 4 TDs). 

▪︎ I absolutely love Michael Carter but Michael Carter is no work horse type of bell cow that Breece Hall is and a RB tandem of Breece Hall (Thunder) and Michael Carter (lightning) would create for the NFLs most dynamic duo @ RB of an elite 1-2 punch @ RB.

Everyone talks about #24 Revis and our Rex Ryan Ds but no one talks about how our NFLs #1 rushing attack is what carried Mark Sanchez into back to back 2009 and 2010 AFC Championship games.  

I love Hall. But Carter is very good. We build an OL and he can be a Kamara type for us. I’d love a big bodied RB this draft. I just don’t think we need an every down starter. Carter showed he can be that. For me I like a guy in that 4th-5th round range for a big bodied RB.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

24 Games. 

532 Rushing Attempts. 

3,044 Rushing Yards.  

5.7 Yards Per Carry.  

41 Rushing TDs.  

+

=

24 Consecutive Games in a row with a Rushing TD (scored a running TD during every single game throughout his previous two years) with games consisting of 1 TD (9x), 2 TDs (13x) and 3 TDs (2x).

I honestly worded it poorly because I actually like Hall too but I would not touch RB that early with the needs we have. I also think hes going either later on day 2 or early day 1. There is also going to be a ton of value for complimentary backs on day 3. I myself love Zamir White and Tyler Allgeier. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I myself love Zamir White and Tyler Allgeier. 

Allgeier, please on day 3. Played with Zach, 1600 yds with 23 TD’s in 2021, 5’ 11” 220lbs. Did I mention 23 TD’s?  Sounds like a perfect complement to Carter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

Allgeier, please on day 3. Played with Zach, 1600 yds with 23 TD’s in 2021, 5’ 11” 220lbs. Did I mention 23 TD’s?  Sounds like a perfect complement to Carter.

Would be happy with either. White was a former 5-star recruit so the talent and athleticism is definitely there. Hes a sleeper who could end up being a much better pro than he was in college.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I honestly worded it poorly because I actually like Hall too but I would not touch RB that early with the needs we have. 

Injuries happen in Football especially @ RB so just imagine if anything ever happens to Michael Carter. How awesome of a feeling would it be to have Breece Hall and/or vice versa? 

I just look @ it like this. Breece Hall + Michael Carter = not having to touch our RB position for the next 5-7 years. 

And going RB early is no longer a thing of the past anymore. Not since the 1990s have RBs been as awesome as they currently are (the RB position has been re-born over the years) and outside of QB no other position touches the rock more than the RB position. 

Derrick Henry (2nd round).

Jonathan Taylor (2nd Round).

Nick Chubb (2nd round).

Joe Mixon (2nd round).

Javonte Williams (2nd round).

Dalvin Cook (2nd round).

I like 1st round RB talents too such as Zeke, Josh Jacobs, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Sony, Fournette and Najee Harris etc.

But 2nd round is the sweet spot for elite RBs and these 2nd round RBs (mentioned above) are the one's currently dominating the league right now. 

(AJ Dillon is another 2nd round RB who I really like).

If Breece Hall is available @ #38 overall of the 2nd round he's a no brainier for me because he's not my favorite NCAA RB since dating back to Adrian Peterson for nothing; and it won't be long before he's mentioned alongside the likes of Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Nick Chubb, Joe Mixon, Javonte Williams and Dalvin Cook (he's that good). 

Michael Carter then becomes impossible to stop (off of fresh legs). 

20 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

and it won't be long before he's mentioned alongside the likes of Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Nick Chubb, Joe Mixon, Javonte Williams and Dalvin Cook (he's that good). 

If he will be splitting carries with Carter he won’t be mentioned with those workhorse RB’s.  None of those backs play in a Shanahan system which is a true RBBC.

18 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Injuries happen in Football especially @ RB so just imagine if anything ever happens to Michael Carter. How awesome of a feeling would it be to have Breece Hall and/or vice versa? 

I just look @ it like this. Breece Hall + Michael Carter = not having to touch our RB position for the next 5-7 years. 

And going RB early is no longer a thing of the past anymore. Not since the 1990s have RBs been as awesome as they currently are (the RB position has been re-born over the years) and outside of QB no other position touches the rock more than the RB position. 

Derrick Henry (2nd round).

Jonathan Taylor (2nd Round).

Nick Chubb (2nd round).

Joe Mixon (2nd round).

Javonte Williams (2nd round).

Dalvin Cook (2nd round).

