WR-Draft or FA?

AFF

12 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think that's a due diligence.  What if he falls to the 5th/6th and that humbles him and he's changes?

Remember Honey Badger before he went back to Tyranny Mattheu? He's had no issues as a pro. Some guys mature and change. Some mature guys in college change when they have NFL success. It's the circle of life😂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Remember Honey Badger before he went back to Tyranny Mattheu? He's had no issues as a pro. Some guys mature and change. Some mature guys in college change when they have NFL success. It's the circle of life😂

Exactly. Heck a bunch of late round hits are more the Mattheau/AB type of character issues but talented over the TB12 little “talent” but high character. 

• Like 1

This is a good topic... so I'll bite. The first thing we need to understand from a team philosophy and positional need of historical accuracy is that wide receiver is a revolving door with many substitutes. The phrase dime a dozen has never been more apropos to anything more so than this position. You pay Hines Ward. You pay Antonio Brown. And that's it. One could argue there has been no mistakes in that philosophy over the last twenty years. Plaxico Burress.... and the potential of growing from that 2004 Ben, run around, and heave it up, would have been nice to see. But I can see Hines embodying your team more so than Plex.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is the first name to come up where we can challenge this philosophy. First off... do I like JuJu? Absolutely not. He is an obnoxious, despicable, trendy, abomination. As a matter of fact, his actions irritate me. This me, me, me whiny baby diva personality with no TO production is like why you about me again? Your juice is not worth the squeeze. Just shut up, JuJu. Do I think he can play ball? Yeah, I mean, he's alright. He's solid. There is a certain reliability in his game that I like. He's tough. Not like Jesus tough. But it's kind of hard to get on that level. He can somewhat be Hines like. And that's what I'm looking for.

There's also this sort of untapped potential to JuJu's game that I like. Deteriorating Ben kind of halted his growth and development. Not too mention the shoulder injury. With the possibility of coming in at a discount, I'd sign him to AB first contract money..... 5 years, $42.5m. 

Going for gold.... I'll try and get Terrance Mathis with Mohamed Sanu at minimum contract type levels to serve in that 4th WR type role. 

I have grown tired....... of plug and play type WRs... that come and go. At the expense of building blocks in the middle rounds of the draft. ANYONE can draft a WR in the 3rd-5th rounds. With that said, someone mentioned BO MELTON  and I like him as well.

One final topic... you only pay one of JuJu and Diontae Johnson. If Diontae Johnson thinks he's $70m type player. I take the comp pick every time. Let him go down to Jacksonville and bask in the sun and I pencil in a big ole nasty guard with that 3rd rd pick for about a dozen. With that said, and as a regurgitation and amalgamation of the past, I will pay AB (or JuJu) over MIke Wallace (Diontae Johnson) every time.

And that's it, folks.