New to this Jets forum: My NFL's 2022 Jets Mock Draft.

DefenseWinsChampionships

• I know we've needed an edge rusher since dating back to #94 John Abraham (our fan base is craved for one) and I know that we need more talent @ all 3 of LB/S/CB etc.

But I also understand that outside of Chad Pennington (pre-injury) we haven't featured an elite Franchise QB since dating back to my Grandfathers favorite Joe Willie (white shoes wearing) Namath; and we've ruined/destroyed one too many promising QBs ever since. 

☆ And I'm not willing to just sit around and watch the same happen to Zach Wilson (6th Highest Single Season NCAA QB Rating of All-Time coming out) as a kid QB who's coming off of a Rookie season that's comparable to Josh Allen's Rookie year. 

So the theme of my 2022 NFL Jets draft was to focus on Offense, Offense, Offense, Offense and more Offense (while having to wait until 2023's draft in order to completely re-vamp coach Saleh's Defense while heading into Zach Wilson's 3rd year). 

(I used PFFs mock draft simulator).

《And I traded our #4 overall pick to Philadelphia for their 15th and 16th overall picks (and included next years 3rd round pick of NYJ in order to make it happen)》. 

1st Round:

#10: Charles Cross (LT). 

#15: Drake London (WR). 

#16: Tyler Linderbaum (C). 

2nd Round

#36: Trey McBride (TE). 

#38: Breece Hall (RB). 

3rd Round

#68: Channing Tindall (LB). 

4th Round: 

#108: Kerby Joseph (Safety). 

#114: Marcus Jones (KR/PR/CB). 

5th Round

#145: Bryan Cook (Safety). 

#161 Jack Sanborn (LB). 

I dedicated my first 5 picks to building an Offense around Zach Wilson and our QB position (and drafted the Nation's #1 KR/PR Marcus Jones in order to replace Braxton Berrios and his $9M per year contract rumors). 

QB: Zach Wilson.  

LT: Charles Cross. 

LG: Alijah Vera-Tucker.  

C; Tyler Linderbaum.  

RG: Mekhi Becton.  

RT: George Fant.  

WR 1: Drake London. 

WR 2: Corey Davis.  

Slot: Elijah Moore (can line up all over the Offense and @ #1 & #2 WR too). 

WR 4: Denzel Mims.  

TE: Trey McBride.  

RB 1A: Breece Hall.  

RB 1B: Michael Carter.  

▪︎ I'm still a believer in Mekhi Becton as a Franchise LT but creating an insane LG/RG duo of AVT and Highway 77 with Tyler Linderbaum (in the middle) was too good to pass up on.  

▪︎ Drake London and Elijah Moore becomes our next Keyshawn Johnson/Wayne Chrebet 2.0 type of elite WR duo. 

▪︎ Trey McBride finally gives our young gun QB his best friend within the form of an elite pass catching TE (who's also an animal @ run blocking).

▪︎ Breece Hall (THUNDER) and Michael Carter (LIGHTNING) will not only run wild behind a monster O-Line (4 1st round picks invested into) but they'll also create for the NFLs most dynamic RB duo within the league; while giving a younger Zach Wilson a real deal running game to fall back on and rely on (while keeping opposing Ds on edge).

Zach Wilson now has an elite JD built O-Line, multiple playmakers @ WR, a game changing TE along with a monster RB tandem. 

We should see flashes and signs of a Franchise QB within the makings during his 2nd season along with an Offense that shows potential of becoming elite. 2023 heading into Zach Wilson's 3rd year is when Joe Douglas begins to give coach Saleh his Defensive Identity. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1

I mean selfishly I absolutely LOVE IT. OL is set for a decade. Add a legit #1 WR in London. McBride is immediately a starter for us at TE and Hall can work in with Carter. The makings of a star young offense. Something we’ve never had.

But I just can’t see us using all those picks on offense. I’d love it if we did. But I can’t see it after that’s kinda what we did last year with our 1st 4 picks.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean selfishly I absolutely LOVE IT. OL is set for a decade. Add a legit #1 WR in London. McBride is immediately a starter for us at TE and Hall can work in with Carter. The makings of a star young offense. Something we’ve never had.

