2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Wilson has concentration drops. I think he will be very much like DJ Johnson

DJ and OBJ are pretty similar comps if you ask me. I just see more “acrobatic” catches from Wilson that remind me of Odell. Also Wilson tends to freelance in his routes similar to OBJ. 

19 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Completely forgot he was on the team last year tbh. I do not think they plan on him being the starter, but he’s nice depth.

I loved him coming out.   Was never close to what I thought he'd be.

Doubt he is even a lock to make the team....but likely will since we have nothing at safety.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 43M said:

I loved him coming out.   Was never close to what I thought he'd be.

Doubt he is even a lock to make the team....but likely will since we have nothing at safety.

I LOVED him coming out too. Dude was a heat seeking missile in college and I remember praying he would fall to us. Funny how things change so quickly. 

• Like 2

So, DeVante Parker was traded to the Pats for a late round pick...

Come On Reaction GIF

Im not saying Parker is anything special, but Im pretty confident the Dolphins would've preferred trading him to us instead of a division rival.

We need a WR, and even if he is a bit older, he absolutely wouldve been worth a late pick.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

So, DeVante Parker was traded to the Pats for a late round pick...

Come On Reaction GIF

Im not saying Parker is anything special, but Im pretty confident the Dolphins would've preferred trading him to us instead of a division rival.

We need a WR, and even if he is a bit older, he absolutely wouldve been worth a late pick.

The Patriots overpaid. A 3rd round pick (they did get a 5th back) is too much for a guy who can’t stay on the field like Parker. 

I would’ve given up a 5th at most.

8 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

The Patriots overpaid. A 3rd round pick (they did get a 5th back) is too much for a guy who can’t stay on the field like Parker. 

I would’ve given up a 5th at most.

Initially they said it was a late round pick.

I agree, thats a bit much for a 29 yr old WR with 1 season above 800 yard in his career.

15 minutes ago, 43M said:

Initially they said it was a late round pick.

I agree, thats a bit much for a 29 yr old WR with 1 season above 800 yard in his career.

They should’ve got Jamison Crowder on the cheap….he signed for basically 1/$2 mill with 2 mill in possible incentives.

There’s mostly just wr4 types left in FA looking it over quickly…I still would like Will Fuller though.

It’s possible they double dip in the 1st 4 rounds at WR.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

I agree.   

Id prefer not to, though.

Why? 

Is it more of an overall draft capital thing or just of wanting spread the picks around at different positions?

Just curious

Edited by AFF

Sounds like Brandin Cooks is on the market. Seems crazy that he’s still only 28 years old. I think his contract is pretty modest at 4.5 mill this year. Doesn’t seem like a move we would typically make but I think he’d be a great fit. If he could be had for a 4th I would make the move but a 3rd feels a bit rich. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Sounds like Brandin Cooks is on the market. Seems crazy that he’s still only 28 years old. I think his contract is pretty modest at 4.5 mill this year. Doesn’t seem like a move we would typically make but I think he’d be a great fit. If he could be had for a 4th I would make the move but a 3rd feels a bit rich. 

I don’t understand why Cooks never latches on anywhere. He changes teams every year.

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

$16 mill cap this year and IIRC a FA after this upcoming season…Packers would be good spot for him.

9 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think, tbh, Cooks would be huge in our offense. He produces no matter what offense he is in.