2022 Summer Gamefest Show

Kiltman

Breakdown of the Show

- Street Fighter 6 Gameplay, Guile confirmed

- Aliens Dark Descent, looks to be an isometric shooter

- The Callisto Protocol, a recut trailer of the Dead Space spiritual successor + raw gameplay

- Call of Duty MWII oil rig gameplay. Overview of some new systems and characters. Warzone 2 built off MWII.

- Flashback 2, sequel to the almost 3 decades old indie sidescroller/platformer that updates 

- Witchfire gameplay, from The Astronauts who’s last game was the acclaimed The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

- Fort Solis, seems to be story driven. Troy Baker and Roger Clark (who voiced Arthur Morgan in RDR2). New studio “Narrative thriller, Dead Space meets Duncan Jones’ Moon”

- Routine, announced a decade ago. Coming to Xbox & PC. Another spooky future space game

- Shirtless Rock shilling his energy drink and Black Adam movie trailer

- Outriders Worldslayer update, looking even more Destiny than ever

- Nintendo update: Splatoon 3 Sept 9th, Monster Hunter Rise Daybreak and Cuphead The Delicious Last Course June 30th, and more

- Fall Guys launching everywhere June 21st

- Stormgate, a free to play RTS set in a new universe. Frost Giant Studios, made up of ex blizzard / StarCraft workers. CGI trailer had some very dated animation, but game will be way different.

- Highwater, a new entry in the indie flooded world genre. Adventure strategy game.

- Update on Replaced, had an eye catching trailer at one of the Xbox shows. Due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine the studio had to move and delay. A trailer was going to be here but will be at a later show

- American Arcadia, like a Truman Show game

- Goat Simulator 3 (there was a 2?)

- Marvel’s Midnight Suns update from Firaxis. Spider-Man joining the team. Looks like Venom, Sabertooth, Scarlet Witch and Hulk were turned into demons. October 7th

- Cuphead The Delicious Last Course, Miss Chalice gameplay out everywhere June 30th

- NeonWhite, PC and Switch. Like part visual novel, part 

- Midnight Fight Express, isometric game similar to Hotline Miami. Made mostly by one guy

- Warframe update

- Honkai StarRail, an eastern fantasy space game. Anime artstyle and action gameplay. Zenless Zone Zero, another action game from the same company. Set in a future city sort of setting.

- TMNT Shredder’s Revenge - Casey Jones added to the retro side scrolling beat em up . 6 player mode (local and online) coming out June 16th.

- Super People beta announcement

- Humankind adding Latin countries, also coming to consoles (Gamepass day one)

- One Piece Odyssey, new JRPG set in that universe coming this year, English voice cast announcement for Soul Hacker 2

- Metal Hellsinger, a beat/rhythm shooter with metal music. Demo out now

- The Quarry,  Launch trailer for the spiritual successor to Until Dawn. Out tomorrow 

- Nightingale trailer, shared world action crafting game. Detailed the card system to enter different realms. (If I remember right this team was a lot of ex- BioWare people)

- Saints Row: Boss Factory. Launching everywhere where Saint l’s Row will be at the end of August. Let’s you create your character now, I think with a mission to play.

- Warhammer 40k Darktide, PC & Xbox (Gamepass). Co-op game in the vein of a Left 4 Dead

- Layers of Fears, a sequel from Bloober team made in Unreal Engine 

- Gotham Knights (Oct 25th), Nightwing trailer (more trailers for each character to come. Shows off moves and customization 

- Neil Druckmann from Naughty Dog, jokes about the The Last of Us remake leak from last night. Multiplayer mode for TLOUp2 has been totally spun off into its own standalone game, more next year. Seems like it’ll be like The Division but TLOU combat/story. Update on the show, Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson got roles in the show. Remake of TLOU part 1 for rebuilt for PS5 coming out Sept 2nd, PC shortly after.

• Like 1

Why the hell would you need to remake TLOU part 1 when the original isnt that old and still holds up?

Or is it just a rerelease with improved textures on PS5?  

Two very different things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Why the hell would you need to remake TLOU part 1 when the original isnt that old and still holds up?

The leak said remake which is something else altogether if so. The ps3 games graphics are totally dated but I think they graphically updated it fairly recently to make it more attractive right?

47 minutes ago, 43M said:

The remade it apparently from mostly the ground up. So like brand new models and textures, retraced the facial animations from the original mocap sessions, enemy AI and combat in line with Part 2. As someone who put down the game because of the latter two it gets my attention I guess.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The leak said remake which is something else altogether if so. The ps3 games graphics are totally dated but I think they graphically updated it fairly recently to make it more attractive right?

Totally dated?  

I get they arent on par with current stuff, but it certainly isnt a game that is going to benefit from a remake the way games like Final Fantasy 7 and Knights of the Old Republic would.

I just think remaking games made within the last 10 years is pointless.  Much rather see games remade that would dramatically benefit from a current day remake....like PS2 era games and earlier.

Quick read based on trailers:

last of us: skipped cause I played it not that long ago and don’t want to go back. Despite it being amazing. 

aliens: never cared for any of these movie or not and still don’t but I loved Prometheus and the following game

gotham knights: loved Arkham knight. Never played until recently. I understand it’s about the sidekicks because Batman died but I still don’t give a flying **** about playing as anyone but Batman. 

stormgate: not my kind of game but it gives off love death and robots vibes 

Midnight suns: stand-alone superhero games are the only gfames that have a chance. These conglomerate games fail ten times out of ten unless it’s a mortal kombat esque game. 

street fighter: 😂I call a genre “mortal kombat esque” and then the next game is the OG lol. I’ve never had fun with these games so much outside of injustice, which was okay. It’s hard for me to like these repetitive games. 

modern warfare 2: I’m kinda excited for this if for no other reason than I can delete the 250 gb Cold War game from my console lmao. EA I think was the one that famously declared single player games as dead but modern warfare is also famously known for having some of the stronger fps single player stories along with like socom. This would probably be a full price purchase for me. I never played a fps til 2 years ago or so. They used to give me ocular migraines. 
i do feel like the trailer should’ve done in hardcore mode if possible. Being a bullet sponge is lame. 

-warhammer: my cousin was obsessed with these books but I still don’t know wtf it is 

zenless: I also don’t know what this is 

Calisto: looks like a fresh, freaky IP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Midnight suns: stand-alone superhero games are the only gfames that have a chance. These conglomerate games fail ten times out of ten unless it’s a mortal kombat esque game. 

I’m intrigued by it being a rts game from Firaxis. Put so many hours into XCOM when they brought it back. I don’t like the idea of card systems in games, it takes me out of it. Glad they aren’t chasing Ultimate Alliance again.

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

gotham knights: loved Arkham knight. Never played until recently. I understand it’s about the sidekicks because Batman died but I still don’t give a flying **** about playing as anyone but Batman. 

I’d assume he’s going to be character number 5 post launch. You beat the story and realize he’s alive (as has been the case with The Court). Then after they milk the death storyline he gets added as a playable character. Damien and Batwing could be others, maybe they bring Batwoman into the fold for this too. 

Ive done my best to not get sucked back into these sorta games post Destiny, but there does seem to maybe be enough story to make it worth it. It’d be awesome if the speculation hits about it being Day1 Gamepass.