Franchise season records

ripsean21

So I know we knock everything this team does until there’s consistent on the field results and not just for a year every 4 or 5 seasons. But I’d like to know if we were to produce throughout this schedule this year and we have a playoff run with more then just a late season surge but a real consistent year from the staff to all 3 phases which player do you think could break a franchise record and which one or ones? For me I think it’s between Terry for Yards and Catches in a season. But I also see a serious breakout for Kam Curl this year as well. I think this year he truely breaks out into national eyes and I know it’s a cheap record to break but I believe he scores on 2 fumble recoveries to set that record as well 🤣🤣

In the modern NFL the team's passing yards in a season record of 4,917 (set by Kirk Cousins) is definitely obtainable. I mean Heinicke last season could barely get the ball more than 5 yards down the field and he had the 14th best season in franchise history. Wentz has never approached 5k passing yards before but I don't think he's had the weapons we have before either. So I think that's doable. 

The Passing TDs in a season record is probably more obtainable, as its only 31 and Wentz has already surpassed that amount once in his career (33) and had 27 two more times.  If I were to bet on a record being broken this is probably the most likely. 

I don't think we have a RB on the roster capable of beating Alfred Morris' 1,613 rushing yards. Ditto for Riggins 24 rushing TDs. 

The receptions record is 113 set by Pierre Garcon, and McLaurin has only hit 90 before.  I expect his receptions to go down with more receiving options this year so I think that's unlikely. 

As great as McLaurin has been, his best season has only been 1,118 receiving yards, which is only the 20th best season in franchise history and well short of the 1,483 record.  Now granted he's had some pretty terrible QBs during that period so maybe Wentz makes him take an exponential leap, but that's a big jump to make. 

The receiving TDs record seems more obtainable at only 12, but we just usually don't score a lot of TDs. The most TDs McLaurin has ever had has only been 7, and Logan Thomas' highest total is only 6. 

The Interceptions record of 13 seems near impossible to break. 

Dexter Manley's 18.5 sacks is also likely quite safe. The highest we've had in recent memory was 13.5 by Ryan Kerrigan. Sweat or Young would have to explode to get close to this. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

In the modern NFL the team's passing yards in a season record of 4,917 (set by Kirk Cousins) is definitely obtainable. I mean Heinicke last season could barely get the ball more than 5 yards down the field and he had the 14th best season in franchise history. Wentz has never approached 5k passing yards before but I don't think he's had the weapons we have before either. So I think that's doable. 

The Passing TDs in a season record is probably more obtainable, as its only 31 and Wentz has already surpassed that amount once in his career (33) and had 27 two more times.  If I were to bet on a record being broken this is probably the most likely. 

I don't think we have a RB on the roster capable of beating Alfred Morris' 1,613 rushing yards. Ditto for Riggins 24 rushing TDs. 

The receptions record is 113 set by Pierre Garcon, and McLaurin has only hit 90 before.  I expect his receptions to go down with more receiving options this year so I think that's unlikely. 

As great as McLaurin has been, his best season has only been 1,118 receiving yards, which is only the 20th best season in franchise history and well short of the 1,483 record.  Now granted he's had some pretty terrible QBs during that period so maybe Wentz makes him take an exponential leap, but that's a big jump to make. 

The receiving TDs record seems more obtainable at only 12, but we just usually don't score a lot of TDs. The most TDs McLaurin has ever had has only been 7, and Logan Thomas' highest total is only 6. 

The Interceptions record of 13 seems near impossible to break. 

Dexter Manley's 18.5 sacks is also likely quite safe. The highest we've had in recent memory was 13.5 by Ryan Kerrigan. Sweat or Young would have to explode to get close to this. 

I was looking at them and it was def between Terry and Wentz because passing like you said is doable. But I do think Terry is beyond capable of reaching those jumps. His QB’s have left a lot of yards and touches off the stat sheet when it comes to Terry. It’s a big jump but I think he’s that caliber of player to get those numbers. And hopefully as you said we can change that not scoring Td’s narrative because your right we just don’t.