NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I know Kemba is being bought out and brought us Duren.  These guys will do nothing for us.  Diallo is a younger version of Burks and Noel plays a little D but with Duren, Bagley and Stewart we don’t need another offensively challenged big. 

Burks is a vastly superior player to Diallo, my guy. Methinks you're underselling him entirely way too much. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I know Kemba is being bought out and brought us Duren.  These guys will do nothing for us.  Diallo is a younger version of Burks and Noel plays a little D but with Duren, Bagley and Stewart we don’t need another offensively challenged big. 

diallo shot under 25% from 3 last year. burks has been over 40% for the last three years. if you want to get the most out of cade, ivey, bagley, duren, and honestly diallo, you need guys to space the floor

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

He is a backup 2 guard. We just dumped the rest of our cap space on a back up SG and a C who shouldn’t get minutes on a young team. Burks might be ok, but he isn’t good enough for that contract or to take on Noel. 

Yes he is lol

What exactly do you think you're getting in the modern NBA for $10m?

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Burks is a vastly superior player to Diallo, my guy. Methinks you're underselling him entirely way too much. 

Maybe on a good team.  On a young team give me the the young player with upside to the older guy averaging 11 a game. He isn’t good enough to flush cap space down the drain. I’d rather we just signed Brunson.

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He is a backup 2 guard. We just dumped the rest of our cap space on a back up SG and a C who shouldn’t get minutes on a young team. Burks might be ok, but he isn’t good enough for that contract or to take on Noel. 

it's one year, maybe 6 months of burks and noel, they get traded or become free agents next year and detroit has a max slot again

Just now, catcheryea said:

it's one year, maybe 6 months of burks and noel, they get traded or become free agents next year and detroit has a max slot again

Or they do like this year and don’t even get to free agency with cap space and take on more of other teams trash instead of at least taking a shot at a decent player. 

Maybe on a good team.  On a young team give me the the young player with upside to the older guy averaging 11 a game. He isn’t good enough to flush cap space down the drain. I’d rather we just signed Brunson.

diallo played the 3 all of last year, his role hasn't changed. he'll come in for saddiq and burks will come in for ivey be the only legitimate bench shooter on the team

this whole thing probably means less minutes for cojo than anyone else

Burks will provide more value for your team than Diallo ever will. Diallo is an entire bag of nothing. 

We took on Noel’s contract as well simply to get Burks.  He isn’t that good to pay 10 and take on another 10.  

Burks is going to be the best wing on your team and you'll flip him at the deadline for an asset. He's a good get. 

• Like 1

Or they do like this year and don’t even get to free agency with cap space and take on more of other teams trash instead of at least taking a shot at a decent player. 

unless you loved the idea of giving bridges a max, there wasn't much worth spending on this year, and even less if you're only offering guys 1 year deals

if you really want to be mad about something, ask why they now have 5 bigs and 2 forwards

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Burks is going to be the best wing on your team and you'll flip him at the deadline for an asset. He's a good get. 

Nah, Weaver doesn’t do that.  He got lucky the Knicks got desperate this year.  If not that Grant trade was atrocious.  This will work out similarly.  

it’s like last year when we spent money on Olynyk.  I get Diallo is trash to but this just doesn’t do it for me.  Such an underwhelming offseason other than the draft. 

****, you want young guys, Bucks will take Burks off your hands for Allen and some 2s. 

i know we like to joke around on here but if you ever suggest that grayson allen wear a pistons uniform again i will ******* find you

****, you want young guys, Bucks will take Burks off your hands for Allen and some 2s. 

Take on Noel and Kemba too and you can have him.  If Burks came in free agency and if we didn’t have the other dumb contracts it would be ok.  But taking on other junk just for him is stupid. He isn’t special.