2nd Round, 56th Pick overall Cowboys Select

textaz03

Oh, also, wasnt Parsons in trouble once for mushroom stamping a team mate in some hazing thing? Kids do dumb crap when they get away from home for the first time. Long as its an isolated incident they grow from, thats typical kids being kids stuff. Its the kids who constantly do dumb things because they never take the wake up call as a moment of growth that worries me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Pressure are good, but we get that with DLaw. We need sacks!! We don’t need another Almost Anthony!! 

Randy Gregory was an Anthony Spencer type.

But dont let sack stats mislead you, either. Sacks, just like pressures, can be both essential and misleading: whats it matter if a player has 10 sacks but 8 are on 2nd and short and were folllwed up by first down throws on 3rd and 8 or 3rd or 10, because they cant get through forna sack on better protections typically associated with the playcalls seen on 3rd and 5+?

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Randy Gregory was an Anthony Spencer type.

But dont let sack stats mislead you, either. Sacks, just like pressures, can be both essential and misleading: whats it matter if a player has 10 sacks but 8 are on 2nd and short and were folllwed up by first down throws on 3rd and 8 or 3rd or 10, because they cant get through forna sack on better protections typically associated with the playcalls seen on 3rd and 5+?

Ok I should have said Game Changing plays. Elite pass rushers can make game changing plays. You wanna be elite, get the big money, be that type of player. Big reason why I was against giving that big payday to Dlaw. He is not a dynamic game changer on Defense. 

Now Parsons, that’s a different story. If he continues in his development, he is going to be something really special as a dynamic, elite game changer. 

I had zero awareness of him as a player.  My only concern is he too one dimensional. That might not be too bad if he can be effective playing in the rotation of what we already have at  RT DE.  I am just worried that year in year out it seems we struggle at the end of the year stopping the run and Williams weakness is the run game.

12 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Ok I should have said Game Changing plays. Elite pass rushers can make game changing plays. You wanna be elite, get the big money, be that type of player. Big reason why I was against giving that big payday to Dlaw. He is not a dynamic game changer on Defense. 

Now Parsons, that’s a different story. If he continues in his development, he is going to be something really special as a dynamic, elite game changer. 

I was heavily against paying Lawrence like he was our version of Strahan, as well. He can be disruptive, and he can penetrate, play the run, and has a knack for going at the ball - but he is not that game changing pass rusher who, on 3rd down, requires that extra attention or he WILL break up that play before the drop back ends. Those are the players who deserve those whopper mil a year contracts. Thats just not who Lawrence is.

I made this comparison years ago when we paid him and all those others back then, and ill make it again: remember when we overpaid Austin, Barber, James, Ratliff, Spears, that kicker whos name I forget, and others? Cost Wade his job, and wasted 4 or 5 years of Romo in his prime while we ate terrible cap situations and rebuilt. 

When you pay an average player like he is really good, and a good player like he is going to make the hall of fame, its going to cost you years of success. Pay for mediocrity and you get mediocrity.

That is what happened with Lawrence, Cooper, hell even Zeke to a point. We paid them like they were better than they were, and its held us back.

The loyalty Jerry shows his players is really cool. But there is a such thing as being loyal to a fault.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Pressure are good, but we get that with DLaw. We need sacks!! We don’t need another Almost Anthony!! 

He had 12.5 sacks in the SEC this season, so I think you’re good.

I am stoked for this guy. I have felt for a long time that he’s one of the most underrated players in this draft. Rare measurable—guys with his athleticism tend to be very successful in the NFL—and absolutely relentless on the football field. Perfect scheme & need fit. I really thought he was a key to this draft for us. Would have been amazing to get him at #88, but I totally get Dallas not wanting to risk it.