99% of you are going to hate this (offseason outlook involving Manning)

MikeT14

21 hours ago, mike23md said:

The Giants have stated before that Davis Webb is their future QB and they know that Eli's time is fading quickly. 2017 may be his last. What that means is, its likely that Webb is starting in 2018 for the Giants. Their first pick this year is going to be an OT to replace Flowers. Flowers has been a huge disappointment. 

I don't see Eli pulling a Peyton route when his tenure is done in NY. I think he and his brother start a radio show and move on from football. 

I would rather not bear the brunt of watching Colt play with this team. I would play the rookie and let it go. Dont want stop gaps like Josh McCown. Hell, even if Kirk stays, I say draft a QB in the 4th just to get rid of Colt. 

I think Eli would give one more year of football he's 36 but he still can be a vet somewhere and get the extra money for his family .

Lol at people wanting McCoy over Eli.

eli started since 2004 and never been injured and avgs 20 touchdown a season and has a very good playoff record while his whole career sealed with new wideouts after every 4 years .

60 percent comp ratio with an avg of 3500 yards a season and we want McCoy who can't stay healthy and never had 20 tds with a much weaker arm to be the qb lol.

Since 2014 Eli Manning has averaged 26 touchdowns and more .

thank god this isn't a realistic possibility lol I think I would take Eli Manning over McCoy id even take Kap over McCoy .

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I think Eli would give one more year of football he's 36 but he still can be a vet somewhere and get the extra money for his family .

He don’t need the extra money. Believe me. Endorsements and salary. He don’t need it. Besides why come to a rival in the division and have your legacy be even worse. I think he calls it quits. 

3 minutes ago, mike23md said:

He don’t need the extra money. Believe me. Endorsements and salary. He don’t need it. Besides why come to a rival in the division and have your legacy be even worse. I think he calls it quits. 

?I mean dc is a nice place to live Arizona would be an option but I think cardinals rebuild which would be unfair to Arians .

and well it's still football lol he comes from a passionate football family .

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

?I mean dc is a nice place to live Arizona would be an option but I think cardinals rebuild which would be unfair to Arians .

and well it's still football lol he comes from a passionate football family .

My cousin, who is a Giants fan, said that Eli is done. You can see it in how he plays. McAdoo will be gone at years end, or before that. He said this team has ignored protecting Eli and have believed in Flowers for too long. They overspent on defense and had not realized they were in a downfall in terms of talent. 

He also told me that Eli is one of those guys that will not play in the division. He just won't. He is likely to go to the AFC, like Pittsburgh or Denver, yes Denver, to be a stop gap on a team that likely has a chance to win another one. 

3 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Lol at people wanting McCoy over Eli.

I would want neither starting, but if we're going to go one of those two ways, I'd rather McCoy so it's clear what the plan is (tank 2018 to build forward in 2019). Signing Eli feels like a done-solely-for-marketing, turd-polishing move.

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

My cousin, who is a Giants fan, said that Eli is done. You can see it in how he plays. McAdoo will be gone at years end, or before that. He said this team has ignored protecting Eli and have believed in Flowers for too long. They overspent on defense and had not realized they were in a downfall in terms of talent. 

He also told me that Eli is one of those guys that will not play in the division. He just won't. He is likely to go to the AFC, like Pittsburgh or Denver, yes Denver, to be a stop gap on a team that likely has a chance to win another one. 

Shoot Denver would be an upgrade over the Giants are right now

still I like Eli as a vet I think people here are forgetting that he isn't that bad haha

10 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

still I like Eli as a vet I think people here are forgetting that he isn't that bad haha

He's better than people are discussing, but bringing him here just adds to the circus atmosphere. It would definitively prove that the front office has no long term strategy and is just flailing about trying to do marketing moves.

6 hours ago, Woz said:

He's better than people are discussing, but bringing him here just adds to the circus atmosphere. It would definitively prove that the front office has no long term strategy and is just flailing about trying to do marketing moves.

I mean vet wise Eli as professional as you can get as a qb . He isn't a huge qb star like mcnabb was or rg3 and he has experince .

plus if skins draft a qb than the media won't make Eli Manning in dc a big issue to me it's just like the best bet qb you can get 

Actually rather do Eli and a rookie qb than to just pay Kirk cousins millions . Realistically they aren't that far apart in fact Eli might do well in our system over Kirk who I feel now has to many confident issues .. atleSt with eli Manning I'm 100 percent sure he will make pryor way more a factor . lol 

If Eli goes somewhere he’s going to go to a team which would be a contender if he joined them. The Giants have done a lousy job of building an OL for him the last few years after their former pro bowlers retired. I could definitely see him going to Denver or Arizona and hopefully those teams would be drafting OL high in the draft and sign another one or two so that Eli would have more Protection.

Im not at the point where I believe Cousins will be gone from the Redskins yet and at this point in their careers I’d rather have Cousins.

I also agree with Woz in that I’d rather roll with McCoy and draft a qb high - if Cousins isn’t signed long term after this year - because signing a veteran who’s in the last few years in the league is just a stop gap and solves nothing. In fact it would just keep up equivalent to what we are now with Cousins only Cousins is younger and still has time to grow with this young team and especially young Wrs where a vet near the age of 40 wouldn’t.

Archived