NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think the only variation of Donovan/Ayton swap that might make sense is if Simmons is coming back.

Or we keep Donovan, acquire Ayton, and send expiring deals and draft capital to get him like John Holinger, former NBA GM, outlined yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers agreed to trade Kuzma a solid young forward on a team friendly deal and Harrell's expiring deal for him last offseason, has his value diminished that much?

Now Kuzma is a young forward on a team-friendly deal?  How the tune has changed.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Now Kuzma is a young forward on a team-friendly deal?  How the tune has changed.

Kuzma averaged 17/8.5/3.5 on 45/34/71 splits and is on a $13M per year deal. That's what guys like Gary Harris and PJ Tucker just got this offseason.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kuzma averaged 17/8.5/3.5 on 45/34/71 splits and is on a $13M per year deal. That's what guys like Gary Harris and PJ Tucker just got this offseason.

I was talking about how half the forum was talking about how he was overpaid last offseason.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I was talking about how half the forum was talking about how he was overpaid last offseason.

If the Lakers somehow receive Buddy Heild and Kyrie while also dumping Russ it'd be one of the biggest heists in NBA history.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

If the Lakers somehow receive Buddy Heild and Kyrie while also dumping Russ it'd be one of the biggest heists in NBA history.

We said the same thing after the Pau Gasol trade and the Anthony Davis trades...

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We said the same thing after the Pau Gasol trade and the Anthony Davis trades...

The 4th pick/8th pick, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, the rights to the Lakers 2023 pick and 2024/2025 pick for AD was a heist? 

Ingram is emerging as one of the better players in the league and AD is declining.

Edited by NYRaider

Personally i would love if the Pels made a trade for someone like Hield. He's a sniper off the bench, which we definitely need, and if it doesn't work out then you have an expiring sniper on an $18/19M deal that you can trade next offseason.

He definitely has more value than being a salary dump.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The 4th pick/8th pick, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, the rights to the Lakers 2023 pick and 2024/2025 pick for AD was a heist? 

Ingram is emerging as one of the better players in the league and AD is declining.

They won a title. Doesn't matter what they gave up.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That and Lakers fans were certain they weren't going to have to give up that trio. They said it was gonna be Kuzma instead of Ingram.

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

They won a title. Doesn't matter what they gave up.

They gave up two top 10 picks, one of the best young players in the league, and control of their draft for the foreseeable future when they're headed towards a rebuild. I agree the trade worked out for them since they won a title but to suggest giving up Ingram and all of that draft capital was a heist is a little far fetched...

A heist would be dumping Russell Westbrook's contract while receiving back an All-NBA level player and another good starter. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, beekay414 said:

That and Lakers fans were certain they weren't going to have to give up that trio. They said it was gonna be Kuzma instead of Ingram.

The trade worked out well for both sides but there's a realistic chance the Pelicans get 4 top 10 picks and Ingram one of the best young players in the league going forward for AD, but I guess it was a heist. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They gave up two top 10 picks, one of the best young players in the league, and control of their draft for the foreseeable future when they're headed towards a rebuild. I agree the trade worked out for them since they won a title but to suggest giving up Ingram and all of that draft capital was a heist is a little far fetched...

A heist would be dumping Russell Westbrook's contract while receiving back an All-NBA level player and another good starter. 

They definitely paid a premium. Under no circumstance would I describe the AD trade as a heist. Just saying that it was worth it for them since they won the title, so in the end the compensation they gave up doesn't actually matter.