Ast DL: Marus West

Release:
DT Star Lotulelei
LB AJ Klein
OG Daryl Williams
OG Jon Feliciano

Extend/restructure:
WR Stefon Diggs (earned it)
WR Cole Beasley (lower cap hit for this season)
C Mitch Morse (lowers cap hit and secures his roster spot for future)
TE Dawson Knox (pay him now before another breakout year)

Re-sign:
WR Emmanuel Sanders - 1 year deal
DT Harrison Phillips - 2 year deal
DE Mario Addison - 1 year deal 
DB Siran Neal - 2 year deal.

Bills will be sitting around 16-20 million in cap space. Plenty of room to fill some holes and use the draft to their advantage like they have been.

Free Agency:

QB Teddy Bridgewater
RB/KR Cordarrelle Patterson
OG - Austin Corbett 
TE - Durham Smyth
OT Connor McDermott
DT - Linval Joseph
CB Donte Jackson

Draft:
* Projecting Bills Trade RB Zack Moss for 2023 5th round pick *

Round 1: OG Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

Round 2: IDL Travis Jones - UConn

Round 3: LB Brandon Smith - Penn St

Round 4: RB Tyler Baddie - Missouri

Round 5: CB Jack Jones - Arizona St

Round 6a: WR Justyn Ross - Clemson

Round 6b: DE Cade Hall - San Jose St

Round 7a: OC Brock Hoffman - Virginia Tech

Round 7b: QB Nick Starkel - San Jose St

Notable Undrafted:
Punter

The draft could not have started any better. Using The Draft Network Mock draft machine, I controlled the Bills and added 2 immediate contributors to the trenches in rounds 1 and 2. Adding a LB with size and speed who can line up on the hash marks and fits a zone defense made too much sense for me. Baddie, Jones and Hall could all be rotational guys in year 1. Justyn Ross is a potential steal if he stays healthy. Hoffman and Starkel are PS candidates and you just hope to develop them.

Depth Chart:

QB: Allen, Bridgewater 
RB: Singletary, Patterson, Baddie, Jones
TE: Knox, Smyth, Sweeney, Gilliam
WR: Diggs, Davis, Beasley, Sanders Stevenson, Ross, Kumerow,
LT: Dawkins, McDermott
LG: Green, Bates
C :Morse
RG: Corbett, Ford
RT: Brown, O'Doyle 

DE: Basham, Addison
3T: Oliver, Phillips
1T: Jones, Joseph 
DE: Rousseau, Epenesa, Hall
LB: Milano, B.Smith, Smith
LB: Edmunds, Dodson, 
CB: White, Jackson, Johnson, Jackson, Jones, Neal
S: Poyer, Johnson
S: Hyde, Hamlin

K: Bass
P: Rookie
LS: Ferguson

I like your draft, and think the top 2 needs are met in the first 2 rounds. would prefer to see a CB go in rd 3 and prefer a punter over a qb in the 7th rd but im nitpicking. Not really a fan of losing both Feliciano and Williams, I see one getting cut and another being restructured. Prefer to keep Williams then we do not need to bring in McDermott. 

I also think AJ Klein could be kept around if they restructure him as well and possibly tack on a year just to have him for this year but I am all for letting him go.
I agree with you when it comes to star and having him your post june 1st cut could save 4.1 mil having a 2.6 dead cap next year, I just have a feeling Beane wont let him go and I think the only way you do not see him on the roster is if he retires. 

Dawkins, Morse, Diggs, Beasley would be my restructure and extension. Morse played well to give him at least 1-2 more years and Beasley still has been a security blanket by having back to back seasons with 82 receptions. If they are able to bring in mckenzie then I wouldnt hate the idea of trying to move beasley prefer trade over anything as I am sure some team would value his low contract hit for 1 year.

I also like your re-signs minus addison. I just want to move on from him and Hughes I am sure he has some left in the tank but even if it is 3-4 mil I think its to much and just would rather find a way to land a higher tier pass rusher via free agency or trade.

