Kmart's Annual Bills Mock Draft

Kmart128

Its that time of year again folks. Many of you know me from my previous username marshawn lynch. I fell in this forum due to mock drafts. When I joined this site the Bills sucked. We had nothing to look forward to after week 17 but the NFL Draft. The NFL draft has always been like Christmas to me. Without further ado here is Kmart's Annual Buffalo Bills Mock Draft! Just as an FYI I use Walter Football as a guide on who will and won't be available. 

2022 NFL Draft - Wikipedia

Round 1 (25th)- Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson: CB is obviously our number 1 need right now. And there should be a plethora of them in this draft. Its a heck of a CB draft class and what better need to be able to fill this year. Most of my later picks are luxury selections looking towards the future. But this is the one position that we need immediate upgrades and playing time. Levi left in free agency, Tredavious White may miss a handful of games depending

Home - Russell Street Report

Round 2 (57th)- Darian Kinnard OG/OT Kentucky: Kinnard played RT in college but best projects as a OG at the next level. Saffold isn't very young so we could get younger here. And immediately he adds competition with Ryan Bates at RG. Kinnard is a huge linemen with surprising athletism. Something the Bills have become enamored with lately in drafting linemen. Bills run game really started improving when we started puling our linemen more. Kinnard has the athletic ability to pull and get his big frame in space. Bills also started bringing in Doyle as a 6th linemen last year in obvious running downs and it really helped Singletary get better push. With Kinnard playing RT in college it would not surprise me to see him take over that role if he can't beat out Bates for the RG spot.

Can Kentucky Wildcats Darian Kinnard make it to the NFL? His girlfriend,  net worth and family

Round 3 (89th)- John Metchie III WR Alabama: Brandon Beane said he wants to add speed to the team. Metchie isnt the fastest guy but he does have decent speed. He has the ability to play inside or outside which is why I am having the Bills select him. In 2022 he will be used as a backup behind Gabe Davis. Metchie like Davis bring big play ability. Crowder however signed a 1 year deal with the Bills. So come 2023 we will be looking for a starting slot WR. Its possible McKenzie will fill that role but Metchie will give McKenzie some competition for it.

John Metchie III - Pine City Radio

Round 4 (130th)- Cade Otton TE Washington: Rumor has it the Bills will be playing with more 2 TE looks. If that is true then Bills are one injury away from forcing Sweeney to be out there more than he should. OJ Howard signed a 1 year deal with the Bills. And if Josh Allen makes him look good which he probably will... OJ will be looking at a nice payday in next free agency. Otton will be a cheaper backup option in 2023 and will help save us cap space to get Diggs an extension.  Bills have met with Otton so they are obviously interested.

Cade Otton of the Washington Huskies reaches for an incomplete pass... News  Photo - Getty Images

Round 5 (168th)-  Carson Wells OLB Colorado: The Bills have released AJ Klein to save money. Now SLB are a thing of the past with as much as the Bills play nickle. However in goal line situations or 3rd/4th and short situations we still need a guy to fill in at that spot. Wells could very well be that guy. He has some nice pass rushing ability for a Linebacker. He has a chance to be a Lorenzo Alexander type player for us when he is on the field. Maybe down the line we could also potentially convert him to DE and play the Von Miller role for us when he hangs it up.

Carson wells Stock Pictures, Editorial Images and Stock Photos |  Shutterstock

Round 6 (185th)- Joshua Williams CB Fayetteville State: I have the Bills doubling up on corners. We are still pretty thin at this position. Especially when we don't know when White will be back. We could still add a vet but as of now we need to add atleast 2 CBs. This is a super long CB at 6'3 and has decent speed with a 4.5. He dominated at the DII level and I believe can be a diamond in the rough. Let McDermott coach him up and he could turn into a very nice player for us down the road.

Joshua Williams - Football - Fayetteville State University Athletics

Round 6 (203rd)- Matt Araiza P San Diego State: It was clear at the end of last season that the Bills really need a Punter. We brought back Haack but I don't think he will be here long. At the very least we need competition to bring in for him. Araiza averages 51 yards a punt and just won the Ray Guy Award for best Punter. There is a reason he has the nickname punt God. He is far an away the best Punter in the draft and he would give the Bills huge field position. Our defense had to overcome being put in terrible field position time and time again. We are even scarier when the we are able to actually pin opposing teams deep. Araiza was also a kicker in college and in the age of Covid having a backup kicker is important incase Bass can't go.

Where would you take Matt Araiza? : r/NFL_Draft

Round 7 (231st)-  Max Borghi  RB Washington State: The Bills are apparently in love with Borghi. We have met with this RB numerous times so far this predraft process. We tried to sign McKissic which fell through and we settled for Duke Johnson. Borghi is a similar type of back. All 3 are known as pass catchers coming out of the backfield. It seems the Bills are valuing that out of a RB. Gives Josh Allen someone to dump ball off to instead of forcing it down field all the time. Borghi won't be an immediate player but Duke Johnson is only here on a 1 year deal. Max could fill his role in 2023 to save money and help get a Diggs extension done.

Max borghi Stock Pictures, Editorial Images and Stock Photos | Shutterstock

*Bonus UDFA- D'Eriq King QB/WR Miami:  I decided to add him because I think this is an important addition to the team. Keenum and Barkley are our 2 backups. Both are over 32 years old and only one makes the roster I assume. We will need a practice squad QB at some point. I think King could be perfect fit for a practice squad. For one he can play WR if we need a body there at training camp. And for the scout team he can be the Lamar Jackson or Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray. This year we were using McKenzie in that role. Itd be nice to have an actual QB used as the scout team QB. And if he looks good he may even become a backup when ever Keenum and Barkley leave. But i wouldn't bet on it. 

Project 53 Man Roster

QB: Josh Allen / Case Keenum

RB: Devin Singletary / Duke Johnson / Zack Moss / Max Borghi

FB: Reggie Gilliam

WR: Stefon Diggs / Marquez Stevenson

SL: Jamison Crowder / Isaiah McKenzie

LT: Dion Dawkins / Tommy Doyle

LG: Roger Saffold / Ike Boettger

C : Mitch Morse / Greg Mancz

RG: Ryan Bates / Darian Kinnard

RT: Spencer Brown

TE: Dawson Knox / OJ Howard / Cade Otten

WR: Gabe Davis / John Metchie III

DE: Von Miller / AJ Epenesa

NT: Daquon Jones / Tim Settle

UT: Ed Oliver / Jordan Philips

DE: Greg Rousseau / Shaq Lawson / Boogie Basham

MLB: Tremaine Edmunds / Tyrel Dodson / Tyler Matakevich

OLB: Matt Milano / Carson Wells / Marquel Lee

CB: Tredavious White / Joshua Williams

SS: Jordan Poyer / Damar Hamlin

FS: Micah Hyde / Jaquon Johnson

NKL: Taron Johnson / Siran Neal

CB: Andrew Booth / Dane Jackson

K: Tyler Bass

P: Matt Araiza

LS:  Reid Ferguson

KR: Mckenzie / Stevenson 

PR: McKenzie / Hyde

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Looks really good to me. Love Booth.

I doubt Araiza last until the 6th round though. There’s talk of him being a 3rd round pick. Jordan Stout would be a good alternate though. 

Even if Araiza doesnt you have 2-3 other punters who are draft worthy.

I think Ryan Stonehouse from Colorado State is the best punter