If you were the Packers GM, what would you have done?

dust247

If you were the Packers GM, what would you have done?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. If you were the Packers GM, what would you have done?

• Re-signed Rodgers for 4 years - *$200 Million ($150 Guaranteed) -- *Contract details still pending*
    • Traded Rodgers & 2022 4th Round Pick to Denver for QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DT Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection
    • Traded Rodgers to Washington for three first-round picks (2022 -- No. 11 overall --, 2023, and 2024)

If I were GM, I'd maintain the status quo - GB isn't going to fire someone who keeps turning in 10 win seasons. 

If I were GM and not worried about getting canned, I'd probably have taken the Denver offer to either reload if Love pans out, or jumpstart the rebuild if Love doesn't pan out. Plus then Rodgers is out of conference and GB doesn't need to worry about seeing him in the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldn't have drafted Love. 

Do you believe Rodgers would of been as motivated as he has been the last years had he not draft though?

not saying packers drafted him for this reason at all. But it clearly lite a fire under his butt.

Maybe wouldn’t of seen back to back Mvp without love.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Do you believe Rodgers would of been as motivated as he has been the last years had he not draft though?

not saying packers drafted him for this reason at all. But it clearly lite a fire under his butt.

Maybe wouldn’t of seen back to back Mvp without love.

That's always possible and you can't dismiss that argument, but I've always more directly attributed his improved play to being in year 2 of the new offense. Saw a similar result with Matt Ryan in 2016 in his 2nd year with MLF as his QB coach. He blew up and won MVP after an average 2015 season. 

• Like 1