NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Having him as a borderline title #1 right now, and somewhere between the 7th-9th best player in the NBA doesn't seem like hate.

You think it was better for Luka to finally win a series then lose chucking over Tatum actually making the finals and beating 3 elite superstar players on the way.

13 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Cope however you'd like. Dallas beat Phoenix by 9, 10, 27 and 33.  

all the evidence i need.

the suns basically played the bucks even in the finals. and they had middleton, pj tucker and lopez healthy. the Cs basically played the bucks even w/o khris, pj tucker or lopez healthy. no way are the mavs blowout the suns good. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

You think it was better for Luka to finally win a series then lose chucking over Tatum actually making the finals and beating 3 elite superstar players on the way.

No, I'm saying Luka is a better player. Like I said, you can't tell the difference between a players ability and the team's result. Luka outplayed Kawhi back to back postseasons but lost both times and you laughably held it against him. Tatum beat Giannis and Butler while getting outplayed by both, and then **** the bed in the finals but his team still won two games. 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

all the evidence i need.

the suns basically played the bucks even in the finals. and they had middleton, pj tucker and lopez healthy. the Cs basically played the bucks even w/o khris, pj tucker or lopez healthy. no way are the mavs blowout the suns good. 

It's not Dallas' fault that team is mentally weak.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's not Dallas' fault that team is mentally weak.

The biggest factor was obviously CP3 getting hurt and not being able to do anything on the court allowing the Mavs to double Book all series w/o consequence but ok. 

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

This feels right

I'm notoriously hard on guys who haven't proven it to me. Luka and Jokic are special cases like a LeBron or Jordan where it's obvious to me they'll win a title as the best player someday. Those guys live for big moments and big games. They have it.

I was leaning yes towards Tatum, especially after he had a big series against Milwaukee. Then he was a disaster in the finals, and if he wasn't they probably would've won. He's still borderline for me. Plenty of time for that to change.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm notoriously hard on guys who haven't proven it to me. Luka and Jokic are special cases like a LeBron or Jordan where it's obvious to me they'll win a title as the best player someday. Those guys live for big moments and big games. They have it.

Did you really just compare Luka/Jokic to Michael Jordan and LeBron James? Jesus.

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The biggest factor was obviously CP3 getting hurt and not being able to do anything on the court allowing the Mavs to double Book all series w/o consequence but ok. 

There have been 32 blown 2-0 leads in postseason history.

This Phoenix squad has been together two years and has two of them. 

Their postseason resume includes beating the Lakers in 6 w/o AD, sweeping the Nuggets w/o Murray, the Clippers w/o Kawhi in 6, and the Pelicans w/o Zion in 6. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Did you really just compare Luka/Jokic to Michael Jordan and LeBron James? Jesus.

Yes, I did. Luka's a 3x All NBA 1st team guy at age 23, and Jokic has 2 MVP's by 27, and they both get better in the postseason. They are special.

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I was leaning yes towards Tatum, especially after he had a big series against Milwaukee. Then he was a disaster in the finals, and if he wasn't they probably would've won. He's still borderline for me. Plenty of time for that to change.

And I get the being hard on em till they prove it take, I prefer that than potential. But nobody these days is winning a ship by carrying the rest of the team, as good as Luka and Jokic are they shown they’re not a capable of it. Knocking Tatum because of his team doesn’t seem right but you said he’s borderline and that feels right. He’s been the number 1 option on a good team with talented players for years, has shown the ability to step up to the challenge and has also faltered. Jokic can’t catch a break with the talent around him staying healthy but I hope we get to see it one day. 

edit : Bron pretty much carried that Cavs team to their ship, but that’s Bron, dude’s been different. And I’m not even a Bron groupie 

Edited by Fureys49ers