• Justin Herbert
    • Dak Prescott
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Joe Burrow
    • Matt Stafford
    • Deshaun Watson

Current List:

1. Patrick Mahomes

Who is the best QB in your opinion, right now? We'll do this up until 25, or maybe 32. 

Some people get best confused. It's not just who had the best 2021 season. It's not career accolades. And it has nothing to do with age. It's who you think is the best in the league. Right now. Heading into 2022. 

My vote here is Rodgers for previously mentioned reasons. No one is currently playing QB quite at his level. Back to back MVP's and almost flawless play at the position. I do understand the argument for Allen (and only Allen) but I think Allen needs to clean up his turnovers, believe he had 18 last year. His 6.8 YPA was also mind boggling low for a Top QB. I also think recency bias is playing a factor with that Divisional Round playoff game. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the Allen train and he'd be my #3 guy, but I just don't see how he's a better QB than Aaron Rodgers. 

The remainder of my votes will probably look like this:

2) Aaron Rodgers

3) Josh Allen

4) Russell Wilson

5) Joe Burrow

6) Deshaun Watson

7) Justin Herbert

8) Dak Prescott

9) Lamar Jackson

10) Matt Stafford

11) Kyler Murray

12) Kirk Cousins

13) Derek Carr

14) Ryan Tannehil

15) Matt Ryan

Gap

16) The Field

Two QB's people sleep on: Watson and Lamar. Watson was a Top 3-4 QB when he left by every measure. Just because he has taken a year off does not automatically mean he's no longer a Top 10 guy. Take off-field stuff completely out of the equation, and I take Watson over everyone outside of my Top 5 guys. We are not factoring outside stuff in here. This is who you think is the best. 

As for Lamar, yes, he leaves A LOT to be desired as a passer. However, you can't just evaluate passing for the QB position. Lamar is the biggest non-passing weapon in history at the position, and is still extremely effective and requires a lot of defensive pieces to game plan around him. His passing is also at least average. For any Raven fans that tell me his passing is way better than "average", shush. You are going to provide stats which is useless without context. The reason many of his passing stats are good (mostly his MVP year) is because teams had to game plan around his running attack and passes were very open. Games he's had to take over as a passer were not very pretty. Lamar is not a very good passer (but not bad, and will have a big game every now and then), but he is a very good QB. People these days get "QB" and "Passer" confused like they are the same exact thing. There are many dimensions to the QB position. 

Anyways, before anyone gets all butthurt about my rankings, we have a vote and threads, vote instead of being a negative nancy. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He scored 9 points against the Jags 

Regular season. Josh Allen stepped up when it counted unlike Rodgers. Also helps that he’s so much younger and has those physical gifts.

The quote below also summarizes the main problem with Rodgers.

“Rodgers … for years has played a careful, calculating game understanding that number of interceptions plays a disproportionate, nonsensical role in the passer-rating formula. Bad interceptions are, well, bad. Then there are interceptions that are the cost of doing business for unselfish, competitive, stats-immune quarterbacks battling to make plays and lead comebacks until the bitter end. When a quarterback, especially one with a powerful, usually accurate arm like Rodgers, deliberately minimizes chances to deliver a big play for fear of an interception … that’s just hurting his team. In the playoff game, a modest talent like Jimmy Garoppolo was under every bit as much pass-rush pressure as Rodgers but drilled more tight-window completions down the field largely because he wasn’t afraid of a pick and the moment.”

—Bob McGinn, the longtime Packers beat man and expert, writing at Tyler Dunne’s “Go Long.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Regular season. Josh Allen stepped up when it counted unlike Rodgers. Also helps that he’s so much younger and has those physical gifts.

The quote below also summarizes the main problem with Rodgers.

Rodgers would of did great against the Chiefs D just like Allen did. Chief D and Niner D is absolutely no comparison. And in one of the most freezing games ever. 

I also largely disagree Rodgers is a conservative QB. He throws WR’s open, when they are not open, literally all the time. He is the best in the league at that and it’s not close. Just a tremendous anticipation thrower. Although Burrow might give him a run for his money soon. Rodgers and conservative should not even be in the same sentence. He has a high YPA almost every year, and makes aggressive throws. Watch him instead of reading articles. The reason his TD:INT Ratio is always the best is because he’s the smartest + most accurate QB in the league, a deadly combination. 

If you are gonna base Allen over Rodgers on one game, that’s kind of ridiculous. Allen also hasn’t done jack in the playoffs. At least Rodgers has a Super Bowl where he completely dominated that entire postseason. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Rodgers would of did great against the Chiefs D just like Allen did. Chief D and Niner D is absolutely no comparison. And in one of the most freezing games ever. 

I also largely disagree Rodgers is a conservative QB. He throws WR’s open, when they are not open, literally all the time. He is the best in the league at that and it’s not close. Just a tremendous anticipation thrower. Although Burrow might give him a run for his money soon. Rodgers and conservative should not even be in the same sentence. He has a high YPA almost every year, and makes aggressive throws. Watch him instead of reading articles. The reason his TD:INT Ratio is always the best is because he’s the smartest + most accurate QB in the league, a deadly combination. 

If you are gonna base Allen over Rodgers on one game, that’s kind of ridiculous. Allen also hasn’t done jack in the playoffs. At least Rodgers has a Super Bowl where he completely dominated that entire postseason. 

Why would I care about a SB win more than a decade ago? This isn’t about what someone like Rodgers did in his prime. This is about the future. And Rodgers currently is exactly what Bob McGinn describes.

• Like 4

I’m taking Josh Allen over anyone not named Mahomes. 

After watching the divisional round game it’s clear as day to me. Rodgers has consistently underperformed in comparison to his regular season play the last few years, and with this being a right now thing in comparison to Allen, that makes the difference for me. 

Allen is the entire Bills team, behind a below average offensive line, without a run game, and with a defensive minded head coach. He turned the dumpster fire Bills franchise into a consistent contender. 

• Like 1