NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Nah, Weaver doesn’t do that.  He got lucky the Knicks got desperate this year.  If not that Grant trade was atrocious.  This will work out similarly.  

it’s like last year when we spent money on Olynyk.  I get Diallo is trash to but this just doesn’t do it for me.  Such an underwhelming offseason other than the draft. 

Burks will do wonders for Ivey and Bey, my guy. You need vets in this league. 

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Take on Noel and Kemba too and you can have him.  If Burks came in free agency and if we didn’t have the other dumb contracts it would be ok.  But taking on other junk just for him is stupid. He isn’t special.  

You didn't take on Kemba for Burks, my guy. You took Kemba on for Duren. So you can't lump him in to this deal. 

You're completely selling Burks short. He's your best wing from day one and will be a good vet to have around Ivey and Bey. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Burks will do wonders for Ivey and Bey, my guy. You need vets in this league. 

He is a career back up.  You can sign a vet for that for 10M without taking on trash contracts and wasting roster spots. Y’all act like Alec Burks is winning championships for people.  He can shoot, he’ll our own crappy CoJo shot 40% last year and is a vet with a similar PER and O Rating. If Burks was on the Warriors he would have got 6 minutes a game.

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He is a career back up.  You can sign a vet for that for 10M without taking on trash contracts and wasting roster spots. Y’all act like Alec Burks is winning championships for people.  He can shoot, he’ll our own crappy CoJo shot 40% last year and is a vet with a similar PER and O Rating. If Burks was on the Warriors he would have got 6 minutes a game.

Burks literally just played for the Warriors a few years ago and averaged 16 PPG. You don't have a clue what you're talking about right now. 

He's a good piece. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Burks literally just played for the Warriors a few years ago and averaged 16 PPG. You don't have a clue what you're talking about right now. 

He's a good piece. 

He played for the Warriors with no Steph, no Klay, and Poole was a rookie and they finished with the worst record in the league. On a healthy Warriors squad, he sees no minutes. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

With the QO to Bagley and the option on Diallo we are over the cap from what I have read.

no it's over the cap with bagley's cap hold, which is like $28 million

qo is 7. a fair deal is probably around 10, factor in declined options and it's around 18 maybe

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Higher 3 point % and doesn’t cost 10Mil plus taking on Noel. Not saying CoJo is good, just saying the only plus to Burks is his shooting and CoJo was just fine for his 4M a year and not paying Noel.  Burks in essence cost us 20M. For that we could have just signed Brunson or Sexton.