Trade Ideas floating around out there...

vike daddy

Garrett Bradbury and a 7th to the Rams for edge rusher Justin Hollins
sign Rams free agent center Brian Allen
trade Danielle Hunter

If the Vikings are unable to move Cousins’ contract, or if they decide they don’t want to, Hunter will transition from a serious trade candidate to a highly likely one. Replacing the edge rusher with a younger and healthier Hollins on a one-year prove-it deal for the price of Bradbury, then assuming a new direction at center in the form of an Allen signing in free agency appears a logical path forward for the new regime in Minnesota.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/trade-rumors-garrett-bradbury-hollins-rams/?fbclid=IwAR3RmgDNzgSdM604lmyerw03CrPp4lUc2q2N5qwwygGuhWCfbSIA8p3R-xU

Edited by vike daddy

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Garrett Bradbury and a 7th to the Rams for edge rusher Justin Hollins
sign Rams free agent center Brian Allen
trade Danielle Hunter

If the Vikings are unable to move Cousins’ contract, or if they decide they don’t want to, Hunter will transition from a serious trade candidate to a highly likely one. Replacing the edge rusher with a younger and healthier Hollins on a one-year prove-it deal for the price of Bradbury, then assuming a new direction at center in the form of an Allen signing in free agency appears a logical path forward for the new regime in Minnesota.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/trade-rumors-garrett-bradbury-hollins-rams/?fbclid=IwAR3RmgDNzgSdM604lmyerw03CrPp4lUc2q2N5qwwygGuhWCfbSIA8p3R-xU

Is Brian Allen an upgrade at center?  Not sure honestly I bet the Rams might be moving on from him but sure maybe he is a bit better than Bradbury but not by much.  Won't the Vikings be the one getting the 7th round pick or another pick?  Justin Hollins is good and a great athlete but is not even a starter on the team, granted is poised to have a breakout year but Bradbury has been so so but at least he has been a starter.  

Odd thing to throw out there, and Brian Allen is just a slight improvement, hell if the Vikings want to move on from Bradbury which is great trade down in the 1st round and possibly get Linderbaum as the next future center.  

Trade Danielle Hunter sure but get what for him, and no way would Justin Hollins be taking his place so they would still have to find someone to put at that spot.  

PS  Nuts Russell Wilson's "base salary" for 2022 is only $19 mil wit ha $27 mil cap hit, compared to Kirk Cousins next year who gets $35 mil base salary with a cap hit of $45 mil. That is just awful.

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Is Brian Allen an upgrade at center?  Not sure honestly I bet the Rams might be moving on from him but sure maybe he is a bit better than Bradbury but not by much.  Won't the Vikings be the one getting the 7th round pick or another pick?  Justin Hollins is good and a great athlete but is not even a starter on the team, granted is poised to have a breakout year but Bradbury has been so so but at least he has been a starter.  

Odd thing to throw out there, and Brian Allen is just a slight improvement, hell if the Vikings want to move on from Bradbury which is great trade down in the 1st round and possibly get Linderbaum as the next future center.  

Trade Danielle Hunter sure but get what for him, and no way would Justin Hollins be taking his place so they would still have to find someone to put at that spot.  

PS  Nuts Russell Wilson's "base salary" for 2022 is only $19 mil wit ha $27 mil cap hit, compared to Kirk Cousins next year who gets $35 mil base salary with a cap hit of $45 mil. That is just awful.

Would guess that Wilson is either traded and gets a new deal or demands a new deal with Seattle. Cousins is also inflated so I’d certainly expect him to get a new deal, whether that comes from the Vikes or another team, who knows.

21 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think if you end up trading Bradbury, you may as well just resign Cole, because you have to save money somewhere and Allen would be more expensive than either Bradbury or Cole.  

I agree, if Bradbury is traded I’d let Cole and maybe Davis compete at Center. Perhaps add a Center on day three as well. 

9 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree, if Bradbury is traded I’d let Cole and maybe Davis compete at Center. Perhaps add a Center on day three as well. 

This was my thinking as well. I'd love to see if the new staff could develop Davis into a starting caliber center and then find a RG replacement for Udoh. Though it would be great if they could bump up Udoh's game to where we dont need a replacement but can develop depth behind him. 

Do we know what the reason for Davis not getting snaps at RG last year? Was it strength? Not grasping the offense?

19 minutes ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

This was my thinking as well. I'd love to see if the new staff could develop Davis into a starting caliber center and then find a RG replacement for Udoh. Though it would be great if they could bump up Udoh's game to where we dont need a replacement but can develop depth behind him. 

Do we know what the reason for Davis not getting snaps at RG last year? Was it strength? Not grasping the offense?

Where is this Wyatt Davis can play center coming from?  Especially center in a zone blocking scheme, Wyatt Davis was a standout OG prospect and an elite prospect for a few years on Ohio State.  Only reason he fell in the draft is he had some injury issues near the end of his RS SOPH and into his RS Junior year which was that COVID year and he was hurt on and off and his play was affected by it.  

No time on Ohio State did he play center as far as I know.  And I believe he was not played because clearly Zimmer did not like playing younger rookies, hell he did not even play Justin Jefferson right away as a rookie, then again they played Darrisaw but that was out of desperation.  But yeah maybe he was not ready for it but hard to be worse than Udoh was at times and there is no reason not to play him a little last year so that was a surprise.

Moving him to center is not going to help his career but would be nice to see him play because he clearly has ability.  

• Like 3