I like 1st round RB talents too such as Zeke, Josh Jacobs, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Sony, Fournette and Najee Harris etc.

But 2nd round is the sweet spot for elite RBs and these 2nd round RBs (mentioned above) are the one's currently dominating the league right now. 

(AJ Dillon is another 2nd round RB who I really like).

If Breece Hall is available @ #38 overall of the 2nd round he's a no brainier for me because he's not my favorite NCAA RB since dating back to Adrian Peterson for nothing; and it won't be long before he's mentioned alongside the likes of Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Nick Chubb, Joe Mixon, Javonte Williams and Dalvin Cook (he's that good). 

Michael Carter then becomes impossible to stop (off of fresh legs). 

Hall is not in that same category of RBs and we have way too many holes to over draft a position that isnt an immediate need. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Hall is not in that same category of RBs. 

Yes he is.  

And...

Previous two years of 2020-2021 (combined):

24 Games. 

532 Rushing Attempts. 

3,044 Rushing Yards.  

5.7 Yards Per Carry.  

41 Rushing TDs.  

+

=

☆ And that's an insane average of 12 Games Played Per Year (extremely durable and has never missed a Football game due to injury), 1,522 Rushing Yards Per Season (Insane), 20.5 Rushing TDs Per Year (Nuts) and 1,763 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage Per Season (mind boggling) with 23 Offensive TDs Per Year (unstoppable).

He ranks #1 in Rushing Yards, #1 in All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage and also #1 in TDs scored (amongst all NCAA RBs/WRs/TEs).

☆ 24 Consecutive Games in a row with a Rushing TD (scored a running TD during every single game throughout his previous two years) with games consisting of 1 TD (9x), 2 TDs (13x) and 3 TDs (2x).

And during his last ever NCAA game as a Junior before declaring for the draft against TCU Breece Hall went off for 18 carries for 242 rushing yards (13.4 yards per pop), 3 rushing TDs along with 2 receptions for 39 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (281 yards of Offense and 4 TDs). 

Etc. 

Completely says otherwise.  

Not in the same category as those RBs mentioned above? None of those RBs mentioned above had a better/more productive (two year) NCAA run than Breece Hall's previous two year NCAA run; not in the same class my ***. 

12 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Yes he is.  

And...

Previous two years of 2020-2021 (combined):

24 Games. 

532 Rushing Attempts. 

3,044 Rushing Yards.  

5.7 Yards Per Carry.  

41 Rushing TDs.  

+

=

☆ And that's an insane average of 12 Games Played Per Year (extremely durable and has never missed a Football game due to injury), 1,522 Rushing Yards Per Season (Insane), 20.5 Rushing TDs Per Year (Nuts) and 1,763 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage Per Season (mind boggling) with 23 Offensive TDs Per Year (unstoppable).

He ranks #1 in Rushing Yards, #1 in All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage and also #1 in TDs scored (amongst all NCAA RBs/WRs/TEs).

☆ 24 Consecutive Games in a row with a Rushing TD (scored a running TD during every single game throughout his previous two years) with games consisting of 1 TD (9x), 2 TDs (13x) and 3 TDs (2x).

And during his last ever NCAA game as a Junior before declaring for the draft against TCU Breece Hall went off for 18 carries for 242 rushing yards (13.4 yards per pop), 3 rushing TDs along with 2 receptions for 39 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (281 yards of Offense and 4 TDs). 

Etc. 

Completely says otherwise.  

Not in the same category as those RBs mentioned above? None of those RBs mentioned above had a better/more productive (two year) NCAA run than Breece Hall's previous two year NCAA run; not in the same class my ***. 

I guess my question is is why are we drafting a starting RB when we have a young RB in Carter who looked great? We need actual starters in several areas. So why use a pick on a rotational guy in Hall when we could use a starting RG, 2 TEs, WR, DE, 2 LBs, 2 Ss and even CB. We aren't in position to make luxury picks yet. I like Hall and I even in my mock have us drafting a RB in Round 5, but that's after choosing 7 other players 1st. 

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I guess my question is is why are we drafting a starting RB when we have a young RB in Carter who looked great? We need actual starters in several areas. So why use a pick on a rotational guy in Hall when we could use a starting RG, 2 TEs, WR, DE, 2 LBs, 2 Ss and even CB. We aren't in position to make luxury picks yet. I like Hall and I even in my mock have us drafting a RB in Round 5, but that's after choosing 7 other players 1st. 

Michael Carter looked really good but far from great. 

Because Michael Carter only had 4 TDs on the year.  

