Round 8 - UDFA

jch1911

On 5/1/2022 at 12:28 AM, lumberjackchris said:

Between this guy, Christian Harris, and Garret Wallow, and KG, and Reeves Maybin, Christian Kirksey, Neville Hewitt...

We've actually got really good LB depth. We might have the deepest LB group in the league. I feel like Hansen could edge out Hewitt, or Kevin Pierre-Louis for a roster spot just because I feel like this guy is probably a ST ace type. Honestly, I feel like Wallow might be an above average starter for us. I think that might  happen this year. I can't wait to see how this LB group shakes out. 

5 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Between this guy, Christian Harris, and Garret Wallow, and KG, and Reeves Maybin, Christian Kirksey, Neville Hewitt...

We've actually got really good LB depth. We might have the deepest LB group in the league. I feel like Hansen could edge out Hewitt, or Kevin Pierre-Louis for a roster spot just because I feel like this guy is probably a ST ace type. Honestly, I feel like Wallow might be an above average starter for us. I think that might  happen this year. I can't wait to see how this LB group shakes out. 

Our linebackers are awful, what are you talking about?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Our linebackers are awful, what are you talking about?

Maybe there's no like, top of the line All Pro LB on this team, but there's certainly a bunch of  really good pro LBs, and they're fast! Like, I don't see Kirksey being able to hold off all of these fast young players who were all ILBs in college. KG is actually good imo, if you disagree, like, we must be talking about different players. The only Texans LB season I remember being decidedly better than KGs 2021 was was Cushing's rookie year. But, KG, that guys a + starter. I really liked what  I saw from Wallow last year, even though it was only like one or two games. He's fast! I feel like he's got the right attitude. I expect him to compete for a starting job. But just the combination of reliable veterans like  Kirksey and Hewitt with all these fast young players like Harris, Wallow, Hansen, and with KG playing lights out in this system, I dono, I just disagree, I think we have good LBs. 

Plus Pitre will probably play some LB in sub packages.

Edited by PAtexansFAN_99

47 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Maybe there's no like, top of the line All Pro LB on this team, but there's certainly a bunch of  really good pro LBs, and they're fast!

I don’t know if I agree with this - they’re part of the 30th ranked defense, they didn’t exactly move the needle in terms of actually stopping anyone (in a Lovie-coordinated defense, at that).

Most front seven units are primed to stop the run, and this unit rated out at 31 out of 32 in that category. This defense did nothing well, but they were particularly bad at what you expect LBs to do.

I’d argue that many of these guys wouldn’t be in the league if it wasn’t for the Texans. 

The defense as a whole was significantly better at the end of the year than it was at the beginning. Also, they were constantly on the field because TK and no ground game. Can we at least agree (I thought everyone shared these opinions but I guess not)

1. Kamu is an above average LB in this defense

2. Garrett Wallow was a good draft pick

?

• Like 1