But I just can’t see us using all those picks on offense. I’d love it if we did. But I can’t see it after that’s kinda what we did last year with our 1st 4 picks.

The only reason why I could picture it happening is because of Zach Wilson (more so, Joe Douglas). 

Zach Wilson is JDs prized #2 overall draft pick. 

And at the end of the day Joe Douglas will either survive (ZW flourishes) or get fired (ZW gets destroyed).

JDs entire NFL GM career depends on Zach Wilson becoming an NY STAR. 

Zach Wilson becomes our first Franchise QB since dating back to Joe Namath?

And Joe Douglas has a Jets GM job for life.

(If I were Joe Douglas myself I'd pour every ounce of 2022's offseason resources throughout both FA and the Draft into my Offense and around my prized QB. And then focus on Defense beginning in 2023 and beyond).

If I were Joe Douglas I'd ask Robert Saleh to coach his Defensive tail off 2022 with a promise that we'll go Defense early and often throughout both 2023 and 2024s draft(s).

21 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Becton is not playing OG. He will either play LT or RT next season. People forget that Becton as a rookie rated better than Fant did last season, and that was a career year for Fant. 

Ya I love the picks but the depth in this is off. Becton is too tall to play OG. Imagine trying to throw over a nearly 6’8” RG? Wilson would have to jump every throw. Cross also wouldn’t start over Fant at LT. If this were the actual draft… I’d say the OL would be..…

LT: Fant

LG: AVT

OC: Linderbaum

RG: Cross

RT: Becton

Furthermore Hall isn’t starting over Carter. Hall would be mixed in. But Carter is our back for the next 3 years.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Becton is not playing OG. He will either play LT or RT next season. People forget that Becton as a rookie rated better than Fant did last season, and that was a career year for Fant. 

I love Mekhi Becton and still believe in him as a Franchise LT; I'm just trying to build the most dominant O-Line possible for Zach Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Furthermore Hall isn’t starting over Carter. Hall would be mixed in. But Carter is our back for the next 3 years.

I don't know about that. I really like Michael Carter a lot he reminds me of Dalvin Cook 2.0 and he put up the 4th most All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage within Jets Franchise History amongst Rookie RBs/FBs (most Yards from Scrimmage from a Rookie RB since 1970 of 51 years ago during 2021).

But Breece Hall is on another level. Most NCAA rushing yards throughout the previous two years combined and 20+ consecutive games with a rushing TD. He's an animal. 

It's not about Breece Hall vs. Michael Carter it's all about creating a dynamic 1-2 punch of Thunder (Hall) and Lightning (Carter). 

Because Michael Carter is @ his best once paired alongside of a powerful RB as his running mate such as Javonte Williams of UNC (who he split carries with). Which is why @ UNC Carter ranked #4 in 2020 NCAA rushing yards and #1 in NCAA yards per carry (8.0) because he had Javonte Williams to beat up opposing Ds before running wild. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This team scores 21 points and gives up 35

(Same trade with the Eagles).

1st Round:

#10: Ahmad Gardner (CB). 

#15: Nakobe Dean (LB). 

#16: Devin Lloyd (LB). 

2nd Round

#36: Jermaine Johnson II (Edge Rusher).

#38: Arnold Ebiletie (Edge Rusher).

3rd Round

#68: Kerby Joseph (Safety). 

4th Round: 

#108: Jeremy Ruckert (TE). 

#114: Sky Moore(WR). 

5th Round

#145: Tyler Algeier (RB). 

#161: Alec Lindstrom (C). 

▪︎

DE: Jermaine Johnson II.  

DT: Quinnen Williams.  

DT: John Franklin-Myers.  

DE: Arnold Ebiletie. 

(Carl Lawson = situational pass rusher). 

OLB: C.J. Mosley.  

MLB: Nakobe Dean.  

OLB: Devin Lloyd.  

CB 1: Ahmad Gardner.   

CB 2: Bryce Hall. 

Nickel: Brandin Echols.  

Dime: Michael Carter II.  

SS: Kerby Joseph. 

FS: Jason Pinnock. 

Idk. 

