New FO is impressive

iloxygenil

Not going to overpay just because we like ya! I love it.

Foye was good, not elite but got 15/year I don't see the value there
Gage is gone and we don't know for how much but I don't think he was someone we couldn't replace with a mid round pick especially in this year's draft.

Agreed, so far so good. They're certainly not in a situation where they should be paying Foye and Gage what they got on the open market. Letting them walk was the right decision.

Even if they did have the cap room, Foye was overpaid. Gage's deal was more reasonable, but he can be replaced like you said. He was a solid #3, but nothing more. With that being said, wish both well. Two really good late round picks by Dimitroff. If you can consistently draft well, this what you want. Let them sign elsewhere and get a comp pick. Rinse and repeat. Being huge free agent players usually doesn't work out well for teams. 

My head is still spinning trying to figure out what the heck the deal could possibly be to get him here. Latest reports are we were required to submit an accepted offer to even sit down and chat with him so that part must be in place. 

Would it be Ryan and Grady to Houston to make this deal even possible without giving away 3 years of 1st round picks? I don’t want Grady gone, but seems like he doesn’t want to be here?

I just wanna know what’s going to happen anyone have ideas beyond this Watson stuff of who we may pursue?

53 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

My head is still spinning trying to figure out what the heck the deal could possibly be to get him here. Latest reports are we were required to submit an accepted offer to even sit down and chat with him so that part must be in place. 

Would it be Ryan and Grady to Houston to make this deal even possible without giving away 3 years of 1st round picks? I don’t want Grady gone, but seems like he doesn’t want to be here?

I just wanna know what’s going to happen anyone have ideas beyond this Watson stuff of who we may pursue?

Package I heard thrown around was 3 1st's, Grady, and Grant. Not sure the source of that, so take it with a grain of salt. 

I just have a gut feeling it's going to happen, on the basis of Watson wanting to come home. We'll see. I think we'll know by Friday at the absolute latest where he's headed.

In other news...

I wouldn't mind it if the price is right. And if Watson comes, Will Fuller probably enters the conversation too. I've seen Allen Robinson get thrown around as well.

34 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Package I heard thrown around was 3 1st's, Grady, and Grant. Not sure the source of that, so take it with a grain of salt. 

I just have a gut feeling it's going to happen, on the basis of Watson wanting to come home. We'll see. I think we'll know by Friday at the absolute latest where he's headed.

In other news...

I wouldn't mind it if the price is right. And if Watson comes, Will Fuller probably enters the conversation too. I've seen Allen Robinson get thrown around as well.

Gosh… really? That’s a ton to give up. What would we be getting back for Matt?!

12 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I don't know, but I really think Watson is coming. 

It is really starting to feel that way isn't it? like...crazy to me, but 100% feeling that way it's bonkers. If Atlanta can keep 2nd round picks this year...like I dunno it's crazy. I love Matt, I think last year was the best football he's ever played honestly behind the worst team in the NFL he still managed to compete game in and game out, he amazed me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

It is really starting to feel that way isn't it? like...crazy to me, but 100% feeling that way it's bonkers. If Atlanta can keep 2nd round picks this year...like I dunno it's crazy. I love Matt, I think last year was the best football he's ever played honestly behind the worst team in the NFL he still managed to compete game in and game out, he amazed me.

I'm with you there. I've continuously been a Ryan supporter over the years. We all know he played good enough to bring this team a Super Bowl. And last year, no QB could've had success behind that offensive line. While I think he could easily play 3+ more seasons, the problem is this roster is lacking talent across the board. For that alone, it makes sense to at least consider moving him, if you can make it work from a money standpoint. So what makes Watson any different? Easy. He's 26. Trading for him locks down your QB for the next 10 years (in theory). 

I really hope we can hold onto the 2nd's this year because it's a deep class. Spreading out the picks over the next few years lessons the burden. 

Let's just say the trade is 3 1st's, Grady, and Richie. I really don't think it would be anything more than that, just different in structure. You add a WR or two in FA, along the lines of Landy/Robinson/Fuller. You bring back Patterson on a team-friendly deal, grab an OL and pass rusher with the two 2nds, and grab a RB to pair with Patterson in round 3. Defense still would lack talent, but that offense could make things fun next year. OL should improve at least a little bit, especially with a day 2 pick, and Watson's mobility improves the situation there. 

Edited by swoosh

3 minutes ago, swoosh said:

I'm with you there. I've continuously been a Ryan supporter over the years. We all know he played good enough to bring this team a Super Bowl. And last year, no QB could've had success behind that offensive line. While I think he could easily play 3+ more seasons, the problem is this roster is lacking talent across the board. For that alone, it makes sense to at least consider moving him, if you can make it work from a money standpoint. So what makes Watson any different? Easy. He's 26. Trading for him locks down your QB for the next 10 years (in theory). 

I really hope we can hold onto the 2nd's this year because it's a deep class. Spreading out the picks over the next few years lessons the burden. 

Let's just say the trade is 3 1st's, Grady, and Richie. I really don't think it would be anything more than that, just different in structure. You add a WR or two in FA, along the lines of Landy/Robinson/Fuller. You bring back Patterson on a team-friendly deal, grab an OL and pass rusher with the two 2nds, and grab a RB to pair with Patterson in round 3. Defense still would lack talent, but that offense could make things fun next year. OL should improve at least a little bit, especially with a day 2 pick, and Watson's mobility improves the situation there. 

So we're going to give up 3 1s, a top 3 DT and a 2nd round pick from last year...ouch that's a HAUL. We better be able to get a 1 and 2 for Ryan to be able to survive that :/

2 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

Would absolutely hate any kind of trade for Watson. I don't mind supporting a bad team but I do mind supporting a scumbag of a human being.

Yet no criminal charges are being brought and we don't know what the civil cases will bring yet. This may all be a money grab, this is America. Innocent until proven guilty, except by the uninformed online know it alls.

If he's a dirtbag then so be it, but no one has proven he is yet.

1 hour ago, iloxygenil said:

Yet no criminal charges are being brought and we don't know what the civil cases will bring yet. This may all be a money grab, this is America. Innocent until proven guilty, except by the uninformed online know it alls.

If he's a dirtbag then so be it, but no one has proven he is yet.

This being America also means that justice can be bought and it's possible he'll get preferential treatment. See the Ray Lewis case as an example.

Anyways, will be nice to see the other side of the fence for once when it comes to disrespecting the franchise QB.