One thing I have found interesting is that Gronk will likely play next year and I know Beane was in talks with him last year and had an offer on the table. I know knox has stepped up but wouldnt be mad at bringing him in over Smythe. As for knox extension should wait as his cap hit will go up this year instead of next. We always have the franchise tag to lock him in, in order to get a long term contract done next year. It will also show that this past year wasnt a fluke, may cost a bit more in the long run but better be safe then sorry, as I expect his deal to be around Goedhert  type deal. 

Next year it is said the cap will increase to around 230 mil not sure how much that plays in a part this offseason as they may be willing to be more active on 1 or 2 big hitters in free agency or trade.

Overall have high hopes and if they dont get to the superbowl then I dont think this regime will ever get there. They have all the pieces to succeed and if healthy there shouldnt be any excuses.

• Like 1

Love lots of things here, great draft, I think we did well in FA although Corbett is gonna get paid, possibly top 10 G money.

Cordarrelle Patterson would be a great fit with his flexibility and receiving out of the backfield.

I think Harrison Phillips will get more length on his first time UFA contract. 4-5 years probably. I see so much Kyle Williams in him and think someone will offer 5/25 type contract.

I dont think we need Sanders but wouldnt oppose resigning him.

All and all that roster is a SB contending roster 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 8:04 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

I think Harrison Phillips will get more length on his first time UFA contract. 4-5 years probably. I see so much Kyle Williams in him and think someone will offer 5/25 type contract.

I would be shocked if someone gave Phillips that type of contact. He’s not proven enough and has never been a full time starter. 

On 2/18/2022 at 2:38 PM, soflbillsfan said:

ne thing I have found interesting is that Gronk will likely play next year and I know Beane was in talks with him last year and had an offer on the table. I know knox has stepped up but wouldnt be mad at bringing him in over Smythe. As for knox extension should wait as his cap hit will go up this year instead of next. We always have the franchise tag to lock him in, in order to get a long term contract done next year. It will also show that this past year wasnt a fluke, may cost a bit more in the long run but better be safe then sorry, as I expect his deal to be around Goedhert  type deal. 

A Knox extension doesn’t necessarily  guarantee his contract goes up this year. It could kick in after this season much like Allen’s did but the signing bonus would give him security now. 

On 2/20/2022 at 8:43 AM, Trentwannabe said:

I would be shocked if someone gave Phillips that type of contact. He’s not proven enough and has never been a full time starter. 

A Knox extension doesn’t necessarily  guarantee his contract goes up this year. It could kick in after this season much like Allen’s did but the signing bonus would give him security now. 

Signing bonus will be spread out evenly through out the years of his deal which means that he will likely get some money added to this year. I am fine with that and maybe I am wrong as I felt the route to go was to see multiple years of allen producing more before extending him like they should with knox, however beane ended up giving allen the deal last year. It will be interesting as I see a few more options ahead of knox that should get done prior to his deal. I think the top move beane is going to do is Diggs to line it up with Allen's deal and then from there it could be beasley, morse, knox etc..I just hope all these in house moves are done prior to the 1st day of preseason as this is going to be the time they need to focus on landing the guys and not focused on existing deals.

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Signing bonus will be spread out evenly through out the years of his deal which means that he will likely get some money added to this year. I am fine with that and maybe I am wrong as I felt the route to go was to see multiple years of allen producing more before extending him like they should with knox, however beane ended up giving allen the deal last year. It will be interesting as I see a few more options ahead of knox that should get done prior to his deal. I think the top move beane is going to do is Diggs to line it up with Allen's deal and then from there it could be beasley, morse, knox etc..I just hope all these in house moves are done prior to the 1st day of preseason as this is going to be the time they need to focus on landing the guys and not focused on existing deals.

It could but if the extension doesn't actually kick in until the year 2023 then the signing bonus counting against the cap can wait till then also.

Extensions right now can help with the cap and won't necessarily have to or should wait until August.