Day 3: Dallas vs NFL Draft

WizardHawk

10 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Really wish we could get HT back here too. Miss that big baffoon. His kid should be getting close to High School by now 

Yeah, its crazy to think how long a lot of us actually go back on here! Hell, I was the first admin on the official dc dot com forum and plan9 the first mod there...and I was still coaching back then. Feels like a lifetime ago. 

But the rest of our mainstays on here, I can think back to draft debates we all had here about guys like..Sam Bradford, or Felix Jones v Mendenhall v CJ2k. Talking like, a damn decade ago 🤐 I feel like Ill wake up soon amd HTs son will indeed be that 32nd pick to Dallas his signature banner used to say ... though at this rate it might be more like the 23rd pick because we will never get past wild card weekend! Ha

8 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Yeah, its crazy to think how long a lot of us actually go back on here! Hell, I was the first admin on the official dc dot com forum and plan9 the first mod there...and I was still coaching back then. Feels like a lifetime ago. 

But the rest of our mainstays on here, I can think back to draft debates we all had here about guys like..Sam Bradford, or Felix Jones v Mendenhall v CJ2k. Talking like, a damn decade ago 🤐 I feel like Ill wake up soon amd HTs son will indeed be that 32nd pick to Dallas his signature banner used to say ... though at this rate it might be more like the 23rd pick because we will never get past wild card weekend! Ha

Right! I joined here Nov 2005, it was my first deployment to Iraq. Insane how long some of us have been mainstays here! 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am quietly optimistic about this draft.  no draft is perfect and there might be some JAGS, but overall, considering when these players were drafted and who was available, I thought Dallas did well.

Yeah, they hit the nail on a few needs and bolstered some shallow areas of the depth chart. Realisticaly, a good draft lands less than 25% of the class being starters, and typically yields at least 1 consistent bit player (be it a core special teamer or rotational guy, or backup who fills in a time orntwo each year and doesnt all out suck). So expecting more than like 2 of these guys to be really good starters is unlikely. Could it happen, as it does sometimes. But its not the norm.

Its more like a baseball batting average. Hitting .250 or .280 is not all that shabby. .320, .345, yeah thats pretty damn nice. Kinda the same with hitting on drafted players. If .250 of them last on the team and make a probowl or two, well, thats a good draft allnthings considered. Of course youd love to bat .400 and get 3 or 4 good, longterm starters from this group. But again...not all that common. Happens sometimes, with a bit of luck. So, crossing my fingers.