• Josh Allen
    • Russell Wilson
    • Justin Herbert
    • Dak Prescott
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Joe Burrow
    • Matt Stafford

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2022 at 02:00 AM

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't see much rationale for Mahomes over Rodgers. Then I think Mahomes is clear cut 2 and Allen is clear cut 3. Then it gets to be a free for all.

Agreed. Nothing in the past two years has showed Mahomes is a better QB than Rodgers. Rodgers has basically been flawless. This two season stretch might be the best in the history of the sport. Regular season, anyways. Also, Rodgers would never allow himself to do poorly just because a team is dropping eight into coverage… he would of obliterated them. Mahomes seemed flustered and fooled the whole time in the 2nd Half vs the Bengals. 

I don’t have too much of a problem with it though, because a lot of it is probably projection, for both Rodgers and Mahomes. 

If Allen goes above Rodgers though, I’ll be pretty shocked. I think Allen is #3 for sure, but he still has a big turnover problem with no signs of correction yet. 

Edit: If Allen goes above Rodgers, I’m going to start thinking people aren’t voting Rodgers simply because they personally don’t like him. Which basically ruins the list. 

Edited by BayRaider

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Nothing in the past two years has showed Mahomes is a better QB than Rodgers. Rodgers has basically been flawless. This two season stretch might be the best in the history of the sport. Regular season, anyways. Also, Rodgers would never allow himself to do poorly just because a team is dropping eight into coverage… he would of obliterated them. Mahomes seemed flustered and fooled the whole time in the 2nd Half vs the Bengals. 

I don’t have too much of a problem with it though, because a lot of it is probably projection, for both Rodgers and Mahomes. 

If Allen goes above Rodgers though, I’ll be pretty shocked. I think Allen is #3 for sure, but he still has a big turnover problem with no signs of correction yet. 

Edit: If Allen goes above Rodgers, I’m going to start thinking people aren’t voting Rodgers simply because they personally don’t like him. Which basically ruins the list. 

On the other hand, Rodgers had a hard time against the 49ers defense for 60 minutes and only put up 10 points

He also had 12 fewer touchdowns these playoffs than Mahomes. That’s a big reason the poll is lopsided 

Bengals defense gave everyone a hard time in the playoff. They got 8 interceptions. Mahomes somehow still had the best passer rating of the 4 quarterbacks the Bengals faced in the postseason

Edited by Nightime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

On the other hand, Rodgers had a hard time against the 49ers defense for 60 minutes and only put up 10 points

He also had 12 fewer touchdowns these playoffs than Mahomes. That’s a big reason the poll is lopsided 

Bengals defense gave everyone a hard time in the playoff. They got 8 interceptions. Mahomes somehow still had the best passer rating of the 4 quarterbacks the Bengals faced in the postseason

This is primarily a slight to the other QBs the Bengals played + OBJ and the other Rams injuries piling up. 

10 minutes ago, Nightime said:

My comment wasn’t a slight, just facts

I get that but the comparison isn't is Mahomes better than Tannehill, Carr, and Stafford. It's Mahomes versus Rodgers. I just don't think Mahomes being better in this playoffs makes up for Rodgers being better for 2 straight regular seasons. Especially when Mahomes played the worst half of any QB this postseason. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I get that but the comparison isn't is Mahomes better than Tannehill, Carr, and Stafford. It's Mahomes versus Rodgers. I just don't think Mahomes being better in this playoffs makes up for Rodgers being better for 2 straight regular seasons. Especially when Mahomes played the worst half of any QB this postseason. 

Yes but it was just odd to use the 2021 playoffs as proof that Rodgers was the better QB since he had a worse playoff “run”

• Like 2