NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jazz roster looking doo doo right now, need to make some more moves. We're the only team in the NBA that hasn't signed anyone and this was the first time in like 2 decades that we didn't have a draft pick. 

Who would you rather get back along with Simmons in a potential Mitchell deal, Ayton or Bridges?

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Who would you rather get back along with Simmons in a potential Mitchell deal, Ayton or Bridges?

Bridges but we're not moving Donovan unless we get someone like Bridges and 4/5 firsts. 

20 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Ainge doesn’t do trades unless he kills the other team haha 

I mean we'd be taking back Ben's deal which is reportedly viewed as a negative asset at this point due to the questions about if his back, etc. The Nets only want a few players and Donovan is one of those guys so we'd need a package on par or better than what we got for Rudy.

There's no reason for us to panic though. We have $52M in expiring deals we can move this year, 3 1st round picks next year, $50M in cap space next offseason, and an additional like $40M in expiring deals next year. 

The only guys that i can see us trading for at this point are Poeltl and possibly John Collins.

3 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

27’ 1st, 28’ swap, 29’ 1st for Westbrook/Harris.  

That's a dealbreaker for Los Angeles.  Apparently they want to keep their cap clean for 2023, so taking back Harris' deal AND giving up those picks is a non-starter for Los Angeles.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's a dealbreaker for Los Angeles.  Apparently they want to keep their cap clean for 2023, so taking back Harris' deal AND giving up those picks is a non-starter for Los Angeles.

The Nets reportedly aren't even interested in trading Harris, their owner and GM love him. 

How the Nets deal with Joe Harris may be the best indicator of how they plan to proceed. He’s the longest-tenured Net, often consulted by Marks on major decisions. “I know the Nets absolutely do not want to trade Joe under any scenario,” a league source familiar with Brooklyn’s thinking told The Post. “But there are just thousands of different ways this can play out.”

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Nets reportedly aren't even interested in trading Harris, their owner and GM love him. 

They can keep him tbh.  Makes more sense to get San Antonio involved anyways.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So they're just giving Kyrie away for free to help the Lakers?

I go back the exact question I've asked a dozen times, who is trading for Kyrie?  Woj has already said that no other team is trading for him.  Kyrie's trade value is non-existent.  The only reason a team might trade for him right now is because he's an expiring contract, so they'll want to send back bad, long-term money.  Otherwise, the market is non-existent.  The question I asked earlier, what exactly is Brooklyn's motivation in a Kyrie Irving deal?  Is it to clear as much money off the books, get as much draft capital as possible, or a combination of the two?  I don't think they're clearing significant draft capital AND getting significant cap relief in an Irving deal.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I go back the exact question I've asked a dozen times, who is trading for Kyrie?  Woj has already said that no other team is trading for him.  Kyrie's trade value is non-existent.  The only reason a team might trade for him right now is because he's an expiring contract, so they'll want to send back bad, long-term money.  Otherwise, the market is non-existent.  The question I asked earlier, what exactly is Brooklyn's motivation in a Kyrie Irving deal?  Is it to clear as much money off the books, get as much draft capital as possible, or a combination of the two?  I don't think they're clearing significant draft capital AND getting significant cap relief in an Irving deal.

If the Nets were super concerned about cap space they wouldn't have traded for Royce, resigned Claxton/Mills way above the minimum, want to keep Harris, or signed Warren. If they're not getting anything back for him why not just let him ride the pine and then move on next year? I don't think there owner wants to accommodate his desire to play for the Lakers, especially if they're not getting 1/2 first round picks back. The Lakers have their firsts for the foreseeable future outside of 2024/2025.