2022 NBA Fantasy Draft-Round 1-Sllim Pickens vs. beekay414

Mox

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Sllim Pickens
    • beekay414

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

i think most have mknight's approach of just looking at names and taking the squad with the most names they like 

If talent was everything, every champ since 2018 GS would be different. There isn't a 2018 GS in this tournament. I have more faith in people trying to be objective than you do I guess lol

Just now, Bullet Club said:

If talent was everything, every champ since 2018 GS would be different. There isn't a 2018 GS in this tournament. I have more faith in people trying to be objective than you do I guess lol

I mean the reason I laid them out in a grid was because I was having a hard time conceptualizing 12 players vs 12 players.  It works for me.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean the reason I laid them out in a grid was because I was having a hard time conceptualizing 12 players vs 12 players.  It works for me.

We're good MK. I don't agree with it but I get it.

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i mean i did, but from now on i'm drafting the best names possible 

Yeah, it seems all teams are close and then the easy response is Luka/Giannis/etc is the best player so they will win.  It’s how the voting always goes in these.  My defense is elite. And my offense is pretty efficient and impressive all around.  I expected it. It does suck because I feel like I always get tough first round matchups but oh well.  I like my team and they went to the final four in the sun which is about where I’d put them compared to the other teams in this. 

19 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, it seems all teams are close and then the easy response is Luka/Giannis/etc is the best player so they will win.  It’s how the voting always goes in these.  My defense is elite. And my offense is pretty efficient and impressive all around.  I expected it. It does suck because I feel like I always get tough first round matchups but oh well.  I like my team and they went to the final four in the sun which is about where I’d put them compared to the other teams in this. 

The problem with playing BK's team is Luka and Edwards are elite tough shot makers. Luka has embarrassed better defenders routinely and isn't nearly as impacted by tough defenses as most players. When Edwards is hot he can do the same. Then you follow that up with Pascal, a decent 3&D wing and a rim-runner for a supremely balanced and talented starting lineup. Then he has a solid bench. I think everyone agrees you have a good team and just ran into a great one. BK, depending on a few things, is at least a top 3 team imo.

7 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The problem with playing BK's team is Luka and Edwards are elite tough shot makers. Luka has embarrassed better defenders routinely and isn't nearly as impacted by tough defenses as most players. When Edwards is hot he can do the same. Then you follow that up with Pascal, a decent 3&D wing and a rim-runner for a supremely balanced and talented starting lineup. Then he has a solid bench. I think everyone agrees you have a good team and just ran into a great one. BK, depending on a few things, is at least a top 3 team imo.

I get Luka, he is a stud and I understand why people are saying that with the run he just had in the playoffs. Regarding Edwards, he has a significantly lower OBPM and slightly lower ORating than Mitchell and is worse on defense by the same metrics.  Especially if Edwards is matched up against Butler or Thybulle.   I love Edwards and am excited to see where he goes but he is still a streaky, undependable player who can put points on the board but it doesnt lead to winning much. 

Mitchell and Butler were #9 and 10 in the league in OBPM this year and Haliburtion was 30.  He has only Luka in that top 30.  On the defensive side I also have 2 in the top 10 and 3 in the top 25.  I know I don't have the star power to match Luka but I have stars that fit together on the court on both ends to slow down everyone but Luka.  

I do like BK's team a lot, and I hate getting paired up with him so early but I think that the name recognition of Luka is swaying things here without enough analysis. 

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I get Luka, he is a stud and I understand why people are saying that with the run he just had in the playoffs. Regarding Edwards, he has a significantly lower OBPM and slightly lower ORating than Mitchell and is worse on defense by the same metrics.  Especially if Edwards is matched up against Butler or Thybulle.   I love Edwards and am excited to see where he goes but he is still a streaky, undependable player who can put points on the board but it doesnt lead to winning much. 

Mitchell and Butler were #9 and 10 in the league in OBPM this year and Haliburtion was 30.  He has only Luka in that top 30.  On the defensive side I also have 2 in the top 10 and 3 in the top 25.  I know I don't have the star power to match Luka but I have stars that fit together on the court on both ends to slow down everyone but Luka.  

I do like BK's team a lot, and I hate getting paired up with him so early but I think that the name recognition of Luka is swaying things here without enough analysis. 

I'm also lower on Edwards than most here but he's basically a bigger, suped up Brunson. FWIW, DBPM isn't a real defensive stat.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm also lower on Edwards than most here but he's basically a bigger, suped up Brunson. FWIW, DBPM isn't a real defensive stat.

It’s odd that the best defenders in the league appear to have the highest rating with it though.  I know it’s not perfect but it’s a metric ton compare. I have 4 elite defenders in Thybulle, Butler, Jones and Ayton.  That covers all areas of the floor. 

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It’s odd that the best defenders in the league appear to have the highest rating with it though.  I know it’s not perfect but it’s a metric ton compare. I have 4 elite defenders in Thybulle, Butler, Jones and Ayton.  That covers all areas of the floor. 

DBPM is BPM-OBPM, it's not even its own stat. When you break it down it's basically stl% and blk%. It's a box stat, which isn't indicative of actual defensive ability. I'm not arguing you don't have great defenders, in metrics that are much better, you still have multiple guys in the top 20.