Day 3: Dallas vs NFL Draft

WizardHawk

Hmm  I am very depressed about the two LB's we picked up...   the Tackle is okay might take Bohama's place on roster.  But with OL Walker, West and Slayer available... all of those will have a better chance of making the team.   Personally I would have drafted Walker and WR Ross over those..  I guess both are still there and might get in the 6th  BUT I WANT a top tier kicker  who  solves the kicking issue for next 4 years not one of the next level UFA's...

Well that's it folks....    I like a lot of what they did..  most will be wait and see so not too thrilled with most of them.    Players I think we missed out on...  OL Walker.   WR Ross   PK...  Dicker, Brkic or Mevis all would have been good IMO.

Could have gotten a better value at CB than we did and felt we also could have found LB that actually makes the field in 2022 if we wanted...  

Ferguson and Waletzko though both should see the field this year so I guess that is a plus.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, I will say this. The last time the Dallas Cowboys Franchise had players named:

Smith

Tolbert

Williams

Harper

On the team, they won 3 SBs

Is it a sign???

Some times you spit out some trivia that legit surprises me. This is one of those times.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I wonder if Dallas might triple dip into the OL prospects if Cade Mays makes it to 193. Believe they took numerous looks at him. Safety might be it too. 

UDFA class should have some good ones available.

I was hoping for a triple dip into OL as well, a pure interior OL specifically. Maybe am experienced 2 season center. But cant complain here I guess.

Also, hi.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I still cant fathom how PFF rated us with the #1 OL in the NFL. The entire coaching staff and front office was like "This poop needs to get flushed and we need to start over"

I love PFF but I also try to take a lot of their stuff with some salt, and pepper, and some garlic powder too. Lol

Some of their metrics and methods really do make sense, but leave out certain elements that are a bit harder to quantify or slap a number on someone or something and label them with some ranking that completely disallows for things such as scheme, or what the player is asked to do.

I think i saw one Pff ranking on a night game where they listed some scrub OL filling in for an injured packer WAYYY over their all pro lineman Bakhtiari and thinking to myself, what freaking metric didnthey come up with to quantify THAT??

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I was hoping for a triple dip into OL as well, a pure interior OL specifically. Maybe am experienced 2 season center. But cant complain here I guess.

Also, hi.

Hiya. Welcome back. Hope all is well

11 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Hiya. Welcome back. Hope all is well

More or less. I never actually left, I peek in now and again. Like to see what the common thoughts and debates are. Just took a step back from getting involved. After that 2 year battle I had before I "came back" last time, well, just put a lot of stuff in perspective. I had to get ducks in a row. Prioritize those little things that we take for granted without even realizing that we are doing so. And just keep on working myself back to full strength.

Which if you wondered, I am :) Even benching the same weight I was before the whole mess began. 👍

I should be a bit of a regular again. Even join in on the forum fantasy league again for 2022. If i recall correctly...I believe I never defended my 2016 or maybe it was 2017 title. ;)

Edited by Dallas94Ware
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

More or less. I never actually left, I peek in now and again. Like to see what the common thoughts and debates are. Just took a step back from getting involved. After that 2 year battle I had before I "came back" last time, well, just put a lot of stuff in perspective. I had to get ducks in a row. Prioritize those little things that we take for granted without even realizing that we are doing so. And just keep on working myself back to full strength.

Which if you wondered, I am :) Even benching the same weight I was before the whole mess began. 👍

I should be a bit of a regular again. Even join in on the forum fantasy league again for 2022. If i recall correctly...I believe I never defended my 2016 or maybe it was 2017 title. ;)

Really wish we could get HT back here too. Miss that big baffoon. His kid should be getting close to High School by now