Even @ UNC Micharl Carter only had 12 Rushing TDs throughout his final 2 seasons (combined) while it was the power back of UNC Javonte Williams who recorded 24 rushing TDs throughout those previous two years.  

Breece Hall? 41 rushing TDs previous two years.  

I love Michael Carter but he's not a featured back. He's not Breece Hall. He can't score TDs and he's not a work horse back. Which is why his season high was only of 16 carries and also had 10 games of 10 or fewer rushing attempts. 

Michael Carter is Lightning. 

Breece Hall is Thunder, a bell cow, a work horse, a featured back and just a much better overall RB. 

Breece Hall (Thunder) and Michael Carter (Lightning) would create for one of the NFLs top RB duo's within the entire league and if you know who Michael Carter truly is you'd know he's at his best once featured alongside of a powerful Thunder back (see UNC ala Javonte Williams).

PS: RB1 isn't a luxury pick.

Because outside of the QB position no other position touches the ball more than the RB position. Which is why you see so many 1st and 2nd round RBs dominating the NFL RB position right now. 

I love Michael Carter but he's no Breece Hall and Breece Hall beating up Ds as our #1 featured back would make Michael Carter unstoppable (off of fresh legs). 

The only reason why Michael Carter led the NCAA Nation in yards per carry @ 8.0 was because he was splitting carries @ UNC with 2nd round RB Javonte Williams who beat up opposing Front 7s with Thunder and power; which is why fresh legs Michael Carter was unstoppable. 

Round 1 = O-Line. 

Round 1 = WR. 

Round 2 = TE. 

Round 2 = Get me Breece Hall and give ZW the best RB in the Country.  

(Defense can wait until 2023 then go Defense 7x in a row for all I care). 

14 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Michael Carter looked really good but far from great. 

Because Michael Carter only had 4 TDs on the year.  

Even @ UNC MucMichael Carter only had 12 Rushing TDs throughout his final 2 seasons while it was the power back of UNC Javonte Williams who recorded 24 rushing TDs throughout those previous two years.  

Breece Hall? 41 rushing TDs previous two years.  

I love Michael Carter but he's not a featured back. He's not Breece Hall. He can't score TDs and he's not a work horse back. Which is why his season high was only of 16 carries and also had 10 games of 10 or fewer rushing attempts. 

Michael Carter is Lightning. 

Breece Hall is Thunder, a bell cow, a work horse, a featured back and just a much better overall RB. 

Breece Hall (Thunder) and Michael Carter (Lightning) would create for one of the NFLs top RB duo's within the entire league and if you know anything about Michael Carter you'd know he's at his best once featured alongside of a powerful Thunder back (see UNC ala Javonte Williams).

PS: RB1 isn't a luxury pick.

Because outside of the QB position no other position touches the ball more than the RB position. Which is why you see so many 1st and 2nd round RBs dominating the NFL RB position right now. 

I love Michael Carter but he's no Breece Hall and Breece Hall beating up Ds as our #1 featured back would make Michael Carter unstoppable (off of fresh legs). 

The only reason why Michael Carter led the NCAA Nation in yards per carry @ 8.0 was because he was splitting carries @ UNC with 2nd round RB Javonte Williams who beat up opposing Front 7s with Thunder and power; which is why fresh legs Michael Carter was unstoppable. 

Round 1 = O-Line. 

Round 1 = WR. 

Round 2 = TE. 

Round 2 = Get me Breece Hall and give ZW the best RB in the Country.  

(Defense can wait until 2023 then go Defense 7x in a row for all I care). 

No thank you. I think Carter is great. Make teams have to respect us throwing the ball and add another OLineman and we're good at RB. Carter isn't an issue. In fact I think he goes to a great level if we can do those 2 things. I'm all for grabbing a big bodied RB in Round 5 to mix in with Carter. But Carter needs to be the guy. Don't waste draft capital on a guy like Hall early. 

It appears you're kind of caught up in the stats of Hall. Stats are just exactly that... just stats. Hall has all those stats bc ISU relied on him for 25-30 touches a game. That's a lot for a NCAA RB. If anything I'd be worried about his wear and tear already. A guy like Carter in his final year was able to get 1500+yds and 11 TDs on ONLY 180 touches. Hall this season had 1,770yds and 23 TDs but on 290 touches. That's 110 more touches than Carter in his final year. So don't compare stats. Watch skill sets not stats. Hall will be a solid NFL RB. But that's not what we need. We have a great RB. Help the rest of the offense out to utilize his skill set to the max. 

• Like 1