I still like my Offensive Driven draft a lot more than my Defensive Driven draft and that's because of Zach Wilson. Franchise QB is the most important position to build a Football team around. Just look @ the Bengals their D was crap throughout the entire regular season. 

I can easily live with a revamped Offense and wait until 2023 before going Defense guns blazing because I'm sick of having no Franchise QB, makeshift O-Lines, trash @ TE and lack of playmaking WRs etc.

When's the last time we've featured a top 5 Offense in both yards and points scored? Maybe 1998? I'm just tired of it. 

25 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

(Same trade with the Eagles).

1st Round:

#10: Ahmad Gardner (CB). 

#15: Nakobe Dean (LB). 

#16: Devin Lloyd (LB). 

2nd Round

#36: Jermaine Johnson II (Edge Rusher).

#38: Arnold Ebiletie (Edge Rusher).

3rd Round

#68: Kerby Joseph (Safety). 

4th Round: 

#108: Jeremy Ruckert (TE). 

#114: Sky Moore(WR). 

5th Round

#145: Tyler Algeier (RB). 

#161: Alec Lindstrom (C). 

▪︎

DE: Jermaine Johnson II.  

DT: Quinnen Williams.  

DT: John Franklin-Myers.  

DE: Arnold Ebiletie. 

(Carl Lawson = situational pass rusher). 

OLB: C.J. Mosley.  

MLB: Nakobe Dean.  

OLB: Devin Lloyd.  

CB 1: Ahmad Gardner.   

CB 2: Bryce Hall. 

Nickel: Brandin Echols.  

Dime: Michael Carter II.  

SS: Kerby Joseph. 

FS: Jason Pinnock. 

Idk. 

I still like my Offensive Driven draft a lot more than my Defensive Driven draft and that's because of Zach Wilson. Franchise QB is the most important position to build a Football team around. Just look @ the Bengals their D was crap throughout the entire regular season. 

I can easily live with a revamped Offense and wait until 2023 before going Defense guns blazing because I'm sick of having no Franchise QB, makeshift O-Lines, trash @ TE and lack of playmaking WRs etc.

When's the last time we've featured a top 5 Offense in both yards and points scored? Maybe 1998? I'm just tired of it. 

“Just look the Bengals”

No, I don’t think I will. 

Y’all see one team do something and try to copy them lol. We’re still recovering from trying to be the Seahawks lol. 

Yes we need to build around Zach, that’s obvious.

We still need to get stops and get stops consistently. As much as people mention the Bengals(LOL) their defense played absolutely lights out against the Chiefs in the second half. And speaking of the Chiefs and their defense is holding back that offense from winning the Super Bowl. 

We need to have it on both sides. We spent years neglecting the offense, so yes we have to invest there but we cannot keep trotting out a poor defense, specifically a poor front 7.

54 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Final part of my rant. Don’t you all want an offense that can score and a defense that can get them the ball back? 

Of course. 

But first and foremost I want that kid in your avatar to have an A+ O-Line along with Playmaking talents @ both WR and TE (just like Patrick Mahomes and so many others) in order to feature our first true Franchise QB since dating back to Joe Namath.  

It's been an Offensive Driven League for quite some time now and you mean to tell me that our last two 1st round WRs drafted were Keyshawn Johnson (1996) and Santana Moss (2001) of 26 years ago (I was 11 years old) and 21 years ago (Freshman in High School)?

That's absolutely, criminal. 

And when was our last elite pass catching TE? Please don't say "Dustin Keller". 

But yet our fan base has wondered why all of our drafted QBs have downright busted? 

2022s offseason must be all about Zach Wilson and our Offense (focus on Defense 2023 and beyond) or else we'll be drafting another 1st round QB only 2-3 years from today after we've destroyed yet another Franchise hopeful QB. 

And in regards to your KC Chiefs/Patrick Mahomes reference? That team because of their Offense has made 4 consecutive AFC Championship games, 2 SB appearances and 1 Super Bowl Championship Winning Title. Sign me up for that type of Offensive Run especially considering the fact our fan base hasn't witnessed a SB title since dating back to 1968-1969's season that I missed out on (born in 85).