Another TE Project

LoganF89

54 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Although with Harmon, he isn't really all that big.  He is 6'2".  The coaches clearly want really tall TEs so not sure Harmon fits what they want.  But he would be one of our bigger WRs and it doesn't hurt to have a decent sized WR who can block. 

Cooley was only 6’3, it’s not that big of a deal but apparently they did want Harmon to move to TE but he didn’t want to if what @LoganF89 is saying is correct.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Cooley was only 6’3, it’s not that big of a deal but apparently they did want Harmon to move to TE but he didn’t want to if what @LoganF89 is saying is correct.

Plus Cooley had like 40 pounds on him.  But yeah not a big deal.  Maybe the other thing is that these days if you aren't a monster TE you need to be a very fast TE and so he is neither.  

I honestly really like Harmon as a possession WR who can block.  I hope he can stick around.  He could even out all these little fast guys.  I really enjoyed watching him play the one year he got some opportunities and had high hopes.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Plus Cooley had like 40 pounds on him.  But yeah not a big deal.  Maybe the other thing is that these days if you aren't a monster TE you need to be a very fast TE and so he is neither.  

I honestly really like Harmon as a possession WR who can block.  I hope he can stick around.  He could even out all these little fast guys.  I really enjoyed watching him play the one year he got some opportunities and had high hopes.

If AGG is now a TE then the WR depth chart IMO should look something like this

Terry,Samuel,Dotson,Brown,Sims

The question is do we keep 6 or 7 bc the last 1 or 2 spots is going to be a fight between Erickson who we just signed, Harmon, and Milne

I still think Reyes makes the team over AGG & AGG goes to the practice squad. Reyes was good as a blocker last yr in training camp/preseason & they like him on special teams. If he can just improve to be an average receiver this camp I think he makes it over AGG - if we’re keeping 4 TEs - and AGG goes to the PS. AGG has survived the PS before, hard to imagine he wouldn’t.

12 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

The question is do we keep 6 or 7 bc the last 1 or 2 spots is going to be a fight between Erickson who we just signed, Harmon, and Milne

My guess is Milne makes it as the 6th WR. Sadly, Harmon probably cut himself by not agreeing to move to TE where I think he could flourish.

Milne will be the 3rd slot WR behind Samuel & Dotson who can also play there.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

My guess is Milne makes it as the 6th WR. Sadly, Harmon probably cut himself by not agreeing to move to TE where I think he could flourish.

Milne will be the 3rd slot WR behind Samuel & Dotson who can also play there.

Do you think it’s necessary to keep 3 slot type WRs though? I mean I know technically Dotson and Samuel can play outside as well but their game screams slot, that would give us Terry, Cam, and Dyami as primary outside guys

Edited by LoganF89

9 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Do you think it’s necessary to keep 3 slot type WRs though? I mean I know technically Dotson and Samuel can play outside as well but their game screams slot, that would give us Terry, Cam, and Dyami as primary outside guys

It’s not so much about Milne being a slot WR I guess, Rivera will use the term “position flex” when he’s keeping Milne over Harmon. Milne can play all 3 WR positions, I don’t know that Harmon can although I think he can. Harmon as a big slot Wr would be tough to stop & be similar to playing TE. Also, Rivera drafted Milne & likes him. He didn’t draft Harmon. I think Milne will be the #6 WR.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t know how his blocking is going but AGG at TE is very intriguing to me. AGG last chance to make an impression to show he wants and belongs here. 
L Thomas, J Bates, S Reyes, C Turner and AGG. Have to see who separates themselves. 
C Wentz likes his TE’s. 

On 5/20/2022 at 4:06 PM, offbyone said:

Well the reason Cooley thought he’d be a good TE is bc he’s a good possession guy & a great blocker. He’s a tweener I guess. He runs a 4.6 forty which is not slow if he switched to TE.

Edited by turtle28

On 5/20/2022 at 5:32 PM, LoganF89 said:

It could depend on what Dotson shows as a return man in camp & preseason. If Dotson shows he can be a punt returner, I think Erickson doesn’t make the team but it’s probably most likely Erickson is our 6th WR.